Self made cross-drilled/slotted rotor (Yes or No)?

Self made cross-drilled/slotted rotor?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
Okay, then i think i slot my rear disc and change a real cross drill at front disc. ^^

Last edited:

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
Having experience myself on DIY slotted disc and high performance brake pad on my previous car, I can say it is worth the money.

On my current car, I swap the stocks with some branded cross drilled disc and pad and also it worth the money.

Given any circumstances, they do provide me the bite that I need.

As long as you get yours done with a machine shop that really knows what they're doing (calculating the degree of angles and stuff), you are good to go.

Hairline cracks are common for cross drilled disc, especially when you're pushing the limits. Even stock OEM GT-R disc will suffer from cracks after quite sometime, especially for those track day enthusiast.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
My point of view is that slotted is ok to DIY as i've used them on both of my cars.. so far they serve me well apart from some noise being generated when during harsh braking (it's actually the sound of the slot CUTTING your brake pads thus makes your brake pads wear faster, haha), overall braking was improved...I personally don't recommend cross drill on stock rotor.. because it'll cause hairline cracks on those rotor in the later stage.. unless it is bought in that way eg like Brembo's cross drilled rotor.. their are cast in that way that comes with the holes in order for cooling purposes.. you can see it from the side of the rotor.. the holes sometimes are like a tube inside.. that's why it wont crack so easily.. as bro sky_vspec mentioned also correct, OEM GT-R35 rotor was also cross drilled but it is not actually came stock from the cast itself, it was "re-drilled" after that.. thus it'll cause hairline cracks when hard braking and tracking.. i personally saw one of the R35 in singapore that have this problem, and the mechanic told me the root of this problem.. and the owner had bought new Dixcel slotted rotors to replace it all round which cost SGD1200 per pc.. lol..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Satria 1.3 and i'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start :_:. i plan to get a 1.6 dohc engine since jpj allowed only up to 30% in upgrading engines nowadays.
I've heard from my fellow friends that 4G61 n 4G92 would be a good pick for my car. I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of 1.6 dohc should be compliant to my car?:angel_smile:

2. What are...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience