seeking for toyota corona frens

samuel1121

1,000 RPM
Good day everyone. Iam sam. iam from cheras area. i wish to make frens with those who are driving toyotas or toyota corona. i hope we can all make a gathering at a place for a 'yum cha' or drink. hehehe by the way has anyone knows that in kl got toyota corona club??? have a nice day:regular_smile:

refer to toyota thread...easier.

can find many gurus there as well as other corona members be it TT132, AT151, ST171 or ST190. corona had been replaced by avensis in late 90s. same model and category, different name.

I am driving a corona , and I know some friend driving toyota celica ,
we always yam cha at cheras , pm me your no. and I will call you , tonight
we will have gathering .

sam...
for ur info... S. W. Yap is a legend of the ST code toyota...

salute... legendary Yap... =)

hi. just got myself a tt141 corona. planning to fit in a 1g-gte innit. any advice?

1GGTE has the same potential like 3SGTE after built up... very obvious that toy divided these 2 for RWD n FWD/AWD respectively... 1GGTE is much more cheaper n easy to get from GA70 halfcut (u can fit in the dashboard as well)... way to fit for either 1G or 1JZ is same like RA type celica (old RWD celica)... slightly mod on the crossmember mounting only... others r quite direct...

like legendary yap mentioned... is rare for ppl to drop in a 1G rather than 1JZ coz the mod price different between 1G n 1JZ is just very less... but the power u r getting is a lot of different... except u r considering the amount of road tax u r paying every year n the fuel consumption...

yearly roadtax different for these 2 r bout 500.00...
2.0L = 390.80 + 2.00
2.5L = 887.00 + 2.00

1G is a square engine with bore X stroke = 75 X 75 with stock max 210hp, 234Nm (water to air intercool) - 275Nm (air to air intercool) torque
1JZ is not square at all... 86 X 71.5 with stock max 280hp, 360Nm (VVT-i version) torque

:regular_smile:

Last edited:
S.W.Yap said:
1g engine is rare right now , why don't consider 1jz , price only 2k+ .

but that price is for an auto if i'm not mistaken. a manual costs twice as much:sad_smile:
another thing is i figured it ain't easy registering a 1jz into a 1.8 corona. or am i wrong?:shcokedcamo:

1G example for RT142

these r taken from somewhere else for ur reference...
if u really drop in this... the have to watch out the mounting brakets on the engine block... u need to use back the ori engine mounting brackets n the rubbers from ur car... n 1G block has 2 mounting brackets points... u need to adjust ur engine position c which 1 is more suitable... others r quite direct...

P1010175.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010195.jpg

vsrpffamer.jpg

dont worry bout the JPJ... u r messing with toy... not "bodoh" car... n water come... problem solve... :regular_smile:

huihui...im here too...tt132 user here...
sam!! Teh is back in action..hehe....

at the moment my corona is still in the operation theater. the 1g-gte heart has done timing belt, clutch set, water pump n rocker cover gasket surgery hehe
rite now i'm still looking for suggestions on improving the rear braking system. any ideas that don't cost much???

mojotudam said:
at the moment my corona is still in the operation theater. the 1g-gte heart has done timing belt, clutch set, water pump n rocker cover gasket surgery hehe
rite now i'm still looking for suggestions on improving the rear braking system. any ideas that don't cost much???

is urs rear brake drums?! if so just get the AE86 rear axle set to fit it in... coz it comes with LSD n disc brake... co$t while... not sure...

i dont think it can fit...
toy has few designs of independent rear susp system with different series of differentials...
i believe tt141 differential is F series... JZX90 is not...
the differential will tell u the answer if u can confirm which series of it... ;-)

thanx 4 the answer. i guess i'll hafto maintain the corona axle at the moment due to some con$traint$ heheh..
so any plans for a corona gathering perhaps?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom