Newbie Seeking Advice

Justa

Jul 21, 2013
Penang
Hi guys! Im a newbie in the modding world and I would like to seek some advice on modding a Peugeot 405.

First of all, is it advisable to mod a Peugeot 405 (2.0) (auto)? Its kind of an old car and spare parts are hard to find. :\

Secondly, what kind of basic performance mods should I do on the car? (If you think its okay to mod a Peugeot 405)

Feel free to share your opinions :D

:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Welcome. You just joined I can see.

1. How old are you?
2. A Peugeot 405 automatic? With its long wheel base, low slung ride height, heavy (if not rusted) body? Modify? Kidding right?
3. Since you say its a 2.0 auto, then its not the Mi16 variant, so its not worthwhile modding it.

And ignore any idiots coming to ask you to mod the air filter, change the exhaust, blah blah blah. They don't own one, I do. Leave it alone.

Justa

Jul 21, 2013
Penang
Thank you for your advice. And yes Im new at this, learning more about the automotive world everyday :D

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
nothing much u could modify on the 405, just get a set or rota rims, lowered it & all round skirting should be enough.
no matter how much $$$ spend on modifying the engine it wont go fast.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys! Im a newbie in the modding world and I would like to seek some advice on modding a Peugeot 405.

First of all, is it advisable to mod a Peugeot 405 (2.0) (auto)? Its kind of an old car and spare parts are hard to find. :\

Secondly, what kind of basic performance mods should I do on the car? (If you think its okay to mod a Peugeot 405)

Depends on how much money u gonna use =\, I saw there was a lot drifter playing well with their classic ride, I din`t call it an old car. Especially the legendary lovely datsun.:biggrin:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
big wheel
lowered
muffler
mmm...stickers...heheh

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

The 405 is not a reliable car. I'd mod it to be reliable. :biggrin: Anyway, ever watch that show "Taxi"? You can do exactly the same. Hehe..

Problem with the Peugeot is the aftermarket support in M'sia. It'll probably be easier to get aftermarket parts in UK or Aust, but here M'sia it'll be super rare. If you have a big budget then you can start sourcing online and learning to DIY the installs is highly satisfying. Otherwise save your money, buy a japanese/local car and mod that instead. Cheaper.

And don't listen to people who ask you not to mod because little gain. The gain here is the experience, not how much WHP you get from the dyno. But if that's what you're targetting, then here's hoping you have a big bank account. :biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
The 405 is not a reliable car. I'd mod it to be reliable. :biggrin: Anyway, ever watch that show "Taxi"? You can do exactly the same. Hehe..

Problem with the Peugeot is the aftermarket support in M'sia. It'll probably be easier to get aftermarket parts in UK or Aust, but here M'sia it'll be super rare. If you have a big budget then you can start sourcing online and learning to DIY the installs is highly satisfying. Otherwise save your money, buy a japanese/local car and mod that instead. Cheaper.

And don't listen to people who ask you not to mod because little gain. The gain here is the experience, not how much WHP you get from the dyno. But if that's what you're targetting, then here's hoping you have a big bank account. :biggrin:
i like that movie, think all of the young blm flx taxi here is trying to achieve. anyone ever crossed such a taxi here??:

Justa

Jul 21, 2013
Penang
Im still considering about modding the car. Still finding out more about mods and stuff. I might consider a body kit for it and rims, for performance wise I still need to find out more about it and check my car's condition (engine condition, gearbox and stuff). To know whether it is worth modding it or not (Engine breakdown,etc). :3

Btw how much can i do with a 1-2k budget?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone tell me where can I get this manual book or guide book on net? Or someone have it can post it here or send it to me? I need it urgent. Thank.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience