Savvy....

jayking

Aug 10, 2005
setapak
hi guys...i have been told that u guys r the pro's...i just got a proton savvy(black).....tell me the suggestions for upgrading it?

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
lolx.. good.

too good, dunno how to modi yet. still haven figure it out. wait la

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
dun modified first...jus enuff change a new sport rims..

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
mod mod

I think to be safe you just add things first (stab bar, grounding, tinted :p etc. etc). Safe money then after that go all out. Turbo turbo

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
jayking said:
hi guys...i have been told that u guys r the pro's...i just got a proton savvy(black).....tell me the suggestions for upgrading it?
jayking, did u try 170KMH? :D

just kidding. Hope that the car dun give your problem.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
BlackSamurai said:
jayking, did u try 170KMH? :D

just kidding. Hope that the car dun give your problem.
erm.. the adv. said it's fast enough.. so y don u try out how fast it is b4 u going to mod it?? n tell us the result ok?? i really wanna c wad do they mean power to weight ratio...
cheers!!

jayking

Aug 10, 2005
setapak
yes it is still under warranty and about the car i dunt want to top it to any speed coz it has not touched 1000km.......basically its a classy car.....maybe i will just wait for the right time

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
jayking,
did you get the manual variant? anyways, what you can mod without compromising the warranty would be to dump in a K&N drop in filter element lor...since they've got a no-void warranty claim. if you're daring enough, head on to TiTANs to change your current suspension, all you need is to change the front to coilovers and the back you can't do much but play with the springs i guess, cause you're running a torsion beam setup in the rear correct? what else...hmm, change rims, but i'd suggest nothing over 15"...actually that's more than enough...but if you want performance, stick to 14". get better tyres, BFGoodrich or yokohamas are good. erm, add in some semi buckets from sscus, i think about rm490 a piece plus you could trade in your brand new savvy seats for a rebate! :) change to Q8 Oils during your next service, i think after 5000 km right? upgrade your brake pads to stoptechs or mintex...around 100-200 rm ones will do fine. anything to do with your engine shouldn't be touched yet (ie. exhaust setup/cams/engine internals/bolt-on turbos if any) because like what others said...the warranty :D

drive the car first, get to know it better and slowly upgrade from there. don't one shot dump everything in la, cause then you might not be able to cope with the upgrades.

hope this helps.

jayking

Aug 10, 2005
setapak
ok

.....but the stock rim are 15'....not 14....any suggestion for the sound systems....coz the clarion system is un-replaceable

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
drifterzzz said:
for me change inside first ler seat go to recaro gsr .. thats all for the rims find 16 or 15 will be ok mer ..

isn't weird if a small car like Savvy dumb in a huge recaro seat?

erm....weird weird..how it wil looks like huh?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
jayking, I think the clarion player is similar to the MYVI setup. You'll need to wait for a custom bracket to be built for the Savvy before you can change the ICE. I'm sure you can find space for 2 amps, 1 sub and component speakers :) Btw, Your car less than 1000km don't mod too much la. Engine still running in, so don't do any funny stuff until after the 5000km service. Make sure they fully flush during the oil change and gearbox oil change. Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I can go on and on about how the world doesn’t need SUV’s, and I still believe we don’t. I’ve made up my mind, there’s no changing it. The fact that they kill people in normal cars while the occupants of the SUV walk away is selfish. Manufacturers should be making cars to save everybody because cars exist in our world, they should be protecting us, not kill us. The idea is to make cars safer, not make them bigger...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience