Relay Wiring

bigkingzth

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
KAY AL
hello all sifu thanks for viewing this thread, i have the fog lights done and its working fine with my current setup, which is a direct +ve and -ve wire from batery to a fuse then to a swtich then to the fog lights, but im prety sure that this setup is not so safe in the long run, so i want to add a relay, my questions are

1. how to wire the relay, ? what number go to where
2. want to set it like this, pilot light onfog light on, head lights on fog lights can set on or off with swtich
3 master swtich to off fog lights but pilot light on head light on

hope can get feedback here

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
since ur wiring is direct from battery n using a switch.. u dun really need a relay..

jus make sure ur fuse is close to the battery (6") at the +ve wire of ur fog lights..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
and ur switch must be good..if use lousy switch, ur switch will melt or terbakar inside after sometime when u turn on/off the switch

bigkingzth

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
KAY AL
thanks for the help guys, i got it working, just want to ask if i wire wrongly will it still work i mean the relay, if wrong wiring it should not work one rite? is the voltage stable enuf to DIY a remote swtich?(ignition power)

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
for the relay, if it works, then u have wired it correctly. There are no + or - terminals for the relay so the wiring for a relay is not so complicated. It just acts like a switch.

wat do u mean by a remote switch (ignition power)? You mean to put a switch at ur ignition? If that is ur answer, yes, it can be done with no probs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience