DIY- Lights Wire Tapping

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i bought lights ..... to light my car the part under the meter ..... but i dun 1 it to be on switch ...... i wan it to go on when to doors are opened .... then the lights follow .... but i dunn whare to tap the wire ...... can anyone teach me ?

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi,
check carefully around the door switch.there is a black rubber tap covered the switch.take it off then you will see the switch.find the wire out but remember that the switch only for POSITIVE wire(+),fix the NEGATIVE(-) wire at any metal screw will do...keep in touch if you don't understand what am i talking about...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i only got one wire going to the switch worr ..... the other one going to -ve of the battery

Shackks

Jan 12, 2005
edwin_lcw said:
i only got one wire going to the switch worr ..... the other one going to -ve of the battery
just wired any of the screw in the car which is screwed bound to the car chassis.

That will do the trick.

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi edwin,
what kind of light were you bought??the fluorescent light??
if yes then forget about your plan because fluorescent need some time to light up so when you open and close the door just need a few seconds.fluorescent light cannot a while light it up then off it.the tube won't be lasting long...
and maybe the fuse also easy to burst...
think about it...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
so the fluorescent lights ....... how ? got the diagram and lists of stuff i need ar ?

deadman84

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
this type of light u need a electronic ballast wan

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
hmm... edwin_lcw, maybe u can refer to "undercarriage light" in this forum for some balast info or go to www.howstuffworks.com for more details :)

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi edwin,
fluorescent tube can't direct connect to battery.it will blow...
it must use a electronic choke(ballast)to light it up...
the comment to tell you is forget about the lighting function you wanted to do...