regarding about my boost meter

mesi kaka

From Facebook
hi guys... i got vios with turbo kit,just wanna know how to see d boost meter reading properly?i mean,sometimes when i hit on d throttle the gauge indicate 0.6 or 0.7 bar... but during higher rpm when i hit throttle,it will shown 0.5 bar... can any sifuuuu teach me how? plz plz...:driver:

regarding about my boost meter.

hi guys... i got vios with turbo kit,just wanna know how to see d boost meter reading properly?i mean,sometimes when i hit on d throttle the gauge indicate 0.6 or 0.7 bar... but during higher rpm when i hit throttle,it will shown 0.5 bar... can any sifuuuu teach me how? plz plz...:banghead:

check for leaks ... :) start with ur BOV :biggrin:

Not necessarily leaking. There coulb be problem with the gb ratio too. Not problem, but i mean it could have caused by the gb ratio that is too long towards the final gear n result not full boosting.

Even day n night also may have difference. Example 1st gear, full boost al lower rpm when wot. 2nd gear higher rpm, 3rd gear even higher rpm n so on until the last gear.

then the real reading should b what in my case? :confused:

U suppose to read when the boost stabilizes. However, during 1st n second gear, due to too short load, the boost MIGHT spike a little. But it's nothing to worry abt.

What engine + what turbo u using..?

from intake manifold, and t-joint it with ur waste or actuator, so that u know what kinda boost pressure ur wastegate is receiving...

I'm no Sifu but this is sumthing ive learned while playing with turbo 's .. just to share ...

In that case ...

1. Boost pressure leak ... maybe ur pipes or BOV ...
2. Ur actuator/actuator spoilt cause ur not getting stable readings ...

for ex.

if u are using wastegate and ur spring rate is 0.7bar spring ... there is now way u would get a reading of 0.7 and below if everything is going well :wavey: ... theres no way for u to reduce the boost unless u change the spring ...

if u are using actuator and boost is set at a minimum of 0.7 ... same thing ... unless the actuator has been altered ... or spoilt ...

how to check for leaks if BOV
- simple way ... replace the BOV and try and put battery or sumthing at the BOV hos or pipes ... if boost go up and stable .. it means ur BOV bocor ... if not ... try the ones below ...

How to check if ur actuator or wastegate prob ...
- simple way ... disconnect the vacuum line going into actuator or wastegate and shut it with a skru or anything that can fit in the small hose ... if boost go up like mad ... it means its working ... but then if ur boost meter showing that its still stuck at 0.5-0.7 even at WOT ... go get it replaced ... try this and be gentle with ur FOOT !!

How to check if got leaks ...
- get two boost meters ... the vacuum hoses - one tapped at the turbo housing or sumwhere near the turbo (b4 any hoses and intercooler) and the other at ur intake manifold ... if there is a difference in reading then got leaks ...

the one at the turbo is showing the correct amount of boost ... The one at the intake manifold is the amount going into the engine ... there shouldnt be a difference ... if different check ur pipes :wavey:

this is some of the reasons ... heck there are alot of other reasons but then these are the basics ... :biggrin:

HAPPY BOOSTING :nurse: