Red Bull NASCAR taxi will burnout for fares

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

While NASCAR might not get the blood revving of motorsports fans and petrolheads in this region, at the end of the day, we all still slobber over speed and just can’t resist good old hoonage on the streets, albeit legal and road transport department approved of course.

So when Red Bull decides that its NASCAR teams, and NASCAR in general, needs a little shot in the arm to reignite the passion amongst fans, you get a full-works NASCAR with the bare-minimum done to make it street legal and arguably the world’s fastest taxi on the streets of Chicago piloted by Scott Speed.

When we say the bare minimum, we do mean it. The headlights and tail lights aren’t painted on anymore and have been replaced with the real deal. Side indicators and a license plate holder complete the transformation from track terror to street-legal tarmac scorcher.

So with everything in place, Speed played taxi driver and shuttled people around the city in a blaze of smoke and carbureted-V8 glory. And just in case you’re wondering, yes, his surname really is Speed.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TeFAEKDadCc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: YouTube