Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Diesel engine is economical but the noise it produce...fooo...I cannot accept unless is on truck or 4x4... maybe is because of the liquid it is drinking now...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
The best sound I ever heard from the exhaust when a BMW starts is the brand new BMW 335i Coupe....The sound from the BMW when it starts, really will make you cum...:rofl:
Did you cum inside or outside?:biggrin: I'm thinking to find BMW exhaust for my car don't know can produce that cumming sound or not?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Did you cum inside or outside?:biggrin: I'm thinking to find BMW exhaust for my car don't know can produce that cumming sound or not?
Can only cum outside...cant cum inside...:bawling:

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Well, I can top that. Saw a BMW 1M once, with Akrapovic exhaust to boot. Damn nice. But I reckon a Ferrari 360 Scuderia sounds even better, albeit the driver was giving it the beans. It was loud and awesome as feck!
BMW 1M seen a few already. Can see is a potential car but then I still feel the price of it as overpriced. Can get lots of sports cars with that price...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
SF - u pay for what you get. 1M comes with a host of sophisticated electronic gadgets and what not. The other sports car at that range may not.

--

Let's stick back to the topic at hand. Thanks

--
SoCalRick (bimmerfest.com) said:
With regards to BMW 335, I found this article on www.bimmerfest.com posted by SoCalRick. It's kinda interesting, hence it deserves a share:

I saw a Titanium Silver 335d at a local dealership late on Christmas Eve, but since it was almost closing time I told them I would have to return on another day to give it a test drive. Today I went back and took back to back test drives in both the 335i and 335d. I only got about 15 - 20 minutes in each (wish I could have had more), but it was enough to get a feel for some of the differences between them. My test drive loop was a mixture of about 80% residential/business (25 – 50 MPH zones) and 20% freeway.

Here are some of my observations/comments regarding the comparison between the two:
335i - this was a new MY 2008 (non-LCI) w/o sport package: There was plenty of power, but it was more noticeable higher up in the rpm curve than with the diesel. It gave the perception that it took just a moment for the power to kick in and push you back in your seat. I was trying to decide if I was feeling a little bit of turbo lag, or if this was just a natural transition to reaching it's powerband (not sure if this was TL or not). I might describe the 335i as being a bit rawer than the diesel. What I mean by that is; there is plenty of power on tap, and when it kicks in you really get moving, but it's a little more frantic, or "high strung" than the diesel. (I'm finding it difficult to put my perception into words regarding this aspect, but this comes close). I know others have referred to this car as a beast, and that's what comes to mind here.
I think everyone knows what the gasoline engine sounds like, which is pretty sweet. Personally, I'm past the age where I rev the engine just to listen to it, so there are not that many times during my normal driving where I really romp on it and wind the rpm's out. So the sound of the high-revving engine is not as big of a selling point for me.
Handling wise; the car felt very responsive, the steering was nimble, and it had great braking. Overall it’s a great handling car.

335d - MY 2009 (obviously) w/o sport package: First of all, the sound - The diesel engine was very quiet (non-diesel sounding). The engine sound inside the car didn't have that diesel sound to it (even with the windows down), but did have a lower pitched roar to it than the 335i did. It definitely surprised me; I expected to detect more of a diesel sound than was evident. When I got outside the car and listened to the engine noise up by the grill, I could detect a small diesel clatter right after the car was revved up and when it was decelerating again back down to idle. When listening at the rear tailpipes, I barely detected the same sound. It was definitely fainter.
When I stepped on the gas, it felt like the car responded just slightly quicker than the 335i. Like the "pedal to power response" was more instantaneous (it still wasn't 100% immediate, just closer to it than the 335i). It's hard to describe, but there definitely was a smoothness to this car that I didn't feel with the 335i. If I would compare it to my "high strung" comment for the 335i, I would say the diesel was more reserved, while not appearing to compromise on performance. I like the way this car handled when maneuvering in and out of traffic in 35 - 50 MPH zones. I tried a little ebbing and flowing/bobbing and weaving (e.g. speed up's and slow down's) in both cars and again I felt there was a little more smoothness in the response with the diesel.

With regards to handling, I tried to sense the extra weight in the diesel, but it just wasn't apparent to me. Maybe this is because I am currently driving a 5 series and I'm just more attuned to that weight of vehicle, so I might not be as sensitive to this as a 3 series driver might be. In my short drives I didn't notice a considerable difference between the steering and braking between the two cars.

Overall I really liked the diesel and I think I may get one on ED late this spring or early summer. Until then, I reserve the right to change my mind

So that's my $0.02 from today's test drive comparison; YMMV
--

Sourced from: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335286

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there,

Just wonder this two engine. one is 1.6 mivec and another one is 1.8
which one is more powerful in term of speed.

prons and cons?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience