Questions bout turbo

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
1. Whats the diffrence between a RM50 and RM200 turbo timer?

2. can use on my normal cheap stock 1.0 Charade Espri? for fun :p

3. Is it ok to install turbo on 1.0stock espri?? how much, must install what parts?

thx

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
Satria racer said:
1. Whats the diffrence between a RM50 and RM200 turbo timer?

2. can use on my normal cheap stock 1.0 Charade Espri? for fun :p

3. Is it ok to install turbo on 1.0stock espri?? how much, must install what parts?

thx
i'm a noobie so i donno much but here's what i think la. the RM50 (assuming brand new la) is probably 'unbranded' or not any HOT brand nam like APEXi or gReddy and so on. I guess its functions are damn basic - that is just leave engine running for a set amount of time. the RM200 one is probably branded and has more functions (like maybe RPM, shift light, can read other stuff like volt, maybe temp??? i dunno hehe). And as far as i know, you can use a turbo-tima on ANY car.

as for turbo i suppose its possible. other sifus can comment and help this dude out? maybe u could put in a stock turbo engine? i'd probably opt for the transplant option.

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
transplant - mafan
gotta go thru jpj n stuff, look at turbo stock n c :)

another question, i changed my charade espri 1.0 stock air filter to another one, looks like the INSIDE of the stock one, but no cover around it... just the top n bottom chrome.
mechanic says more air intake.

but... question is : will have any chances of saving more fuel? or fuel consumption will b higher?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
white_bird said:
where got mafan?? haha.. bolt on more mafan...no joking..
agreed, bolt on turbo on or NA engine will need alot of modification, and then still have to face reliability problem, and usually low boost if you don't do much to the ori engine.

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
rm50 normally only count-down function

rm200 got few function such as voltage reading,boost reading,afr reading......etc...

turbo timer can put in NA/turbo car....no problem

carb engine can put in normal turbo timer.....

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
dude....nvr ever bolt on a turbo into an ori engine...but of coz if u plan to kill ur car and change car then it's good to do so la..:).

reasons are many..like what a few ppl have said.....bolting on a turbo will need to cahnge many many things like fuel pump, injectors, turbine..bla bla bla....all those if u really add them up...it's a cost or even more of a halfcut WITH turbo....bolting on a turbo often leads to many problems.pistons crack....leaks...gasket problems....sigh...just seen too many...hehehehe....i had frens who bolt on a turbo into a stock 1.3 satria...2-3months his piston cracked and his whole engine just blew as stock can't take the pressure that turbo is emitting.

so...as i said.....if u plan to kill ur car...then it'll be a good idea tho..:)

cheers

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
zero_kool said:
dude....nvr ever bolt on a turbo into an ori engine...but of coz if u plan to kill ur car and change car then it's good to do so la..:).

reasons are many..like what a few ppl have said.....bolting on a turbo will need to cahnge many many things like fuel pump, injectors, turbine..bla bla bla....all those if u really add them up...it's a cost or even more of a halfcut WITH turbo....bolting on a turbo often leads to many problems.pistons crack....leaks...gasket problems....sigh...just seen too many...hehehehe....i had frens who bolt on a turbo into a stock 1.3 satria...2-3months his piston cracked and his whole engine just blew as stock can't take the pressure that turbo is emitting.

so...as i said.....if u plan to kill ur car...then it'll be a good idea tho..:)

cheers
yo bro
agree with wat u say

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
>all those if u really add them up...it's a cost or even more of a halfcut WITH turbo

Im rebuilding my 4G93P with those GZE low compression ceramic coated pistons (also uses better materials than other manufacturers), upgrading the fuel pump, injectors, clutch plate; changing the manifolds, front mount I/C and everything for less than it would cost to get a GSR halfcut and putting it in... and my engine's rebuilded with new wear and tear parts too. So not really. ;)

Best thing is I choose my spec of parts...

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Zeroed said:
>all those if u really add them up...it's a cost or even more of a halfcut WITH turbo

Im rebuilding my 4G93P with those GZE low compression ceramic coated pistons (also uses better materials than other manufacturers), upgrading the fuel pump, injectors, clutch plate; changing the manifolds, front mount I/C and everything for less than it would cost to get a GSR halfcut and putting it in... and my engine's rebuilded with new wear and tear parts too. So not really. ;)

Best thing is I choose my spec of parts...
of coz it will be slightly lower than a full halfcut.....but remember.....gsr or any turbo engine that is built are done by the nissan or mitsu or what-so-ever engineers of that car's make...they have made years of studies and research.....what u are doing is something like what they say "a mechanics white mouse"....

one more reason u may do the bolt on is that..ur engine is the 4g93p.....so specs almost the same...only internals and design different....the starter of this post is trying to put a turbo in an original engine which does not fit turbo..i hv done many research on what u are doing....as i wanted a 4g93p last time before i did my conversion and then later i bolt in a turbo......each and every mech told me it's not wise to do that although yes...u can hv ur own specs and oso can hv loads of headaches after that.......thats y i went for a turbo engine instead of bolting one in...

cheers....;)

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Heheh I know, I was just saying that it wont necessarily be more expensive. You can do the same thing on 4G92s or some other engines also anyway. :D And Im pretty sure they wouldnt need years on research to make a turbo variant of the same engine... Im not developing my own engine as well, technically Im using the parts they developed so its not quite a mechanic's experimental play toy. ;)

I've also done my research... What I gather from reputable mechanics is the engine block internals of a 93P and 93T are no different other than the pistons and the additional oil squirter, with a piston conversion things should hold up pretty well.
And you say things may go wrong... but what is there to go wrong with everything done properly? This is atleast, for my case la.

Dropping in an unknown used engine which came in a container exposed to the seas is IMO equally as risky...

return cheers ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum :)

I'm looking to buy a half cut for a Honda civic ek9 or just a regular b16 half cut.

Please tell me any shops(address) in Kuala Lumpur that I can go there and buy, test the half cuts.

Thank you for your help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience