Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
New suggestion from my mechanic:
1)Change to bigger fw & skim a bit of flywheel
2)modified clutch cover and use clutch plate perdana (my clutch also habis already)
3)Lighten conrod, crank shaft & all those related internal things.(wil done by machine shop)
4)Full balancing every single rotating things.(flywheel,conrod & etc)
5)PnP
6) skim the piston head a bit.
7)Finally,remapped the ecu.( not sure about this.stock mmc ecu can be remapped kah?

TOTAL COST=RM 2100

According to him the engine will feel more torque & lighter (of course lah skim here & there:biggrin:).Any comments guys?:hmmmm:

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
wondering, y want to skim piston head? u mean skim engine head?

mite as well throw in oversized 4g15 pistons, or if budget allows, a stroker kit since evrything will be torn down

those stuffs u mention are good stuffs hehe

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
wondering, y want to skim piston head? u mean skim engine head?

mite as well throw in oversized 4g15 pistons, or if budget allows, a stroker kit since evrything will be torn down

those stuffs u mention are good stuffs hehe
My mechanic A said if I want to do stroker kit, the engine kosong price for 4g15p back here in JB is expensive nowdays.Around Rm 1700 to RM 1900.Plus upah everything the total cost would easily reach Rm3000++.He mentioned that there are possiblity for engine to overheat during long journey.Is it true?? So he recommend to me those lightened & blancing things.Plus I dont have to register for engine upgrade or punch my engine block.

But my mechanic B are willing to do this stoker kit things for RM1800 only.Plus new FW & clucth the price is around RM 2300.

Now...both method are within my budget.But which one the best should I choose?Guys help please....:adore::adore::adore:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
No, with a stroked 4g15, it wont overheat...if not habis liao powerzone kenak sue by those 4g15s that got 'stroked' by them, if still worried, just put in a twincore radiator to improve cooling

difference between a stock 4g15 and a stock 4g13 is obvious, and with a 4g15, it would be a better platform to start modding, this is my opinion

since the choice is only between these 2 engines, u will have to mod the 4g13 quite a bit to just match the stock 4g15...so for others here, dont need to mention 'if modify kao kao 4g15 baru can match stock 4g92/93' because threadstarter is only contemplating on doing up these 2 engines

retrofit, mebbe u shud go find the same car with urs, but with a stock 4g15 inside...then this may help u in making ur decision

just fyi, changing to a larger flywheel does not make u go faster

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
No, with a stroked 4g15, it wont overheat...if not habis liao powerzone kenak sue by those 4g15s that got 'stroked' by them, if still worried, just put in a twincore radiator to improve cooling

difference between a stock 4g15 and a stock 4g13 is obvious, and with a 4g15, it would be a better platform to start modding, this is my opinion

since the choice is only between these 2 engines, u will have to mod the 4g13 quite a bit to just match the stock 4g15...so for others here, dont need to mention 'if modify kao kao 4g15 baru can match stock 4g92/93' because threadstarter is only contemplating on doing up these 2 engines

retrofit, mebbe u shud go find the same car with urs, but with a stock 4g15 inside...then this may help u in making ur decision

just fyi, changing to a larger flywheel does not make u go faster
Thanks tofu,maybe you are right,I should test drive a satria with 4g15 engine first.Lighten the internal thing wont bring any bad side effect kah?:hmmmm:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
that one not too sure as never did it

all i noe is that after lightened, then it has to be balanced...and also cannot be lightened too much, and also cannot cincai choose where u want to lighten, it has to be on areas which face less stresses

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don simply skim here and there. If you dismantle everything then cylinder head will need to skim a bit which will result in slightly higher compression.

If you simply skim, then the balancing will be quite difficult to do. To quote someone from another form : Imagine you're holding a brick on a string. If you start to spin the brick it'll move right? You should be able to feel the forces of the spinning (I think it's called intertia?). Imagine if your brick was slightly off balance and you spin it, the spinning wouldn't as smooth and you'll probably experience wobbling.

Take your wheels for example, if you don't do balancing you'll feel some major wobbling at certain speeds. It'll damage something eventually if you don't fix the balancing right? What if you had already skimmed a bit off your wheel? Balancing would be pretty difficult.

I think if you're gonna mod the engine, don't just skim skim skim, you can lighten with aftermarket parts (like lightened crank pulley, etc) but skimming the original.... that one I seriously doubt its reliability. It was designed to function a certain way, changing the way it functions without changing it's material isn't quite safe me thinks.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
aiyah u all so mafan skim laa, potong laa, stroker laa..apo2 laa...

just buy some hicams, put some webers :biggrin:, skim da head, port da head (DIY laa :sleep:), LCP da fella :sleep:

then u can tapau most mildly modded 1.6s d maa :adore:

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008

just buy some hicams, put some webers :biggrin:, skim da head, port da head (DIY laa :sleep:), LCP da fella :sleep:

Aiyo boss dont want to tapau anybody lah boss.Just want add some shiok to my ride.:biggrin:

Just want to ask to those who have done the stroker kit.Do you guys punch the engine number or register with JPJ? Thanks.

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
My mechanic A said if I want to do stroker kit, the engine kosong price for 4g15p back here in JB is expensive nowdays.Around Rm 1700 to RM 1900.Plus upah everything the total cost would easily reach Rm3000++.He mentioned that there are possiblity for engine to overheat during long journey.Is it true?? So he recommend to me those lightened & blancing things.Plus I dont have to register for engine upgrade or punch my engine block.

But my mechanic B are willing to do this stoker kit things for RM1800 only.Plus new FW & clucth the price is around RM 2300.

Now...both method are within my budget.But which one the best should I choose?Guys help please....:adore::adore::adore:
why not come down to klang do your stoker kit and New FW and clutch.... much much more cheaper than others place.........

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Aiyo boss dont want to tapau anybody lah boss.Just want add some shiok to my ride.:biggrin:

Just want to ask to those who have done the stroker kit.Do you guys punch the engine number or register with JPJ? Thanks.
only changing block then need to register

registering it properly will give you a peace of mind whenever u drive ur car...dunneed feel nervous when see jpj car ka, jpj block ka, trust me it is worth it to go through the hassles for a complete peace of mind

insurance evrything all will be ok, as long as u register

punching number will have its risks...if do a bit not cun, how? can do la, but got risk...

oh well...my 0.02 ringgit onli hehe

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Hi bros,

I have a question thats sway away from the engines topic, sorry. Currently im travelling a lot. This week in a day i drove about 600km. when im about to finish my journey, my car starting to jerk in the last few hundred km. its getting worse when i almost reach home. Opened the hood and found out one of the plug cable was loose. After fixing it, the jerk was gone and all ok. But theres a smell from my battery and i found out that the water inside the battery is boiling hot untill steam coming out from it! i thought it maybe because of my journey but after i shut the engine and on it back for a while, its started boiling again...its the same for the day next..

Please help me, whats happening :confused:

Thanks...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site

stroker kit (complete crankshaft, conrods, pistons) cost around 1k or below if ur mechanic knows where to find... engine block u try find from workshops lor... they will sell them off dirt cheap, below rm500 definitely can get.... but the problem is most of them are without documents... hence, u are forced to punch the number....

aiya unker, ur previous kembara piston how leh??... vr high compression rite??... :P

if u have letter/document/AP, its better to go and register at jpj lor...

Hi bros,

I have a question thats sway away from the engines topic, sorry. Currently im travelling a lot. This week in a day i drove about 600km. when im about to finish my journey, my car starting to jerk in the last few hundred km. its getting worse when i almost reach home. Opened the hood and found out one of the plug cable was loose. After fixing it, the jerk was gone and all ok. But theres a smell from my battery and i found out that the water inside the battery is boiling hot untill steam coming out from it! i thought it maybe because of my journey but after i shut the engine and on it back for a while, its started boiling again...its the same for the day next..

Please help me, whats happening :confused:

Thanks...
check if ur battery terminals are connected properly or not... check the voltage value engine switch off/on... check alternator if it is overcharging or not (by refering to ur voltmeter)....

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
How much boss? Location?:burnout:
a fren of mine overhaul his engine almost complete change all the parts only used back the block and head... cos around. RM 2k also polish the head and skimm block. engine moulding all change....

klang jalan kapar. pm me if interested.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BMW 320i will now be available in two new variants that were recently introduced by BMW Group Malaysia, the 320i Executive Edition and the 320i M Sport, that will be available nationwide from 2 April onwards.

Both variants will be powered by the 2-liter four-cylinder mill that produces 156hp. As with all current BMW models, both the new variants will feature BMW EfficientDynamics that includes Brake...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience