Project "Kermit"

gilekentang

Jan 30, 2008
Where to get the go-badge power button look-a-like..??

kelly84

Known Member
May 14, 2005
PeeJay
Hi bro, awesome ride you got there. Mind PM-ing me where you blacked out the inner part of your headlights and did your LED brake lights? Cheers.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks! I've already posted instructions on how to do the "Joey Mod". The tail lights I bought online. The third brake lights I bought online. :top:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
A couple of quick updates, after raya touch up's...

So, 'Kermit' has been sent in again to get some touch ups done. Some little details that needed to be addressed. Anyway, these arrived in the mail...

The blacked out side signals in LED. These have the 'black jack' theme on them. I might replicate this theme on the roof of the car.

Also, the rear fog light came. Pre-Facelift R53's had their reverse lights here. Changing this to the fog light completes the the whole facelift look.

Recently, these came too but I have yet to fit them.

These are the front daytime running lights as well as the signal lights.

They're suppose to give the whole 'angel eye' effect. When fitted, they look like this...

All that's left is to get rid of the current chicken mesh lower grill on the bumper and replace it with a proper JCW one. I've ordered one already so it should be arriving any day now...

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur

The front daytime running lights have been fitted and they are looking pretty good. They aren't bright during the day though. Took the liberty of changing the signal light bulbs from the very orange bulbs to these chrome ones as well. They still light up orange.

The passenger side headlight has been touched up and the 'Joey' mod is looking excellent!

The LED tail lights are quite a sight. They really give the car a very 'refreshed' look. Also, I noticed that the 'S' on the 'Cooper S' badge wasn't stuck on properly so I corrected it.

The original JCW lower grill arrived too. Looks a lot better with it instead of the cheap looking 'chicken mesh' grill.

Now it's time to add a couple of decals! Shall I put the signature mini cooper stripes on the bonnet? Thinking of putting the outline of the black jack on the roof to match the signal lamps I have. What do you think?

Auwen

Apr 28, 2006
Fantabulous...!!! It just made it Sexier than before.
Dun put signature stripes... i think it would destroy the cleanliness of the car (sth look like extra)
Black Jack is good...it match wit mirror...
keep it simple
Juz my 2cent.

Hope to see this car in "real" eyes!!!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My experience with proton...
don't buy the first model.... just wait 1 or 2 years later when their already solved the problem then can buy the car...
i own 1st model of gen 2 and now what happen, waiting for wiring harnes for replacement for abt 1 month and still waiting. the car in front of my house for display rite now and must start the car everyday if not battery will kong. st*pid proton! im one of the customers that lost trust with proton... now planing to buy other brand except...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience