Project cars and all

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The rx7 got sexy butt. Looks like in a stock form. Good platform for modding. ***buy, buy, buy, buy, buy***

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
E30 and RX7 FD.. my gawd. 2 of the most expensive old cars money can buy. I can't believe a FD still goes for 60k atm.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Chaser.. I never quite took a liking to it, cause I think its too long and too heavy in comparison to the tezza?

E30 and RX7...they don't make those cars anymore, that's why costs so much. Go for the Chaser or Tezza if you want FR. AWD, you can get an old scooby.

OR if you REALLY want to take the path less traveled, how about this, buy a 2 door Suzuki Vitara, turbo the mofo, lower it down and you have your own FR drift machine. Call it the KLCC Escudo. lol.

Monster Tajima pushed 405ps from the G16A engine, but his is a 10 minute wonder only to finish the climb up pikes peak. I think if you go mildly at 200ps should be good enough to drive daily. And with it 4x4 box, you can switch 4x2 or 4x4 on demand. So fulfils your AWD AND FW cravings.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Altezza is more for the speed goers while Chaser is for those VIP/mafia look guys. :biggrin:
VIP/Mafia.. elgrand la.. no need think so much.. Chaser is for the low level mafia.. boss sure sit in Elgrand mah.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
all bros say are car models. How about doing project on pick-up truck? Ol fashion, hilux still looks tough and rough. Instead of hitting the tarmac, go off-road....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
A MRS would also be my choice though.

Mid-ship RWD. Small, compact, light weight and nimble.

Supercharge the 1.8 VVTi engine.......Bestttt.....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
I have built one wira 4wd trackday car. It is very very fun, good power, precise handling, easy to push but u need to spend extra on cooling n reliability mods. Otherwise its only gonna bring u frustration. 1 thing for sure, the initial build cost is not cheap though.

Below is what I did (some basic idea without going into details)
Wira shell (empty engine bay but already endorsed 2.0) RM4000
Evo2 halfcut RM11500
6 point bolt on cage RM500
Upah convert RM1000
Wear & Tear, consumables RM1500
4wd conversion RM4000
Coilovers
Brembo brake system all round RM3500 (inclusive installation, modifications etc)
Used rims RM800
Achilles ATR2 215/45/17 RM1000

With the above, u should have a setup with stock engine, 4wd, good brakes capable of late 2:40s.

For maximum reliability, make sure u rebuild the engine before any track action. Remember the engine is already 20 years old. Lots of parts are already due for changing even for road use. Once u have track-biased pads & tyres, more boost, ur looking at shaving ur laptime to mid-early 2:40s. With good training & confidence and more mods, 2:30s not impossible.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I still find a kelisa is a fun track/project car. It may not be track like sepang but maybe smaller tracks like Elite and etcs with lots of turns and tight corners.

Yala only thing costly is the mounting. The rest is fine for me hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Vitara / Pickup trucks, how do you modify the suspension geometry without affecting it's handling? Lowering it that much and all?

I like the idea of the MRS, having driven a stock one, it's amazingly agile. With enough power it'll be quite an entertaining drive I think.

And a 4WD Wira? Wah.. Khoyos bro : what's a Upah? (Pardon my bad malay) and the halfcut parts including the drive shaft all PNP?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I like the idea of the MRS, having driven a stock one, it's amazingly agile. With enough power it'll be quite an entertaining drive I think.

Yup. I have driven it too. The 5-speed manual. There is a 6-speed version as well but i dont know which year that model starts from.

With the MRS, the handling and weight issue is already taken care off. Just fine tuning the handling and then increasing the power up (how much is up to you :thefinger:), and then making the car look good inside and outside.

But it might be kinda cramp for you though.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yup. I have driven it too. The 5-speed manual. There is a 6-speed version as well but i dont know which year that model starts from.

With the MRS, the handling and weight issue is already taken care off. Just fine tuning the handling and then increasing the power up (how much is up to you :thefinger:), and then making the car look good inside and outside.

But it might be kinda cramp for you though.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Actually that's what I like about it. The cockpit is very glove-fitting. Everything is near everything. Accidentally miss the gear lever and you're touching the passengers thigh. HEHEHEHE :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifu...

i want to ask something...is it hard to take off lancer dashboard that already in my satria?...:hmmmm:

planning to take it off coz want to paint it to black color and try to make all the vibration sound disappear...:banghead:

any recommended PVC and Plastic dashboard paint that can last forever?...:adore:

how can i make all the vibration sound from dashboard dissapear?...:adore:

thanks...:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience