petrol price hike

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Petrol price: RON97 to cost 20sen more

PUTRAJAYA: The price of premium grade petrol RON97 will be increased to RM2 per litre from Sept 1 onwards, 20sen more per litre, when RON95 becomes available nationwide, said Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
RON95 petrol and Euro 2M grade diesel is expected to the market by Sept 1. Ismail’s predecessor, Datuk Shahrir Samad, had said in March that the prices for both upgraded fuels would be the same as the previous grades.
The higher grade RON95 will replace RON92 petrol but will be sold at the same price as the lower-grade petrol.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/5/12/nation/20090512115545&sec=nation

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
so easy to say that:
effective sept 1st onwards this year..
RON97-----> price RM2 per litre (0.20 cent increase)
RON95 (tentatively replace RON92)-------->same as today?

turbocharged car can use RON95? i have no idea....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
RON95, in long term will cause any damage to the cars? I know the car performance will drop but how about other things?

Correct me if i'm wrong. better RON rated fuel will burn much cleaner and easier then lower RON rated fuel. So in theory, if long term use of lower RON fuel more carbon will get build up at the valves right? I'm still looking for more information on this.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
in other words ron 95 is red fuel...nothing wrong wit it except ur plugs will die faster :biggrin:more carbon... and of course slightly slower pick ups..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
in other words ron 95 is red fuel...nothing wrong wit it except ur plugs will die faster :biggrin:more carbon... and of course slightly slower pick ups..
uncle, like that will only burden the raykat more only when they have to keep changing plug and clean the engine....:biggrin:

jedi

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
as what i know, RON is referring to the engine compression ratio
if your car compression ratio is 9.5:1 then you should be using RON95. of course using RON97 is OK, but its a waste of $$$$

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
as what i know, RON is referring to the engine compression ratio
if your car compression ratio is 9.5:1 then you should be using RON95. of course using RON97 is OK, but its a waste of $$$$
jedi, correct you a bit. RON is not compression ratio of the engine. RON refers to the resistance of the fuel to detonation. RON97 have better detonation resistance then RON95 which translate to a more stable burning of the fuel in the combustion chamber. Higher compression engine will need higher RON rating fuel to avoid detonation from happening.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
thats y even low compression engine use higher RON rating gives a cleaner engine...it gives u the complete burning process to avoid carbon build up... xD

Bump: thats y even low compression engine use higher RON rating gives a cleaner engine...it gives u the complete burning process to avoid carbon build up... xD

shiraballistic

Known Member
Aug 14, 2008
i don't understand in whut way is this suppose to help the rakyat ? *blur
expensive export cars can run on ron95 without hiccup, old carb cars safer to use ron97 to avoid detonation or pre ignition.
Most of the cars i've driven that can run on ron95 are just those imports with advance ecu learning capabilities. even so it still not recommended too be used. (seems powerless and just consumes more fuel to me :banghead:)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
So, what do you guys think? Will it really help with this RON95 or it will just burden the people with more changes needed on the spark plugs and engine cleaning due to carbon build up?

xbalance2002

1,500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
how come the new price gap so far for Ron95 at RM1.75 and Ron97 at RM2.00
different by RM0.25

different by 2 Ron and price different by RM0.25

Mar 21, 2008
RM2 still doesnt hurt much.....thank god :adore:

Bump: RM2 still doesnt hurt much.....thank god :adore:

S4TR14^TURB0

Known Member
Jan 4, 2008
sorry because the post that i found is in malay...

PUTRAJAYA: Kerajaan akan memperkenalkan petrol RON95 yang lebih berkualiti bagi menggantikan RON92, manakala harga RON97 akan dinaikkan mulai Julai ini.

Menteri Perdagangan Dalam Negeri dan Hal Ehwal Pengguna, Datuk Shahrir Samad, berkata pada masa ini, petrol RON92 dijual pada harga runcit RM1.70 seliter, manakala RON97, RM1.80 seliter.

Katanya, petrol RON95 juga akan dijual pada harga runcit RM1.70 sen seliter.

Katanya kenaikan petrol RON97 adalah bagi menggalakkan rakyat menggunakan RON95 yang mempunyai kualiti lebih baik daripada RON92 untuk kenderaan prestasi biasa.

Bagaimanapun, katanya kerajaan memberi jaminan kenaikan harga petrol RON97 yang belum diputuskan adalah munasabah dan tidak membebankan rakyat.

Ketika ini, dua gred petrol iaitu RON92 dan RON97 dijual di stesen minyak tetapi lebih 80 peratus pemilik kenderaan memilih menggunakan RON97 kerana RON92 didakwa kurang sesuai untuk kereta.
"RON95 adalah petrol tanpa plumbum yang sesuai digunakan untuk semua kenderaan termasuk keluaran Proton, Perodua, Toyota dan BMW, manakala RON97 lebih sesuai untuk kenderaan prestasi tinggi seperti enjin turbo dan harganya lebih mahal (berbanding RON95 atau RON92)," katanya pada sidang media di sini semalam.

Katanya, RON95 juga digunakan secara meluas di negara seperti Thailand, Indonesia dan Singapura.

"Justeru, penggunaan RON97 (untuk kereta biasa) adalah suatu pembaziran dan kerajaan berpendapat tiba masa pengguna sedar dan tidak dipengaruhi iklan syarikat minyak yang kononnya menawarkan pelbagai jenis petrol berkualiti tinggi dengan harga lebih mahal," katanya.

Shahrir berkata, kerajaan juga sedang merangka pelbagai strategi pemasaran dan penetapan harga bagi menggalakkan pengguna beralih daripada menggunakan petrol RON97 kepada RON95.
Katanya, kerajaan juga akan mengadakan sesi penerangan bagi memberikan kesedaran kepada orang ramai mengenai kebaikan RON95.

Pada masa sama, Shahrir juga menafikan kerajaan akan mengapungkan harga RON97 yang akan menyaksikan ia dijual pada harga pasaran minyak dunia.

"Perkara itu timbul kerana mereka (pengusaha stesen minyak) kurang faham mengenai teknologi dan latar belakang penggunaan minyak sebaliknya hanya tahu berniaga," katanya.

Mengenai pakej rangsangan ekonomi kedua, beliau berkata, kementerian mencadangkan supaya syarikat pengangkutan minyak diberi subsidi bagi menampung kos operasi sekali gus mengurangkan perbezaan harga di bandar dan luar bandar.

Sumber: Berita Harian

that mean that for modded car or turbo car, u still have to stick to ron97 that the price is very expensive after this :banghead:

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
wat? RON97 increase on julai....not september? WTF...:mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The string of bright orange cones up ahead signals a fast-approaching uphill right-hander that terminates with a bit of uneven pavement. No paddle shifters needed; a tap of the brakes elicits a throttle-blipped downshift as I turn the wheel and round the corner, tires singing and bobbing, but somehow tracking straight. Up next is a fast left-right-left; the last tricky decreasing radius turn that's been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience