Petrol car or diesel car (2nd hand)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How abt hybrid?
A used Jazz hybriz any good?
If you're not used to driving hybrid the battery regen will be a nuisance. And the braking feel is absolutely rubbish with the brake regen also. I personally hate older hybrids. The newer ones though have improved a lot on these items but I still dislike them. I drove the Jazz hybrid to Ulu Yam and back and I was sooooo tired after a day of driving it. It's bumpy, it's slow and heavy and the brake/coasting batt regen made me want to puke everytime. It was so hard to drive smooth.

My forester actually gives the best mileage, because CVT, but highways only. It's heavy so for town, stop go traffic pretty heavy FC. Then of course VR, driving VR really never think of FC.......hahhahaha
Well, only car that can get good FC in jam situation is the hybrids.

bro, this is ZTH (Zero To Hundred). These folks only aim how to achieve that 0-100 goal... performance... performance... and enjoy driving... FC not in picture. LoL
Not really la. I am a stickler for FC but I also want a good driving feel.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
reading all your insights gave me a wake up call. I guess I will stick to my current ride until I have the finance for a ride which I fall in love again and again.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
reading all your insights gave me a wake up call. I guess I will stick to my current ride until I have the finance for a ride which I fall in love again and again.
Does that mean you are no longer that hung up on FC anymore?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro, this is ZTH (Zero To Hundred). These folks only aim how to achieve that 0-100 goal... performance... performance... and enjoy driving... FC not in picture. LoL
hahhahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahaa..........................:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
My forester actually gives the best mileage, because CVT, but highways only. It's heavy so for town, stop go traffic pretty heavy FC. Then of course VR, driving VR really never think of FC.......hahhahaha
booost....VR
FC, what FC ? hahaha....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hihihi...i would luv to see that day.
I bet u will own at least 2 ride with totally opposite character and die2 said u loved them both. Even when u said its rubbish, u will still keep driving it.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
Does that mean you are no longer that hung up on FC anymore?
I am in a perpetual dislike relationship with my current ride. While I dont want to fall into this snarl again, It doesn't feel good at all now!!

I bet u will own at least 2 ride with totally opposite character and die2 said u loved them both. Even when u said its rubbish, u will still keep driving it.
I hope so too. This will transpire when i have the finance for it.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thats the love-hate relationship he is experiencing. Later if or when he get a cushy car he will miss the solid ride of the Iriz..heheheh
Yup, he likely wont like an older Vios or City. Unsure how much the new Vios has improved. Havent rode one yet

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why I have a comfortable family ride for my wife, then another opposite ride for my own......lol

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
I thought Iriz has good handling. Why do you dislike it? CVT? Poor NVH?
1) I love the firm suspension, but it is too stiff - bouncing and body motion everywhere. I wonder if proton has performed pre-loading adjustment on the stock suspension. Body roll is present even with aftermarket anti roll bar installed. If one takes corners like a champion over rumble strips and expansion gaps of the highway, be prepared to have it skip a few beat and sometimes having its rear coming out slightly.

2) I hate the side mirrors because they have huge blind spots.

3) Rubber band effect of the CVT. It poses a threat when you want to overtake or exit a junction.

4) Total cost of ownership including service maintenance and parts replacement doesn't reflect the status of a local car for the masses.

However, only my passengers love it because of its rear seats that have good thigh support and headrests.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
1) I love the firm suspension, but it is too stiff - bouncing and body motion everywhere. I wonder if proton has performed pre-loading adjustment on the stock suspension. Body roll is present even with aftermarket anti roll bar installed. If one takes corners like a champion over rumble strips and expansion gaps of the highway, be prepared to have it skip a few beat and sometimes having its rear coming out slightly..
It's odd if stock is skipping. Did you change the springs or is it caused by your aftermarket ARBs?

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
with or without ARB, it is the same. Well it isn't that fast as per say (less or equal 50km/h) for long turns. So that's why i reserve my judgement on good handling of the car.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
with or without ARB, it is the same. Well it isn't that fast as per say (less or equal 50km/h) for long turns. So that's why i reserve my judgement on good handling of the car.
I never driven the Iriz before but hear it has good handling. Have you driven other car makes/models? Is Vios/City/MyVi better for you? Or just the Contis which are better?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eeeee. Yeah. It's Nurburgring!. It's the Green Hell and I'd know by now you'd be really envious of my experience. I'm sure I'm not the first Malaysian to have been there, and driven in the 'Ring as I personally know of a few friends who've done it, and I know if you are reading this, you would have already driven on the Nurburgring too, except that it's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience