Optimum Coating : VW Passat Sport

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

We have with us a 2012 VW Passat Sports, unlike the CC that has lots of nice curves, this is the slightly boxy one, netherless its brand new, but been through hell before sent to us.

The car was picked up at the dealership a day before we were asked to come. Barely 24 hours and it is already covered in dust and sand.

The high powered TSI engine caused the owner to floor on the brakes even more often and resulting heavy brake dust considering its 1 day old.

Driving via the trunk roads also allows you to not pay toll, not have comfort drive and also kill lots of bugs. Here are some collection of *mosquitoes, moths, and some other smaller insects.

The reflection on a new car is normally clear and reflective but not sure why this is blurry.

Later that we found that its covered in holograms, swirls were minimum but it was the hologram that is hiding the gloss and shine of this sweet ride.

The car was first bathed with Osren Bubble & Wax with a dash of *Osren Multi-Cleaner for additional cleaning strength.

After the wash, clay, further detailing cleaning on the edges, we moved on to a polish to remove the hologram and check on the results. In this picture, We have 2 different*lightings*for comparison.

We zoomed in the halogen spotlight and found that only holograms existed, no swirls or RIDs

Then, Zoomed in to the LED and again, no swirls or RIDs remain.

Double checking on the holograms,

The results was a big jaw drop for the owner as it looked even better than when the car was collected. You be the judge as usual.

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If there's one thing that I have learned from all these detailing posts, it's that even the manufacturer them may have not done an excellent job..
Really need to leave it to the professionals like you..
Congrats..
:adore:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thank you bro for the kind words. Not everybody likes my work here, but u know what they say..

Im just here to share my work =)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
If there's one thing that I have learned from all these detailing posts, it's that even the manufacturer them may have not done an excellent job..
Really need to leave it to the professionals like you..
Congrats..
:adore:
You are correct. Sometimes it is the sales person whom pandai pandai sent it for "courtesy polish" which most of the time make things worst.

Josh,

Awesome job. We are probably somehow related since my dad is also Lai from Perak. Hohoho. It was once said all Lai come from Ipoh.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
You are correct. Sometimes it is the sales person whom pandai pandai sent it for "courtesy polish" which most of the time make things worst.

Josh,

Awesome job. We are probably somehow related since my dad is also Lai from Perak. Hohoho. It was once said all Lai come from Ipoh.
haha maybe maybe, same ancestor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
last week i just install my turbo timer on my standard N/A engine
is a full auto turbo timer

the problem i facing now is,
sumtimes when the engine still runing,i wont be able to lock my door

izzit my timer problem or my alarm system problem?
pls help
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience