opening wira cassette player

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
hi..

i need a help here..

my cassette player in my proton wira is kaput and i would like to change it to a new player that i bought (DIY ed). could you guys teach me how to open the player.. or .. izzit i have to open the entire below dashboard.. izzit the player is screwed like a cd rom in a pc that you screw the left and right of it at the casing?..
i try to push the player out but i cant..

pls help me.. tks

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Last time i do open my satria dashboard quite often...hehee...

1st, u take out the ash tray( or the drawer we normally use to put syling). Then u will see a nut there. take out the nut (if not mistaken its philips type0
2nd, try to search the 2 screw below the air con control panel and its above the radio panel.... unscrew it...

3rd, try to pull out the whole panel, its all clips....but dun pull too hard...slow and steady....

4th, i think the panel already out....oh yeah if u drive an auto car....pull the gear all the way down to L its easier...

P/S: Prepare cloths or towel ...for u to cover the panel or the radio panel to prevent scratching.....while u take it out....

happy trying....

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
mosh said:
hi..

i need a help here..

my cassette player in my proton wira is kaput and i would like to change it to a new player that i bought (DIY ed). could you guys teach me how to open the player.. or .. izzit i have to open the entire below dashboard.. izzit the player is screwed like a cd rom in a pc that you screw the left and right of it at the casing?..
i try to push the player out but i cant..

pls help me.. tks
hey bro,
evan2000 was right but the way is for wira,satria,putra...but the way is for those guys don't have player key.if you have the key (when you buy a new set HU,the key is come with the HU)then you can take out it easily...
good luck....

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
if u duno how to remove ur HU or removing for de 1st time... just open de entire HU panel out then u'll c de clips on how to remove de HU.... so means without de "key" also u can remove de HU... using a test pen or a flat screwdriver...

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
true also.....but after take out ( if got key lah) the new player also need to install in a without key style...which means take out the panel in order to secure the player.... to what i know lah

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
thanks guys..

sorry for the late reply.,.

i manage to take out the player form the dashboard..
yup..just follow the steps.. and wallaa ..its open..

thanks alot guys.. cheerios !1

:regular_smile:

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
aiyakk... the original audio connector cable does not match the port of the new cd player cap ayam that i just bought.. need to do new wiring termination looo... :cry_smile:

planning to do the wiring termination myself.. but kena study dulu.. hmm

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
mosh said:
aiyakk... the original audio connector cable does not match the port of the new cd player cap ayam that i just bought.. need to do new wiring termination looo... :cry_smile:

planning to do the wiring termination myself.. but kena study dulu.. hmm
yeah, this is normal. if u got the user manual for ur new player then is easier to do. Else, u need to find it out thru ur old player user manual....else u need to find out by trial and error oh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Guys

Both front wheel nut of my halfcut is special nut but unfortunately i dont have the special tool to unlock it. Anyone any idea what available tool on the market to unlock the nut?:confused:

Any ideas are most welcome. Thanks for viewing my thread.

Rgds
:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience