Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

one cylinder on 4afe doesn't firing at all...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

intel2800

hello there,

i've got some issues on my 4AFE, which is one of the cylinder does not firing at all.. it happen after re-wiring my fog lamp on my new AE111 GT bumper.. at first i thought it was vibrating and saw the mounting was broke already (top on the gearbox and rear mounting),then after change the mounting already, the engine still vibrating like wobbling sound on the exhaust, so go to the exhaust to change the mounting behind for the muffler and the gasket for the catalyst converter, and it's still wobbling.. then the shop mechanic trying to pull one of the plug wires on each cylinder to test whether its firing.. and i notice the number 3 cylinder does not firing at all.. then i try to exchange the spark plug from the other cylinder to try it on on the cylinder no 3, it still the same wobbling sound come.. then try to disconnect the injector and replace on the cylinder, still the same.. i'm running out of ideas already.. please help me! T_T

some test i've already done..

1. Change Spark Plug wires, using my member AE111
2. change the spark plugs, using my member AE111
3. clean throttle body, nothing changes
4. change mounting, new one's, still vibrates like wobbling
5. change distributor cap with my other friends AE111, still the same vibrates
6. check all the timing rocker arm valves, nothing changes still at same setting
7. check the condition of my timing belt, no damages
8. serpentine belt = good condition
9. change fuel filter, still the same vibratesssssss....
10. change mounting muffler, change gasket for the catalyst converter, just the same vibration....

no idea already lorrrr.... :confused:

distributor sir, u inspected the dizzy's cap previously, now maybe u wud wanna inspect the dizzy pulak

1. Change Spark Plug wires, using my member AE111
>> If after changing the spark plug cable and still one fire is absent, then the culprit should be the distributor. Try swap i with your friend's...

found the culprit already! i found out that one of the injector doesn't injecting fuel at all into the combustion chamber.. i tried disconnecting the injector #3 cylinder from its electronic connector, it does not effect the vibrate at all, but once i've tried disconnecting the other injector connectors, it started to heavily vibrates than b4.. but right now don't know how to solve the problem.. any suggestion or ideas to solve it?? do i have to change the injector controller module?? :idea:

If injector is clogged just clean it, normally they soak in petrol or ultrasonic cleaning. If its dead, then just change it.

Last time mine also 1 cylinder not firing, end up is head gasket broken, after top overhaul the no more problem.

all injector are function well.. no clogged.. all the injector been tested on my member AE111.. it just not been activate by some sort electronics that not functioning well..

planning to send my car to the workshop to diagnosis the injector wiring.. is it diagnosis injector expensive?? want to know...

So its spark absent or the injector problem? Its totally 2 different issue le. I think you better sent your car to the workshop and stop try and error by yourself. Else you may ended up spending big money for a small issue...

already rectified! huahuahua... and my 4afe run smooth like b4.. hoho... the cause? one of the wire to the injector no. 3 were been been accidently cut by the accessories shop that help wiring the fog lamp on the GT bumper, but when i'm ask them they didn't even admit that they cut accidently.. but after all, that i save my budget without even send it to the wiring workshop by solve it on my own only.. :proud: hohoho... but give me a headache to search one by one on the wiring.. :confused: luckily i have downloaded the manual book for 4AFE thru the internet to refer on the wiring diagram.. thanks for you all advise.. :biggrin:

wow, the inejctors wiring are way out of the way of any lights' wires..

if the accessories shop technician claimed that they not accidentally cut it, maybe they purposely cut it..hehehe..

actually they want to snuck in one the fog lamp wires into the interior dashboard by cutting in one of the boot cover of the wires, but accidently cutting one of the injector wires and didn't even notice it.. but damn, its been 3 or 4 weeks that I've searching the faulty of the injector and thank god that i found already.. now that i can't drive my car smooth and easy just like b4... :proud:

Wow bro you are damn a patient guy man. Great job!!!
This explained why i never send my car to the accessories shop... too many lausy job been heard.

yup.. luckily that i've had a wiring diagram for 4AFE engine been downloaded thru the internet that give me a reference.. still i feel iritated with the accessories shop until now, they didn't want to admit it that it was they fault, but i saw the boss of the shop were scolding with the worker who responsible cutting the wires after i left the shop.. hohohoho..

A Post Every 5 Minutes

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom