Odour smell from a/c outlet.

ipin

Known Member
Oct 24, 2004
Guys,
How to solve the odour comes from in dash board thru a/c outlet.
The smell just like 'death lizard'

TQ in advance.

ipin

Known Member
Oct 24, 2004
Already using Glade Sport. Also sprayed Febreeze, but the odour comes when u first step in the car. After a while ON a/c or open up window, the odour just gone like that. How much it cost if I decide to service the a/c? TQ

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
just to share...a few yrs back i found a dead, dry lizard at my a/c outlet...serious..had a shock of my life when i saw the fella...no wonder there was some kinda stink fr the aircond...u might wanna check it out...i just dug the poor fellow out with a pair of tweezers...

Esky

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Or try letting the car sit under the hot sun for maybe half a day, with doors and windows all open. Could be the moisture causing mould build-up. Or, if you're driving the Iswara like me, probably the carpet under the 2 front seats' rubber mats are wet... :(

ipin

Known Member
Oct 24, 2004
As Esky said... it's work. Thankz all 4 u'r info... Cheap sollution. TQ

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Tried a korean poduct. It's a red colour plastic can with a powder cartridge and water packing inside. just pour the water into plastic can and dip the cartridge in. It'll heat up and generates smoke. On the car a/cond kuat kuat and place the smoky can in the car for 20min. It will murder all the bacteria in the a/cond system. cost about RM25-RM30/can. Works wonder for my old junk.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Originally posted by Seabiscuit@Dec 4 2004, 15:19
Tried a korean poduct. It's a red colour plastic can with a powder cartridge and water packing inside. just pour the water into plastic can and dip the cartridge in. It'll heat up and generates smoke. On the car a/cond kuat kuat and place the smoky can in the car for 20min. It will murder all the bacteria in the a/cond system. cost about RM25-RM30/can. Works wonder for my old junk.
Seabiscuit,
Sounds like an intereting product. How does the smoke actually work to kill the bacteria in the air cond system? I'm not very technical but logically, since air is continously coming out from the air cond ducts, how does the smoke get into the air cond system and kill the bacteria? Or am I missing something? Thanks

MRV

Jun 26, 2004
Originally posted by Seabiscuit@Dec 4 2004, 15:19
bro...sounds good, does it remove the cars interior smell too,
where to buy it bro....?

thanks... :)

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
I bought it at Jaya Jusco JB. I donno Kl got sell or not. try J.Jusco car acc section.

ZephyRed

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Sunway
Visit site
biskut-laut ........ what is the name of the product your bought?

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
It's a red colour can with korean writing on it. Can't read korean sorry.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Try aircond service shop. They might have.

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
take come pandan leave and tight it up, put in car...

or put some charcoal inside the car, i think it'll kill all the smell...

seefutt

Oct 21, 2004
Yep,the Korean red can thing is very effective.Bought it from Jusco Midvalley some time back,but for some reason,everytime I go there nowadays,no more already.

It works by fuming the whole interior and airducts.You pour the supplied water into the plastic can,then place the other metal can containing powder into the water filled can,then place the whole lot onto the passenger footwell where the air intake for the A/C is.The powder will react with the water and generate fumes which will be sucked into the aircond and recirculated inside the car.

Been looking for more of these coz the stinky smell is back on my aircond when I first turn it on.Think must be due to the dark garage where it's parked.
If anyone knows where else I can get this thing in PJ/KL,I'll appreciate it.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Found one shop selling in JB for RM29.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20100805/tap-as-malaysia-teen-marriages-b3c65ae.html
:stupid::stupid::stupid:
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia – A prominent Malaysian official Thursday encouraged young Muslim teenagers to get married if they cannot resist having sex and promised money to help them start a family _ a stance that drew criticism from women's rights activists.

Mohamad Ali Rustam, chief minister of southern Malacca state, said the moves could help reduce a growing problem of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience