Nokia 6600 users

bernard,
i've installed the PC suite but still couldnt get the thing to connect...everytime i put the phone with IR on and close to the IR port...it'll restart itself... :(

Originally posted by m a v [3] r i c k@Jul 27 2004, 06:00 PM
bernard,
i've installed the PC suite but still couldnt get the thing to connect...everytime i put the phone with IR on and close to the IR port...it'll restart itself... :(
External IR port ar ? Compatible or not with PC Suite ?

You mean your phone restarts itself whenever it detects a IR connection?

Maybe u try connecting ur 6600 to another computer with IR..see what happens.

yeah bernard...it just restarts...and with my T610 once i put it close to the IR port, the comp will detect the phone...but not with the 6600...its wierd :(

g88,
yeah external IR...no idea if its compatible with 6600 but definitely ok with my T610 :unsure:

Originally posted by m a v [3] r i c k@Jul 27 2004, 09:47 PM
yeah bernard...it just restarts...and with my T610 once i put it close to the IR port, the comp will detect the phone...but not with the 6600...its wierd :(

g88,
yeah external IR...no idea if its compatible with 6600 but definitely ok with my T610 :unsure:
Hm...like that looks like ur phone's IR got prob ..not sure though..why not try BT?

As for me, mine works great for both BT and IR...my IR is built in to the laptop one.

Originally posted by m a v [3] r i c k@Jul 27 2004, 09:47 PM

g88,
try play around with your IR speed at control panel. Or check any new drive available. NOT neccssary phone IR problem.

my phone IR if send files to T610 is ok...its just that between 6600 and pc...thats the problem... :(

wanna try BT but have to sell off my IR 1st... :(

Originally posted by blahblah@Jul 26 2004, 09:44 PM
Don't think you'll need to update ur phone's somewhere...seems like something is wrong with your IR..maybe you can try updating the IR drivers..

btw did you install PC suite for 6600? U cant transfer files to ur 6600 w/o PC suite. I'm using both BT and IR w/o any problems...but for BT..you will need both side to start the connection ..PC-Phone and Phone-PC..so a bit troublesome..as for IR...activate it and it will automatically detect.
sure boh if never install pc suite cannot upload iR?? <_<
why mine can 1? the pc suite is just for u to convert files only, like mpeg to 3gp files. dont really need it as long as there are memory left in ur phone memory. :)

Originally posted by williamclw+Jul 28 2004, 11:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (williamclw @ Jul 28 2004, 11:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blahblah@Jul 26 2004, 09:44 PM
Don't think you'll need to update ur phone's somewhere...seems like something is wrong with your IR..maybe you can try updating the IR drivers..

btw did you install PC suite for 6600? U cant transfer files to ur 6600 w/o PC suite. I'm using both BT and IR w/o any problems...but for BT..you will need both side to start the connection ..PC-Phone and Phone-PC..so a bit troublesome..as for IR...activate it and it will automatically detect.
sure boh if never install pc suite cannot upload iR?? <_<
why mine can 1? the pc suite is just for u to convert files only, like mpeg to 3gp files. dont really need it as long as there are memory left in ur phone memory. :) [/b][/quote]
ppl intent to be lazy and rely on "direct" transfer via IR or BT but when come to problem they blaim the phone and etc....

That's why NOKIA come out with PC Suite to HELP user to transfer/manage their files and data.

Ok, imagine if you wanna transfer imagine directly into specific folder in MMC or phone without PC Suite can you do that ? U will end up getting file received in your messaging Inbox....also if you want to transfer many files at one time....what you need ? PC Suite lah :lol:

Don't get mad friend, am just to help you understand better.

Get an app called Forward (freeware) to copy files in the Messaging app to any folder on the phone.

PS: Sorry, I could not locate the URL...

Top Bottom