BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Hyundai wants to enter Formula 1

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=133902
23 October 2006

Car company Hyundai has officially shown its interest to start up a Formula One team in the future. The South Korean company hopes to enter F1 in 2010, which is also the year F1 will travel to Sout-Korea for its first race in the Asian country.

Although nothing is finalised the talks with FOM have started to enter F1 in the future. A Hyundai manager said in the German media: "We are currently talking with Bernie Ecclestone."

Hyundai is a South Korean group of companies founded by Chung Ju-yung in 1947 as a construction company and was once South Korea's biggest conglomerate company. The company split into five business entities on April 1, 2001 including Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, Hyundai Group, Hyundai Department Store Group and Hyundai Development Group. Hyundai was the 2nd largest Chaebol in 2004 based on total revenues.
oh no, shit.... looks like some Hyundai management get poisoned by Paul Stodart ...

Last edited:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
hahahahaha......... It's good to have another car manufacturer team to be in F1 especially Hyundai!
I heard about Hyundai interest to join F1 few years back.
Hope they will make it to the biggest scene of motorsport in 2010.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Daniel Lee said:
hahahahaha......... It's good to have another car manufacturer team to be in F1 especially Hyundai!
I heard about Hyundai interest to join F1 few years back.
Hope they will make it to the biggest scene of motorsport in 2010.
who are they going to buy over???

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I duno, but it's not a good idea. Just take a look at Toyota.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
I duno, but it's not a good idea. Just take a look at Toyota.
you mean the amount of funds they dumped in to F1???

AvexTrax said:
its all about the technology and use it on daily basis
errr.. you are talking about a korean car manufacturer wor... never seen their cars with a lot of current gadgets and technologies... even a typical jap car has more electronic stuff in the car...

and not to speak of it's fuel consumption especially Hyundai somemore...

they have to retract fully from WRC somemore...

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
butthead, yes.

Hyundai FC did improve for the latest VVT engine.

Actually I'm not very sure how much electronic gadget in Hyundai car, but remember the VIOS VVT-i engine Toyota radio advertisement that they mention their VVT-i engine will automatically switch off the aircon when driver need extra power?

that feature Toyota emphasize lately already available in Hyundai Coupe model year 97.

PS: I dunno why others have the idea that Hyundai not good in FC, but my Coupe with 55 lit can run 580KM before I mod it.

PS: Hyundai Matrix is 1 good example of having bad FC.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
butthead, yes.

Hyundai FC did improve for the latest VVT engine.

Actually I'm not very sure how much electronic gadget in Hyundai car, but remember the VIOS VVT-i engine Toyota radio advertisement that they mention their VVT-i engine will automatically switch off the aircon when driver need extra power?

that feature Toyota emphasize lately already available in Hyundai Coupe model year 97.

PS: I dunno why others have the idea that Hyundai not good in FC, but my Coupe with 55 lit can run 580KM before I mod it.

PS: Hyundai Matrix is 1 good example of having bad FC.
ohhh... maybe i am wrong then...

err... is Hyundai Coupe brought in by Hyundai distributors of Malaysia... i am referring to those that are more common in the market like Getz, Atoz, Matrix, Elantra and Sonata.... other than the Sonata i have been in before if not driven all the others... err... fuel economy is not as good as i thought it would be...

i am used to driving small cars you see... but even the consumption of the Atoz scares me a bit...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
atoz is another hyundai car with bad FC (if you compare with car with similar class)
:biggrin:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hyundai involvement in F1 might make the brand more popular and thus increase sales. Moreover, South Korea plan to promote motorsport in the country.
I don't see the cons of Hyundai involvement in F1.
Can anyone list the cons?

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Daniel Lee said:
Hyundai involvement in F1 might make the brand more popular and thus increase sales. Moreover, South Korea plan to promote motorsport in the country.
I don't see the cons of Hyundai involvement in F1.
Can anyone list the cons?
errr... no cons... just that i think they are not that ready to be in F1 yet...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
They have another 3 years to prepare for the event and they can learn and gain experience when they join F1 like what Toyota did.
I respect those independant teams where they always start from zero.
If they keep purchasing other existing teams, the no. of participating teams in F1 won't grow.
I prefer to see more cars on the grid.
Just my 2 cents.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
If I am not mistaken hyundai made A1GP cars or i can say the A1GP cars are all Hyundai.

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
oh wow.then we will c more japan vs korea in motorsports. :shades_smile: i m bored with japan vs korea in football dy.so it would b great 2 c these 2 asian giant rivalries in different sports.lol. :rofl:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How bad was it in your area? My area now is very very bad. I can barely see anything clear over a few hundred meters away. Breathing on outdoors feels like inhaling smoke instead of oxygen. :frown:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience