Need sound proof material? How?

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
PLSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPP !!!!!!!!:adore::adore::adore::mad::mad::mad:

Hi to all sifu currently driving a milo tin Wira. I feel damn noisy when entering uneven road. im running with adjustable n i need sound proof material. I feel damn damn solid driving after putting up UR bars :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but the noise haisssshhhh terrible lah :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:...( JB, Bakar Batu n Permas road making me headache with traffic jam n uneven road )

i heard bout Dynamat xtreme or something that can reduce noise !! next is autofoam ( the disadvantage is difficult n not easy to reform the chassis ). but still i prefer autofoam coz it said to be invisible roll cage:adore:.

so for now want to put dynamat...anybody have try this...pls help me give the info n price. My location is JB ( any nearby shop can do this? ).

Haisshhh next is my dashboard is vibrate with rythm....dono why? wat is the solution sifu??? need to change my dashboard to lancer or wat??

sumtimes i feel like wan to cabut my interior n throw out. plsss do advice n give shop location around JB that i can do????? plssssssssss help.......terrible headache:mad::mad::mad::mad:

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
bro wat differen between superlon and dynamat???? whers ur location bro? im at JB....im searching untill now, still cant find. Bro how much for the whole car (Wira) include the door????

I really wan material to reduce sound

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
ermm i at kl, superlon is something quality like the ppl use to wrap the aircond hose, dynamat is a mat very thin. superlon abosrb high frequency sound, dynamat is absorb low frequency sound....superlon its selling 1 roll, but the dynamat was quite expensive. i will try get the photo for u..

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

superlon mostly u can see ppl use it on car bonnet.

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
OOOOO yah yah now i know the superlon. But how to put at 4 door n the whole car. How much ar the price???

How to buy it? u know any shop doing it in JB?

evermove

Jun 13, 2008
PLSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPP !!!!!!!!:adore::adore::adore::mad::mad::mad:

Hi to all sifu currently driving a milo tin Wira. I feel damn noisy when entering uneven road. im running with adjustable n i need sound proof material. I feel damn damn solid driving after putting up UR bars :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but the noise haisssshhhh terrible lah :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:...( JB, Bakar Batu n Permas road making me headache with traffic jam n uneven road )

i heard bout Dynamat xtreme or something that can reduce noise !! next is autofoam ( the disadvantage is difficult n not easy to reform the chassis ). but still i prefer autofoam coz it said to be invisible roll cage:adore:.

so for now want to put dynamat...anybody have try this...pls help me give the info n price. My location is JB ( any nearby shop can do this? ).

Haisshhh next is my dashboard is vibrate with rythm....dono why? wat is the solution sifu??? need to change my dashboard to lancer or wat??

sumtimes i feel like wan to cabut my interior n throw out. plsss do advice n give shop location around JB that i can do????? plssssssssss help.......terrible headache:mad::mad::mad::mad:
hi there, used superlon do your 4 door, front and rear wheel arch first.u will feel the different.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro smallmaster..

i am going to kl end of the month...coming back 2nd week november..im gonna be going around klang valley area looking for car things also....if you want you can find your item from any seller and i will get it for you if you can wait till november....

Jul 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro.. can i have your contact. i am at KL looking for superlon or insuflex. need to know the price and hope to get it ASAP. i also nned to know if you have plp to help fix Floor+4door+Engine bay+bonet+hood
please email your contact to [email protected]

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Branded sound proofing material such as dynamath is quite expensive.
If u wanna achieve significant noise reducment I suggest u to do it in one shoot. Full sections soundproofing, the floor, doors, bonnet, trunk, firewall etc. I think it can easyly goes thausand of buck doin this.
Me plann the samething as u. Still gathering those materials. Surveying here and there for best price. My budget hwever limited to 1K. that after excluding installation fee. Gonna doit DIY for cost saving.. Poor people like this lah.. What to do? Only afford 2 buy cheapo car with tornado inside when cruising 80kmj.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
dun have to buy branded stuff like dynamat also, you can look for local product, go check it out with sound accs shop... i did mine for around 2k for wira, thin mat used to eliminate vibration, and you need to apply one more layer sponge thingy to absorb the sound... btw my 2k is without the sponge thingy... sad, cos i dunno abt it last time, but i sprayed one layer mat under carriage also...

The result is significant, but you will ask for more, btw, even though after this stage, its still won't be as silence as in new jap/continental car... :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The man himself that blew the lid off the grassroots sport of gymkhana wasn’t actually present but the participants on hand did more than enough to fill in for Ken Block at the first round of the Cyberjaya Gykhana Challenge 2011, or Cyberkhana, as it came to be known...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience