How to get high pitched exhaust sound???

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Hey ZTH-ians. Im planning to change my exhaust piping system, but the thing is I dont want that Deeep loud noise like the one on a Subaru STi V8. No. I want a high pitched sound like an F1 or the LExus LFA perhaps. Can anybody out there help me?

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
hahah i wanted to put 2/3 like gila Lexus LF-A style. Would it still sound high pitched?? And any downside to this? like less power and etc?

ah-boy

Dec 2, 2006
downside?you neighbor will hate you & you friend might feeling embarrass while sitting in your car,everybody will stare at u wondering why is car sounds fast but in fact it's crawling on the street.

anyway,ppl are looking for performance by modding their exhaust.what are you looking for?attention?

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
High pitched sound you need a open pipe or straight pipe,short can & most important of all is the engine ability to rev to extend level of permitted rev.

The car normally rev around 7k-8k & that is why the 4 banger on car cant have the F1 sound like 4 banger on most big bike which is normally rev around 19k(250cc I4), 16.5K(600cc I4) & 13.5-to almost 15k(1000cc I4)

But straight pipe can produce loud sound without any good rythm & high pitched dB if the engine cant sustain high rev capability.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
downside?you neighbor will hate you & you friend might feeling embarrass while sitting in your car,everybody will stare at u wondering why is car sounds fast but in fact it's crawling on the street.

anyway,ppl are looking for performance by modding their exhaust.what are you looking for?attention?
hahah relax man, thats why i asked if theres a downside. I know that when you mod you intake and output system the cars power increase. So i wanted to know if i put a big muffler would the power output be different than putting 3 pipes? Please dont flame me, im a newbie in car community :)

btw i think my cars performance is quite bangin' ;). Not that fast but deffinately not crawling on the street man :). :burnout:. My friend/neighbours car is a saga with no mod except sports exhaust. its FREAKING LOUD but my community dont really care. hahah, Theres lambo,ferrari and an aston martin behind my house so i dont think my car would be a problem to neighbours :proud::proud::proud:

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

High pitched sound you need a open pipe or straight pipe,short can & most important of all is the engine ability to rev to extend level of permitted rev.

The car normally rev around 7k-8k & that is why the 4 banger on car cant have the F1 sound like 4 banger on most big bike which is normally rev around 19k(250cc I4), 16.5K(600cc I4) & 13.5-to almost 15k(1000cc I4)

But straight pipe can produce loud sound without any good rythm & high pitched dB if the engine cant sustain high rev capability.
Hey man thanks for the detailed info, this will help alot

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
use straight pipe wid 5zigen bordermax & N1 or spoon exhaust, that
used on honda's, damn freaking loud...

anyways, i like the sound of boxer engine.....has a burble kinda sound.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
use straight pipe wid 5zigen bordermax & N1 or spoon exhaust, that
used on honda's, damn freaking loud...

anyways, i like the sound of boxer engine.....has a burble kinda sound.
Hey bro, ive seen you around in the forums. An honor to ahve you comment on my thread :adore: . Ok so i go to the shop and ask for a Straight Pipe with 5Zigen Bordermax & Spoon/N1 exhaust?

jsut 1 question bro, would it cause a High Pitched noise like an LF-A or like a Subaru STi V8 ?

Thanks for the help:itsme::itsme:

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

try not using piping n exhaust. just the exhaust headers n out
Hey bro, thanks for the suggestion. Would the power output however increase? because right now my car has a single exhaust in the middle so i figured i had to change my piping if i wanted 2/3 exhausts in the middle. Right? Correct me if im wrong please, newbie here :bawling:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
starkiller...aiya dun say like that bro..im just helping u only...
but u will only get that high pitched sound if u using ori (japan) 5zigen bordermax/N1 or spoon...some call it trumpet exhaust......if from wai heng ones will only last for a while.

jsut 1 question bro, would it cause a High Pitched noise like an LF-A or like a Subaru STi V8 ?
**its the engine that produce the sound bro..70% engine, 30% exhaust.

u not only change to straight pipe, u also gotta change the extractor, either 4-1 or 4-2-1 wid tuned length.....for more power....

bro..u using satria neo ah?

5 zigen bordermax
http://www.mudah.my/li?ca=9_s&th=1&q=bordermax&cg=1060&w=3

N1 (apexi)
http://www.mudah.my/Apexi+Exhaust+N1+type-5554416.htm?last=1

spoon
http://www.mudah.my/Exhaust+muffler+spoon+trumpet-5804099.htm

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

try not using piping n exhaust. just the exhaust headers n out
ahahaha...can become kete perang.....:biggrin:
will be damn blardy loud....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

yeah its true..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no need muffler...

get a long header 4-1 or long 4-2-1....

and straight to the back of your car using minimum bend possible (in theory: use exactly straight pipe)

and the piping diameter....use smaller than original piping....(just a bit..not too small or u will risk chocking your engine) :biggrin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
How about a straight pipe but with a middle turn-down? :hmmmm: You can use the road + the surface of under your car as a natural amplifier but you cant lansi lansi the shiny muffler tip haha :burnout:

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
this may sound complicated, ..but does anyone tried using hermholtz resonantor to cancel out the low frequency sound wave? so only high pitch sound is heard..

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
used half exz... header to nenas and tabung tengah that all!!!!