Need some help here

Killerz

Known Member
Aug 6, 2006
www.teamswap.co.nr
Hi guys,im driving a 1.5 wira manual. After i convert my car to manual,my car have some problem.
Whenever i shift to 2nd gear a fast speed,i can hear a loud krrraak sound and the sound is like i shift gear without pressing the clutch. This also happen if i revved on 1st gear. What are the problems and how to solve it? Really frustrated

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Check your clutch cable, there must be some free play when you depress the clutch.

Do not adjust the clutch pedal position until there is no any free play left, although the clutch can grip very fast, it also mean the gap between clutch and flywheel are too near, when both metal head up, they will expend and touch each other, and you can't de-clutch any more.

This is very dangerous, I have seen a lot of young people doing this, racing mah.....:hmmmm:

Killerz

Known Member
Aug 6, 2006
www.teamswap.co.nr
My clutch is hydraulic type woh. I think not clutch problem since i don't have any problem with other gear,just 2nd gear.

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Oh-O.... that sound really bad, I "guess" may be the gear has broken...

Damage first and second gear is very common in local malaysia, better send your car to proton service center for check up, so no need to think too much ^_^

Don't worry, be happy ^_^

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Hmmmm... not sure bro, but better send it for check up.

Of course, service center should be better, because you do not know some Ah beng really did the job or not...:hmmmm:

Bump: For service center, they will give you a quotation list before start to repair.

Base on the quotation list, you can decide want to repair or not ^_^

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
Bro, maybe something in your gb has broken, last time i'm also face that...got change to gsr gb one..

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
the krak sound is the wear of synchro inside the gearbox, u have to open up the gearbox n change the synchro, if cant source out for synchro in sparepart shops , errrr either drive like that or change gearbox kekekeke

normal , synchro will wear if u shift gear harshly

Killerz

Known Member
Aug 6, 2006
www.teamswap.co.nr
the krak sound is the wear of synchro inside the gearbox, u have to open up the gearbox n change the synchro, if cant source out for synchro in sparepart shops , errrr either drive like that or change gearbox kekekeke

normal , synchro will wear if u shift gear harshly
wa change gearbox ah,no money lo.
last time auto gb kong d convert to manual already spend alot money
Bro, maybe something in your gb has broken, last time i'm also face that...got change to gsr gb one..
any idea around how much to change the syncros? i just need to change 2nd gear syncros right?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
ya...
better make it asap...
or else when the gear residue getting more, u will also spoil the others sync gear...in fact the gear will also affected...

I also the same prob...
Just change gear oil frequently!!!
Coz no have $$...just leave it 1st...

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
If there is no any incident on ur clutch & others sync gear, just ard 400 gua!!!
I guess...

The labour is expensive!!!
Ur f'man need to dismentle he GB layer by layer!!!

Good luck!!!:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
My friend's KE70 has been stolen last night from USJ1 industrial area
Some details of the car :-
Dark blue colour
Rear passenger's body is dented and has been sprayed black
Car is without muffler
Front spacer is 2" thick and orange in colour. Very obvious.
14" rims
car has Under5ive sticker.
Whoever has seen or has details of the car please contact 012-3739222 (ALAN)
Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience