need some help for 4g92 twincam upgrade.....

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if you plan to BOT then dun waste your budget on this kind of mod... BOT itself will bring enough power, even if you wanna upgrade after BOT you should go for aftermarket item which perform better than stock perdana item...

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
after i have change to BOT on the TB and IM also can be use back the perdana wat ??
need change again meh ??

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
What adjustable suit for my car .... my budget around 2k...
some ask me find GAB HAB hi/lo adjust series around RM1650
some ask me go for HWL hi/lo
some say go for TEIN good for all Y.Y
confuse now....
i am going 2 use it for high speed and cornering..... so which 1 suit me more....... advice thank you

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
What adjustable suit for my car .... my budget around 2k...
some ask me find GAB HAB hi/lo adjust series around RM1650
some ask me go for HWL hi/lo
some say go for TEIN good for all Y.Y
confuse now....
i am going 2 use it for high speed and cornering..... so which 1 suit me more....... advice thank you
if your budget 2k..better get japan adjustable...with hi low / soft hard.

at least can set for comfort and when you wanna play can put stiffer.

Japan Adjustables

Tein HA

you can check with them.got warranty.or you can go halfcut shops find also..like HKS,Cusco

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
if my budget is below 1.6k ??
just order the radio forgot to cut out so must lower down the budget haiz....
1.6k can get TEIN ?
is my car NA good to add on a SAFC ??
btw wat use of SAFC .....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
no need to add safc now to your car..its considered stock...now you get send for tuning = waste of $$$...get it once you bot..and send for tuning

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
can i add unichip 1st ??
after i bot on i just add on unichip turbo map and anti lag .....
will this worth ?

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
i dont think i am going 2 TURBO aready dude to..... i just BLOW my TOP part ....
1 week keep on water temp go up non stop then at then end DEAD ....
i have done TOP overhaul now .... and port and polish ..........
i have done
1)TOP overhaul
2)port and polish
3)4-2-1 after market
4)2.0inch piping
5)HKS intake
6)spark plug (NGK)
7)spark plug cable 9.8mm high performance cable
8)adjustable in aready
9)new 15inch tyre in aready also
so what is my next step for NA modding ....
i am NOT going to CHANGE MY GEARBOX or PUT IN HIGH CAM 1st ..... other then this 2 what can i still add to make the car faster FOR NA build...... pls give me those option is plug and play ......... thanks

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
if you dun wanna change high cam, not ready for BOT now, then can try on fuel management gadget, it will make the best out of your current set up with proper tuning...

i got myself a emanage, affordable, can bot on later stage... i know shit abt unichip except it can only be tuned by limited workshop with software... safc is old, can suit ur current need but won't help much after you bot... Or you wanna try PS powersport? : ) got a debate post abt it in engine management site... LOL

Some other plug and play option, you might wanna go for weight reducing for your ride, carbon fibre hood, bonnet, door... lightned racing seats, clear those garbage in ur cabin, it's helpful also...

Last edited:

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
oh ok .....
can tell me what is the different between e-manage and unichip ??
what is PS ? a new chip and add on my ECU or some thing like e-manage ?
some friend say PUT SAFC la can say REV mah ..... but SAFC and E-manage and unichip really different a lot ?? or is just the same is just different brand ?
is adjustable cam pulley good for me ?? i heard some say adjustable cam pulley is use to tune pick up or top speed is this true ?
about carbon fibre i dont think this is going to add on now dude to good carbon fiber hood need around 1-2k BEST quality .....

sorry ya NOOB just walk on to modify life XD

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
me also noob... : )

PS, emanage, unichip is all so called piggypack fuel management unit which help you to fine tune your air/fuel to produce better power, abt the spec pls google it cos i'm not not so sure, but emanage is widely used by people nowadays...

Adjustable cam pulley can help to adjust your prefered power range either pick up or top end, but actually the main puspose is assisting engine with hi cam installed, normal engine yes it helps but not much...

those 1/2k carbon fibre hood is actually tipu one, only one tiny layer carbon cover on top, inside is cheap fibre, real original carbon fibre cost a bomb actually...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dude... 8k is quite enough for quite a few options... But first of all, you got to decide to go NA or turbo... Because if not, the options are just too much!

For NA:

1. Ori engine, high duration cams, emanage and etc
2. MIVEC head swap
3. Whole MIVEC transplant
4. 4G93 DOHC Transplant
5. 4G93 with MIVEC head
6. Then play around with cams and fine tune intake and exhaust etc etc...

For BOT:

7. BOT current engine
8. MIVEC head swap then BOT
9. Transplant whole MIVEC then BOT
10. 4G93 block with MIVEC head then BOT
11. Transplant a 4G93T GSR engine
12. Transplant a 4G93T GSR engine then put MIVEC head + Emanage

Well, If all you are for is force, go for any of the BOT options. NA is fun but if you are a G force guy, forget the NA options because you will get tired fast. But the most reliable one is option 11. Since it comes stock with turbo and has good potential for future tune/upgrades. Save the trouble of changing many internal. No need to worry so much about reliability issues.

If you are a risk taker, take options 12 as it combines for you the superior G you want plus the screaming high MIVEC PRAAAANG! Need to get a good mech to do it though.

But since you mention that you are concerned with petrol and want the G force, maybe you should consider option 7, 9, or 10. Run it on low-boost. Low boost turbo give you nice G and known to give fuel economy benefits.... You cna PM "xtremeleo" for more details for BOT. He is the BOT sifu... haha...

If you are a NA and love whacking your engine and hear it scream... Just go option 3 and then slowly add on option 6.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can we pair the GSR intercooler with mirage bumper nicely? or it need major modification such as potong the bumper? i dont mind if they cut the inner part of the bumper. currently i'm using mitsu wagon bumper & it looks sucks coz the bumper doesn't fixed really well with our proton wira/satria/putra headlights & signals (got holes & gaps).

tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience