Need some detail about bose speakers

they are midrange speakers, but dunno from what car...

awh thanx zenn...definitely gonna get it...midrange is wat i needed instead of midbass..
..bose should be better than a new set of MTX component i guess...

not really, components will be better..at least u get a pair of tweeters with the midrange

i dont trust any oem car speakes, no matter what brand

1st they are not car audio experts
2nd oem suppliers always cut cost, have to be cheapest to win tender

well yeah u're rite zenn..definitely i need to get some tweeters for the bose speakers..

..wat u said is rite..oem speakers cut cost...

but then i dont think bose are oem car speakers...
...in fact bose doesnt produce lousy and cheap audio systems i believe...
....they r best in open space entertainment audio systems...they produced the smallest and loudest natural sound speakers...u can try visit some bose stores in the gardens...
...so i believe those speakers were specially produce for luxury car with a cost to sacrifice...
..i'm more into the brand perhaps...
...anyway thanx a lot for ur kind opinion...i might get a component instead...:hmmmm:

haha bose make expensive systems, but sound like crap, id spend my money elsewhere

next time theres a hifi show make sure u attend, usually at JW Marriot in august

Sorry to answer this so late guys, i've been quite busy lately...

Firstly, Bose don't sound like crap. they are an entry level premium brand of system that beats well off any japanese systems flat out. By saying "SYSTEMS" i mean complete integrated systems and not mixing and matching that you guys do poorly that makes the brand sound like crap. thats all on you. Or if bose really sound like crap, then its just personal preferences of the character of sound. some may not be as privileged as having the golden ear.

Of course if you mix and match you do get a better sound quality than an integrated system but these 2 variants of hifi or ICE can be what you will understand as ,"subjective".. due to the type of music each of you listen to, character and qualities of the source and music style. If you spent an insanely amount of money into research and production to come out with your own system, obviously you'd want to protect your creation and investments instead of letting other ppl mix n match it away right...

the reason why you shouldn't buy those speakers is because bose are pioneers in their integrated systems as you may have experienced with their home theatre systems and their powered 901's and 802 loud speakers. Aside from that, Car Audio for bose is very straight forward, they don't have aftermarket bose speakers for sale in shops for a reason and that reason is because of hifi junkies that don't know how to pair up these speakers as well as bose themselves.

By saying that, cars like RX-7, RX-8, Murano's, Porsche's, Fairladies just to name a few are equipped with their very own custom fine tuned bose system in every car as OEM. Mainly because bose has the expertise to measure precise cabin acoustics in each of the cars depending on dimensions, distances and materials used in the car. Million dollar equipments for accurate audio calibration makes every type of car unique in acoustics so that the bose system can satisfy most of the general listeners pleasurable and matched with the car makes and models.

Audi's comes with B&O systems, some cars i mentioned comes with Bose systems...what i can tell you is some ppl dont want to play ICE in their R8 or Murano's so they prefer to leave it as proprietary as possible for resale purposes but they have small demand in higher end hifi brands. Definitely not cost cutters.

Hifi brands as pioneers of the premium range have invested billions to research ways to put High-Fidelity in your car...yes, they aren't pioneers of Car Audio but hifi originated from home use speakers.

I speak of neutrality and of unbiased comments, should anyone feel offended, well sad to say you really deserved it. I don't side bose neither do I side brands. i just buy what i feel i like because end of the day, opinions are like assholes. everyone has one.

:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Anyway, Bose don't participate in the annual hifi convention in Marriott because they have already captured most of the market worldwide and is rated one of the best selling home solutions in U.S...so they don't really need the competition =)

are these the ones in fairlady 350z??...

Definitely not.. I'm really sure 200% not came frm 350z, either from Harrier or Mazda RX8.

Luxury car use Bang & Olufsen (B&O), Mark Levinson & Harmon Kardon sound system but it is optional & not as standard audio factory. Porsche Cayenne, Audi A6/A8 use BOSE as standard audio factory but ONLY Surround Sound System exclude Head Unit. A5 & R8 use Bang & Olufsen as standard audio factory.

If I'm mistaken only Subaru Legacy use Mcintosh Head Unit as standard audio factory.

BOSE audio system in Japanese car normaly like GEN.2 head unit + oem Clarion speaker very lowyaa one lerr, BOSE head unit very lousy and function just same as GEN.2 head unit nothing more. Others brand did not participate, not coz they dont have talent or expertise but due to much time to spend & cost running with low margin to build low quality product. Like U ask Aston Martin to build car same quality as our belove Proton. Do you think Aston Martin will make one difinitely NO. Why, their reputation or low margin is most important? Simple is it. I drove 350z & Harrier AirS & my big bos use Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. also I just paid deposit for Audi A4 Quatrro S-Line for my wife..

Last edited:
Hi all
I'm new to this forum and coming from a home hi-fi background. SQ is subjective and from my early days of listening to Bose speakers, my verdict is this: sound tends to veer towards American tastes (who like their music punchy and strong). They are impressive at initial auditions but tend to get tiring on the ears over a longer period. I noticed that their users are mainly fashion outlets, bars, cafes etc (ie commercial). M'sian home listeners tend to favour British speakers ie more mellow, sweet-sounding speakers and I am one of them. Just my humble opinion.

Actually I am also looking for new speakers to replace the OEM ones in my new car and I am looking at Dynaudio or Polk Audio. Any advice on these? Thanks.

haha bose make expensive systems, but sound like crap, id spend my money elsewhere

next time theres a hifi show make sure u attend, usually at JW Marriot in august

dynaudio sounds closer to their home counterpart, polk audio is not, quite average actually. dyns require a powerful amp, just like their home speakers. the only way to get around that is to play active (without passive xover) but u need an electronic xover and more amp channels

Funny that u shld mention the two. I m actually considering either Polk Audio or Dynaudio speakers for my new car. I hear PA is cheaper cos made in China but SQ is acceptable. hmm...

dynaudio sounds closer to their home counterpart, polk audio is not, quite average actually. dyns require a powerful amp, just like their home speakers. the only way to get around that is to play active (without passive xover) but u need an electronic xover and more amp channels

if u think china made SQ is acceptable then there are many other brands u can listen to first, but id recommend to stick to european brands, they have lower models for lower budgets, priced about the same as the branded china ones

Lots of US and European brands are now China-made. Eg Polk Audio, B&W, KEF, Acoustic Energy (Made in M'sia?), etc. They are all no good?

Back to car speakers, besides Dynaudio, what other European brands are recommended? Thks.

if u think china made SQ is acceptable then there are many other brands u can listen to first, but id recommend to stick to european brands, they have lower models for lower budgets, priced about the same as the branded china ones

yes not all are not good, in fact more car audio speakes are made in china now, even peerless & vifa

other european speaker brands are focal, morel, dls, rainbow, eton, peerless, vifa, etc..

my personal belief is "made in" where doesn;t exactly reflect how the product are good or bad. It's all depend on how much they invest in a good product. So made in where actually is just a simple say, don't take so much on it.

I would agree with that. It is inevitable for more n more branded stuff to be "Made in China". Even Audi, Volkswagen etc are starting to make some of their cars there. That doesn't make the products lousy.

my personal belief is "made in" where doesn;t exactly reflect how the product are good or bad. It's all depend on how much they invest in a good product. So made in where actually is just a simple say, don't take so much on it.

i had go to jw marriot for the home hifi, but disappointed me is there's too much good product without proper tuner or tech guy to make them good. ended up i enjoy my own car stereo.....

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

ps: fairlady bose do sucks big time......

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom