Need some comments from experienced one...

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
I would like to ask...if my budget is around RM4000...what should i do to my Toyota Seg ae101? I feel like changing 4ag engine..but which one?......hope to get some comments so tht i can get money from dad for my 21st bd... :P

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
4k can get you ae101 sc........or ae101 4age........but i suggest you to go 4agze..more bang to buck.........

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Suggest 20V 4AGE silvertop. But RM4000 is very hard to work around with. Expect a more realistic RM7000. Extra to iron out potential problems and replacement of work parts. :)

For more info, you really need to search this thread on transplants. Because many found it very very repetitive to go on about the same thing again. Else maybe you wan to drop by to official TTT (Toyota Teh Tarik) at Syed Ariff. Details can be read at this forum thread. :)

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
u got 4k go buy adjustable suspension... change ur bushes and perhaps upgrade ur antiroll bar. buy good quality tires (preferably uni directional threads).

THEN u work ur ass off, save up another 7k and buy any of the 4AG halfcuts u want, take the disc brakes front and rear (yes i purposely list this as the first thing u should do) and install them into ur car properly, overhaul them if necessary and invest in good brake pads. ONLY THEN do u put in the engine in with all the necessary wirings/accesories.

Why i never answer ur question properly? on purpose. u wanted opinion from someone experienced and since i dont care if my first impression to u is that of a braggard, i'd say i am pretty experienced, if not the most.

thats why due to my experienced answer, i will not tell u which 4AG to get. improve ur car's handling as a whole and stock up in ur driving control skills first. if u think u've enuff advanced skills at 21, id love to see u prove it.

unless u have done all that i have advised above, (which u may explain in ur next post hating me :lol:) i personally dont think u are ready to know which 4AG u want, and whether u should transplant at all. thats why ppl in here call me the newbie frightener... MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

in any case, take it from someone who has regretted and wasted a lot of cash doing transplants in the past. its ur choice if u only want to listen to those who say wat u want to hear. other repliers will gladly answer ur question, but in regards of experienced opinion, u got it from me first. enjoy ur toyota experience! :)

speedcrave

Known Member
Feb 20, 2004
Klang
Originally posted by AE80TypeD@Jan 13 2005, 16:26
u got 4k go buy adjustable suspension... change ur bushes and perhaps upgrade ur antiroll bar. buy good quality tires (preferably uni directional threads).

THEN u work ur ass off, save up another 7k and buy any of the 4AG halfcuts u want, take the disc brakes front and rear (yes i purposely list this as the first thing u should do) and install them into ur car properly, overhaul them if necessary and invest in good brake pads. ONLY THEN do u put in the engine in with all the necessary wirings/accesories.

Why i never answer ur question properly? on purpose. u wanted opinion from someone experienced and since i dont care if my first impression to u is that of a braggard, i'd say i am pretty experienced, if not the most.

thats why due to my experienced answer, i will not tell u which 4AG to get. improve ur car's handling as a whole and stock up in ur driving control skills first. if u think u've enuff advanced skills at 21, id love to see u prove it.

unless u have done all that i have advised above, (which u may explain in ur next post hating me :lol:) i personally dont think u are ready to know which 4AG u want, and whether u should transplant at all. thats why ppl in here call me the newbie frightener... MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

in any case, take it from someone who has regretted and wasted a lot of cash doing transplants in the past. its ur choice if u only want to listen to those who say wat u want to hear. other repliers will gladly answer ur question, but in regards of experienced opinion, u got it from me first. enjoy ur toyota experience! :)
WoW!!! rest my case....muahahahhaa

TauhuTauhu

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2004
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by AE80TypeD@Jan 13 2005, 16:26

hmmm, sounds like ah chin taiko <_<

ehh chin, u use khairul's account har?? :lol: :P :lol: :P

btw, wat khairul said is damn rite....but maybe not necessary oso, coz seg's stock body quite good liao....not like mine, old and rusty ke70....after transplant baru see all the problems :(

but anyway....RM4k is really too hard lah...

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
I agree with AE80TypeD ...prior to even thinking of a transplant, why not know your car well first by understanding its chracteristics as well as limitations...4 grand is a far cry from a budget for a transplant. Understand that I'm just saying that the money could be put to what I would deem as practical as opposed to a half past six tansplant that leaves you with a whole lot of problems and a miserable ride.

There is no hard and fast rule abt what you should do with the money, some people are into ICE, others bodykits, performance upgrades and meters and so many other things...it all depends on you.

I guess most of us here can say that we have made silly upgrades/purchases for our rides... <_< but we learned the hard way, you dont need to, well not so much anyway if you are willing to think the suggestions over. ;)

:)

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
AE101 body sure need less attention to rust etc. important thing for his more recent model car is to upgrade suspensions and handling parts then stock up on skills :D i never touched on any body related issues, just that he get replacement absorbers+springs (i said get adjustables and maybe upgrade antirollbar.. of coz i did mention bushes, bcoz they are wear n tear stuff. even if newer, the AE101 is still 10-8 yrs old.)

Why? BCOZ ACOUSTIC SEZ SO!!! :lol:

u're 1/2 rite, these are chin's lesson to any newbie. but he not using my account. he tot me one :lol: hahaha

giv'im a HELL YEAH!

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
Totally sokong Master D's point! :D

coz he wanted some experienced answer, this is what we have to offer lah. i wasted a lot of time and cash doing 2 times transplant bcoz i was too eager and didnt bother to stock up on KNOWLEDGE before thinking abt transplanting engines.

if i had taken the time to study abt cars and engines a bit more before i actually bought the halfcuts and know by myself what to do and NOT to do, i wouldnt have had to go thru 2 bloody conversions and 20,000 bloody ringgits to get a decent stock 4AGE running well...

these days, u NEVER, EVER leave everything to the mechanic without u urself knowing abt all the parts/engine functions n car characteristics. unless u dun care abt money and can afford the best services AND dun mind spending downtime troubleshooting following problems after transplant... most of my wasted money went to those; post-transplant problems.. nightmare i tell u :o

oh ya hahaha HAPPY BIRTHDAY too... but as disappointing as my 'present' sounds to u... u will do urself a favor by giving urself a set of good adjustable suspension first before the main course - a bloody old, slow & problematic used 4AGE :lol:

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
emmm so free to type long2 post???emmmmmmm :D :D :P

*forgot to taruk emoticon..........so people think i lanci :) *

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
emmmm abng pakai apa adj haa???what best to use for my car??? LE ..very old engine??

:):):)

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
today no class :lol: sit at home and make love to the pc lor :lol: hahah

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
wakakakkakak knn ccb just bcoz i havent got moolah to buy good adj yet doesnt mean i cannot advise other ppl to buy first la tiu!!! :lol: :lol:

zul sifu manyak kejam! :lol:

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by GT20v@Jan 13 2005, 17:31
emmm so free to type long2 post???emmmmmmm
at least people willing to share their experience wat .. why you complaining <_< :blink: :P :D :lol:

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
alamak.. all the big2 sifu come oledy... kantoi liao me.. at first can act big2 taiko like senior.. now GT20v and Yolk sifu and Master D sudah join... habis liao kena rotan tiu kow2 :ph34r:

*CABUT!* :lol:

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
muahahha relax ler yolk..........kacau the sifu ae80 only ler........
i got some many nasty xp.........im sure u also got...........hehhe nanti people discourage to do up engine.........

so my advise........learn as much as you can.........try to look back at 2004 how many knowledge you gain in 1 year.......if u ask me.......emm the increase has decline sharply hehehhehehe :D

but suspension is a must even for stock ride...

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
GT20v Posted on Jan 13 2005, 17:50 
  muahahha relax ler yolk..........kacau the sifu ae80 only ler........
i got some many nasty xp.........im sure u also got...........hehhe nanti people discourage to do up engine.........

so my advise........learn as much as you can.........try to look back at 2004 how many knowledge you gain in 1 year.......if u ask me.......emm the increase has decline sharply hehehhehehe 

but suspension is a must even for stock ride... 
:D Now Zul getting philosophical.....eh Sifoo Zul.....you go on like this all of us here gonna get confused le!!!!!!!!

Funny how we all get so "worked up" when we talk abt all the time, money and efforts wasted for all the bad experiences we have had ar.....banyak duit hilang wei..... :lol: :D :P B) :rolleyes:

But ultimately, engine kena tukar....just a matter of doing all of it in the right chronological order! :D

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Wow woW...i got many replies! Cant imagine i can get so many taiko's reply in such a short time.
Hm..firstly..im still a student in Taylors College...old age still in college...sux! I cant earn money for further modification as im still studying. Actually now im drving tht stupid old honda typeZ..tht corolla is my dad's!
Let me reply AE80TypeD taiko first...Hm...actually im also agree with wat u r advising me..but for the driving skill..i think noneed la..coz im also not going to RACE...rite? not like u taikos go in sepang or wat.haha....

ABout the rm4k..still not confirm can get it..im still considering what can i do wit tht SEG and i try to ask tht for my 21st bd. My dad told me tht he wanna change engine coz u know wat..my car is 12 years old!

I do hope i can follow wat AE80TypeD advice me...but it is hard to convince my dad to waste $ for suspension.. And one more thing..can u let me know how much will it cause for changing suspension n antiroll bar all those stuff ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys!

This happened to me about a month plus ago. I was working late in the office at Dataran Sunway. It was 3am plus so i thought i just sleep over which is what i always do. I got a call at about 7 plus from a guy who says he is the area's security. He told me my car has been broken into. I rushed out to see my passenger side glass has been shatered. My HU, Amps, woofer, speakers Smart tag, Engine management, boost controller, Defi meter & controller & even the farker took the time to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience