need sifu help!

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
hi to all experts here, i need some help.. i'm new about car. i having one Gti 03 and i want to turbo it but i don't want spent it too much money on to it. i don't want convert my engine to evo or vr4 cause it will cost me high. i heard stock GSR 4g93t turbo only can boost 0.5 bar, is it real? i know that one person want to selling his GSR turbo kit ( turbin td04, piping turbo complete, blow off, gs intercooler, manifold turbo and complete exhaust 2.5 inches) around RM$1200. should i buy it from him? I just want my car have turbo and enjoy the turbo only, i'm not fast driver. but i feel 0.5 bar is too low. my car work shop ask me to change my stock valve head to mivec valve head and lighten my flywheel. is it can increase more power to my engine? is it only one way i can having turbo in my car with stock GSR turbo kit? can all experts here teach me how can i get the turbo in my car without spend alot of money.

u mean bolt on turbo kit for ur 4g93p gti??..... if u plan to boost vr high, go for a proper turbo engine la... normal engine cannot cope with such high boost... reliability issue will come in later....
since ur car is already gti, why not save up a bit more and get vr4... its a powerful 2.0L turbo engine... reliability isnt an issue for vr4 as the block is pretty solid....

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
u mean bolt on turbo kit for ur 4g93p gti??..... if u plan to boost vr high, go for a proper turbo engine la... normal engine cannot cope with such high boost... reliability issue will come in later....
since ur car is already gti, why not save up a bit more and get vr4... its a powerful 2.0L turbo engine... reliability isnt an issue for vr4 as the block is pretty solid....
ya, juz bolt on! i oso wan to convert to evo3 or vr4 but very expensive!! and my gti engine still new, i oni run it 36000km.. very waste if i change engine and i must sell this engine out before i get the evo3 or vr4. problem is how much money i can get after sold out my stock gti engine? i'm not quiet like use the new one change the old one.. the vr4 engine is more ten years liao leh... if i sell my stock engine i still have to TAMBAH money to get the old vr4 engine.. ketsim leh.. mana boleh!!
so should i buy the gsr turbo kit from that guy? if i want to buy gsr turbo kit how much cheapest i can get in market now? of course want that turbo kit in good condition wan la! please help me!!

Webber BoY

Dec 5, 2005
Td 04 - RM 300
B.O.V - RM 50
I/C - 100
i/c piping - 50
turbo gsr manifold - RM 100

U need GSR ECU (7737) as well cost around 6++!!(important)
GSR oil sump or u can drill your original oil sump...
your head need the water liner or u can change GSR block and piston if u don't want , u can buy metal head gasket 1.5mm for low compresion
2.5" piping u can get from half cut for muffler and go piping shop to make down pipe with flex'i...

This is my 2cent bro!!!haha...can play 0.7!!!mau cantik lagi, buy SQV..shiung~!!hehe...not nit put the big i/cooler baru rock bro!!hide it so somebody cucuk u, after that tekan la, tunggu apa lagi??chow...

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Webber BoY said:
Td 04 - RM 300
B.O.V - RM 50
I/C - 100
i/c piping - 50
turbo gsr manifold - RM 100

U need GSR ECU (7737) as well cost around 6++!!(important)
GSR oil sump or u can drill your original oil sump...
your head need the water liner or u can change GSR block and piston if u don't want , u can buy metal head gasket 1.5mm for low compresion
2.5" piping u can get from half cut for muffler and go piping shop to make down pipe with flex'i...

This is my 2cent bro!!!haha...can play 0.7!!!mau cantik lagi, buy SQV..shiung~!!hehe...not nit put the big i/cooler baru rock bro!!hide it so somebody cucuk u, after that tekan la, tunggu apa lagi??chow...
so u mean ur car don't need intercooler?! Walau! Keng! hahaha... :regular_smile:
but where can i get those items in penang chop shop??? especially GSR ECU (7737).... :cry_smile:
webber boy, is it i only need to buy td04, b.o.v, intercooler, intercooler piping, turbo gsr intake manifold, gsr ecu 7737, gsr oil sump, gsr block and piston, metal gasket 1.5mm and 2.5" piping? :_:

Webber BoY

Dec 5, 2005
Johnny Glax said:
so u mean ur car don't need intercooler?! Walau! Keng! hahaha... :regular_smile:
but where can i get those items in penang chop shop??? especially GSR ECU (7737).... :cry_smile:
webber boy, is it i only need to buy td04, b.o.v, intercooler, intercooler piping, turbo gsr intake manifold, gsr ecu 7737, gsr oil sump, gsr block and piston, metal gasket 1.5mm and 2.5" piping? :_:

use the original I/C GSR,the smaller want!!piping u can do at bkt tgh there,cheap also coz my collegue also go there!!me also from png bkt mertajam but i'm working at kl!!anyway when i blk kpg we can go TT la...GSR ecu u can get from Black gsr in the forum!!

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
If you want force induction i suggest u get a supercharget kit.. it would be much simpler.. where else for a turbo is more complicating for now.. and the installation would require a longer time.. visit the force induction tread

Webber BoY

Dec 5, 2005
Dino@Casper said:
If you want force induction i suggest u get a supercharget kit.. it would be much simpler.. where else for a turbo is more complicating for now.. and the installation would require a longer time.. visit the force induction tread
agree with u bro!!my frenz also supercharge gti engine. so fast also,i sit behind like to fly oledi..can fight with evo ang 4G93T!!join us ar on this friday TT!got all mods gti there....

Johnny Glax : lupa lah,1 more thing it's a injector 390 GSR turbo, u can get 100 - 150(or cheper than that)

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Webber BoY said:
use the original I/C GSR,the smaller want!!piping u can do at bkt tgh there,cheap also coz my collegue also go there!!me also from png bkt mertajam but i'm working at kl!!anyway when i blk kpg we can go TT la...GSR ecu u can get from Black gsr in the forum!!
u oso from png?:regular_smile: hahaha... :_: when u come back to home town we go yamcha, ok? my :phone: number: 012-4426028

but how can i find black gsr in the forum???

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Dino@Casper said:
oh?:Not_Impressed: but supercharger how much?:emoticon_U:

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Webber BoY said:
agree with u bro!!my frenz also supercharge gti engine. so fast also,i sit behind like to fly oledi..can fight with evo ang 4G93T!!join us ar on this friday TT!got all mods gti there....

Johnny Glax : lupa lah,1 more thing it's a injector 390 GSR turbo, u can get 100 - 150(or cheper than that)
oh?:X-: your friend's supercharger can fight with 4g93t?:regular_smile: may i know how much your friend's supercharger cost?:Not_Impressed: need intercooler?:_:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Told u to visit the force induction sub forum.. there u have a review on 1.8 GTI.. maximum horsepower from a Supercharge GTI would be less than a 4G93T, but one thing is for sure.. there isn't much lag.. so u should enjoy driving the car..

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Dino@Casper said:
Told u to visit the force induction sub forum.. there u have a review on 1.8 GTI.. maximum horsepower from a Supercharge GTI would be less than a 4G93T, but one thing is for sure.. there isn't much lag.. so u should enjoy driving the car..
:emoticon_U: sound like great but need RM6000!!! no money!!!:cry_smile:

Fluffy

May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
go with the GSR bolt-on.if i had 6k i would go for the SC.torque.oh yeah...

.5bar is enuf.u urself said ur not a hard-driver..

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Dino@Casper said:
dino@casper, i already said i don't want spend alot of money to modify. now u ask me to supercharged and u don't know that supercharger need RM 6000 wan meh???!!! mana boleh!!!:_:

anyway very "sie sie" ur "hao yi". (chinese)

Webber BoY

Dec 5, 2005
Johnny Glax said:
oh?:X-: your friend's supercharger can fight with 4g93t?:regular_smile: may i know how much your friend's supercharger cost?:Not_Impressed: need intercooler?:_:
not nit la bro...anyway me its aboy 012-4165344!!u got money u can go supercharge,u can ask tombstone!!u try to visit, proton/perdua in gti headcount post by mizi!!

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Webber BoY said:
not nit la bro...anyway me its aboy 012-4165344!!u got money u can go supercharge,u can ask tombstone!!u try to visit, proton/perdua in gti headcount post by mizi!!
:elefant: aboy:questionmark: very sorry i really no understand wat u said :questionmark::hmmmm2: :confused: who is tombstone:questionmark::emoticon_U: :sarcastic:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
supercharger one proper devolop kit for ur car mah.. and boosting at .7 bar.. syokness.. sometimes spend abit more.. better.. some more if u do bolt on for ur car.. u need a more experince mechanic.. for the SC kit they have done dozen.. so should be okay

Webber BoY

Dec 5, 2005
Johnny Glax said:
:elefant: aboy:questionmark: very sorry i really no understand wat u said :questionmark::hmmmm2: :confused: who is tombstone:questionmark::emoticon_U: :sarcastic:
tomstone is my collegue,his SC his car,please visit our group at gti head count post by mizi under proton/perodua!last weekend,one of my collegue has done bolt on turbo in GTI engine,it's so amazing that his car can get 177 HP on wheel. u can join the forom, u introduce yourself la,u mention that u r webber boy frenz!!my collegue so humble & polite,they can help u!!!if u really2 want BOT your machine,i'll help u to get a stuff, don't malu2 la 2 call me!we r frenz rite,really miss my kampung la!!we can lepak la kat gurney drive soon,where your location la bro??

Johnny Glax

Nov 26, 2005
Webber BoY said:
tomstone is my collegue,his SC his car,please visit our group at gti head count post by mizi under proton/perodua!last weekend,one of my collegue has done bolt on turbo in GTI engine,it's so amazing that his car can get 177 HP on wheel. u can join the forom, u introduce yourself la,u mention that u r webber boy frenz!!my collegue so humble & polite,they can help u!!!if u really2 want BOT your machine,i'll help u to get a stuff, don't malu2 la 2 call me!we r frenz rite,really miss my kampung la!!we can lepak la kat gurney drive soon,where your location la bro??
:cry_smile: very sorry webber boy.. that day you called me but i'm busy that moment. i calling back to you after that but your office girl ask me who i want to call, but me don't know your real name leh!!! i only know you called webber boy!!:emoticon_U:
nevermind liao la, gsr turbo all people said bo song wan.. then ask me to change evo3 engine but that half cut evo3 need 8k!!!:confused_smile: walaueh!!! wa mana got so much $$$!!!! some more add man work around need 10k loo!!! wa!!! beh tahan!!
so i asked my mechanic if i only want change mivec head how much, he said need 4k!!! walaueh!! really need 4k bo???:confused_smile:
i forgot you have give me your :phone: number to me or not. can you give me your :phone: number by sms?
if you come back to penang, call me la!:_: we can meet at gurney drive.:regular_smile:

Hi guys, currently I'm looking at a 2015 W176 A250 with a 70K+ mileage, would like to have some opinions on the car. Any common issue or major issue in the future for this M270 engine need to look out for ? Or should I get a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC with the same amount of price ? Pls advice... :adore:

I know some of you would say, might as well get the A45 instead... but for me... budget is the main issue :joycat: