Need Opinion on Alarm .....

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
Hey guy any good alarm for MPV ???
need shock,brake in,tow and bla bla ...

i need a good alarm cause i always simply park my car .....
thanks

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
CV audio is selling a Gsm based alarm system for rm2000, u can give direct instruction to your car via sms without going thru 3rd party like captor, this is direct apparoach, u can direct the car alarm to do as follow like cut fuel, car condition, listen to inside car condition or talk to the hijack fella, or you just wanna check the exact location of your car.

One of the advantage of the system over 2 way alarm is as long as there is satelite coverage u will receive your car signal. So u can imagine how big the converage can be.

The only downside bout this system is when there is no satelite signal, it will act like normal 1 way alarm. :smile:

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Tohsan said:
CV audio is selling a Gsm based alarm system for rm2000, u can give direct instruction to your car via sms without going thru 3rd party like captor, this is direct apparoach, u can direct the car alarm to do as follow like cut fuel, car condition, listen to inside car condition or talk to the hijack fella, or you just wanna check the exact location of your car.

One of the advantage of the system over 2 way alarm is as long as there is satelite coverage u will receive your car signal. So u can imagine how big the converage can be.

The only downside bout this system is when there is no satelite signal, it will act like normal 1 way alarm. :smile:
GSM using satellites?? :D :D GSM based alarms are using SIM card wan, so it uses Telecomm towers. If got line then ok, if no line, too bad. But RM2,000 does sound attractive. Viper 791XV is about RM2,500 with installation i think.

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
Some one offer me Captor for around RM 2200 include installation ....
u think worth it ar ???

CV audio ??? what brand where can view ???
thanlks

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
HidSeller said:
Some one offer me Captor for around RM 2200 include installation ....
u think worth it ar ???

CV audio ??? what brand where can view ???
thanlks
GSM based alarm that i suggest don need to go thru 3rd party like Captor n also no need to pay extra subscription for service given,u give direct instruction to your car alarm system n faster, rather than depend on Captor people,btw Captor are very slow n depend on satelite also.

Any Cv Audio also have it, u can call Cv Audio Ampang Jacky 012-206 3498,just mention Toh recommend u. :smile:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
trex92 said:
GSM using satellites?? :D :D GSM based alarms are using SIM card wan, so it uses Telecomm towers. If got line then ok, if no line, too bad. But RM2,000 does sound attractive. Viper 791XV is about RM2,500 with installation i think.
Alternatively, he can go for good brand like 2 ways pager alarm like Boomerang Alpha RM1600 which is cheaper compare viper or clifford brand,but all this to me is consider almost outdate as more high tech 2 ways alarms i think is on the way which is Gsm based also i heard. :smile:

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Just would like to share my experience with GSM alarm that I tested.

With regards to making call to GSM alarm to cut off fuel supply, please test this feature and make sure it works. The one i tested did not work. Only the siren sounded and engine still running.

Also, usually with GSM alarm, if you lock the car through phone call to the alarm system you can only unlock by making a call to the system. You can't lock with phone call and unlock with remote vice versa.

With regards to locating the car, it will only tell which telecomm tower. Basically its friend finder service

Lastly, do consider that there'll be cost associated with keeping the sim card active.

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
Never tested any GSM based system before so donno how to comment on that but so far im very satisfied with Captor's response time.. I tend to "accidentally" trigger the alarm at least once a month just to check how long it takes for them to respond.. best response was less than 5 minutes and worst so far was about 15 minutes.

Somehow the rm150 annual fee is justified as it gives me peace of mind with regard to the car getting towed. If you got cash to burn.. invest on good 2 way alarm, tracking systems, steering lock, security films etc. (sound a littlle phobia coz my putra was stolen last year even though i had the oe alarm and built in gear lock)

The hassle of filing for insurance claim is a bitch and something you guys wouldnt want to go thru.. but heck if those thieves are determined.. then lets just say shit happens..

just my 2 cents..

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
NoName said:
Just would like to share my experience with GSM alarm that I tested.

With regards to making call to GSM alarm to cut off fuel supply, please test this feature and make sure it works. The one i tested did not work. Only the siren sounded and engine still running.

Also, usually with GSM alarm, if you lock the car through phone call to the alarm system you can only unlock by making a call to the system. You can't lock with phone call and unlock with remote vice versa.

With regards to locating the car, it will only tell which telecomm tower. Basically its friend finder service

Lastly, do consider that there'll be cost associated with keeping the sim card active.
But my car not in ur list ......
Do it come with auto lock ??? will it conflict with my build in Immor ????

thanks

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
HidSeller said:
But my car not in ur list ......
Do it come with auto lock ??? will it conflict with my build in Immor ????

thanks
Hi HidSeller,

Please don't take my post here as trying to sell you radiostar 2-way alarm. In my opinion, 2-way alarm and GSM alarm are for 2 very different segments of alarm users. Both have their pros and cons. It depends on what feature is most important to the user as well as budget. I just want to share my opinion on GSM alarm.

However, if you'd like to find out more about radiostar please feel free to visit our merchant forum or contact us.

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Radiostar gives us R3 owners our sleep back....but simply parking here and there is still a no no.....ripping parts of the car happends in less than 10 minutes

no im not trynig to sell u radiostar just a satisfied customer who cant even touch,go near or let my cat sit on the car at times lol

znick1

Sep 12, 2005
PJ
how about the cheetah card system?heard that the it will cut down all the car power after a short period if it not censor with a card.but again if someone tow away the car any security alarm also doesn work....

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
znick1 said:
but again if someone tow away the car any security alarm also doesn work....
according to captor.. if it is not disarmed and the car starts moving (i.e towed etc) they should be able to detect it and notify the owner..

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
I will be getting my Radiostar on Monday afternoon installed, today had a demo, looks good to me for the price its offered at.

Will give my review on it on Tuesday.

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..it seems like i'm having a problem with my gearbox..there's a sound of "ktak ktak ktak ktak" sounds coming from the gearbox..can hear it inside my car..but when i press the clutch,the sound is gone..

plus when i'm accelerating,the noise can be heard..same when the car is idle..i'm using waja manual..pls help as this is driving me crazy..im afraid the gearbox will kaput..:adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience