Need Help Here

eric_ho20

Nov 23, 2004
ello guys ...

currently im driving a stock 1.5 wira . hmm , i wanna make my baby more power ler . can any sifu here teach me wat to do on dis poor lil carb engine . btw , im still a student ... so no point askin me to go for engine transplant coz im financially tight now . currently these r few things in my mind where im gonna change ...

Engine :
simota open pod air filter , bosch super4 spark plugs , new set of spark plugs cable

Exhaust System :
4-2-1 extractor , straight flow piping + 1x bullet + muffler

Suspension :
Lowering springs combo wit stock absorbers

hmm , correct me if im wrong k . hope sifu sifu here can help me la :D :D

thanks ...

night_stalker

Mar 24, 2005
Hi eric, we r kakilang from ipoh. hehe i'm driving a wira 1.5 carb also.

This is wat i had change

Engine:
1.8 super touring flywheel (for better pick up), 1.8 exedy clutch set, ultra racing 4 point front strut bar (U should get this)

Exhaust System:
4-2-1 rimus extractor, bullet, straight 1.78' piping and a vtec muffler

Suspension:
Kimex Spring with stock absorbers

Others:
15 inch sport rim
body kit

If u plan for more pick up change the flywheel. Get the flywheel from any chop shop only cost 100++ then change ur clucth pad to 1.8. U can eat waja for this.

fstr

Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
ericho, i think u have done the max of how to mod ur car.

piping shud put 2' ori route...try and see :D

voon

Nov 28, 2003
what about 1.5 wira fuel inj ? can do the same thing too ??

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
voon...ya..u can do the same thing also...

4 started..getting a good 4-2-1 xtractor is important....so get urself a good 1...avoid those chap ayam...
wel...i think 2" piping 4 4g15 is too much...i think the max u should opt 4 is 1.8"

about the flywheel...changing 2 a bigger flywheel means heavier...so y increase more power?u have 2 lightened it a bit...lightened it 2 the same weight of ur 4g15 flywheel n feel the diff...

voon

Nov 28, 2003
Yong,

good extractor means those from hotbits, remus ?? Can i keep my stock pipe ( 1.7" ) ? Need to change muffler too ?

Air filter ? drop in or open pod ??

Where to get flywheel ? How i know it match my 4g15 ? Cost ??

Thanx... btw, how's ur 4g91 ?? Good ?? In my planning too....but wait until i move to KL site first.

cipan_supercas

Feb 4, 2004
www.draxecu.com
heard of weber carb?

never heard of it?wut? people said weber is a lousy thing? huh?

come to carburetor section... u'll see how to get the pure power rather than "who bought the MOST EXPENSIVE spark plug"....bla bla bla....

eric_ho20

Nov 23, 2004
morning guyz ...

wah din noe got so many respond huh ... :) :)

night_stalker :
haha , kakilang fr ip ... dun forget dat im once a Inti Coll student wor . btw , thankz for ur info ler :D :D

toriton :
supercharger ?? wah , bro im in tight budget ler ... cant afford all these stuffs ler . neway , thankz alot la :) :)

fstrader :
hmm , dis r da mods im goin to do it on my baby ler . based on ur statement , is it dis da max dat i can do on my car ?? :unsure: :unsure:

yong_5290 :
thankz for ur info dude , neway ... i learned alot liao coz im still a beginner in car modding world ;) ;)

thankz guyz ...

cheer-Zz ...

malyadayada

Oct 28, 2004
i used this engine b4, modd it nearly to the maxx....
Port n Polish, change the clutch cover to 1.6 modd the flywheel n skimmed it...
modd the carb a bit...playin wit the minjet....jetting...
full modd of the carb u can play wit 1.6 DOHC n petrol guzzin like mad...
ask cipan about my old engine bcoz we test machine it quite some ime ago....

didnt use open pod thingy...

cipan_supercas

Feb 4, 2004
www.draxecu.com
yup..

i can confirm that is true...

its depend on how u mod..rather than spending ur money on sumthing ridiculous thing...(i know la..ur money..so u can buy anything)...but then..spending on a thing that just give the power of LOOK...is nothing....

there r so many products out there...be carefull in selecting which gives the most and not....

fstr

Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
Originally posted by cipan_supercas@Apr 12 2005, 19:41
heard of weber carb?

never heard of it?wut? people said weber is a lousy thing? huh?

come to carburetor section... u'll see how to get the pure power rather than "who bought the MOST EXPENSIVE spark plug"....bla bla bla....
[snapback]890996[/snapback]​

ahahahahahha....my plug cheap one bai :D

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
voon...sure u can keep u 1.75 stock piping...

i can just go 2 any chop shop n ask them 4 1.6 super touring flywheel...then c if can get MMC clutch cover n the clutch also

SEG86

Mar 26, 2005
KEPONG
AIYA still student ..
y make kau kau to the car le
keep it .. study smart .. look 4 a good job earn money
1 time 4 all
1 peice kau kau engine
or a letest fatest car lo
thhose money now day hard to earn la
ur car can drive meh
keep on drive

voon

Nov 28, 2003
yong.... thanx a lot lah. Consult u next time when doing other mods.

SEG86.....when i was a student, i am so poor that can not afford even an old motorcycle, luckily my father manage to get me a 2nd hand C80 Yamaha for me to go around until i finished my uni. Now i work...average pay, mod kau kau still have to think twice. Ya, its a hard earn money.

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
seg86...tat is y we recon them wat 2 buy 2 'improve' the stock engine...

all ppl power hungry 1...even if uncle u giv em a Bimmer 318 n 325 they sure choose 325 rite...

Voon...changing the flywheel is a cheap n effective way 2 improve ur torque n feel more pick up...wats the use of top speed unless u travels a lot in the highway

eric_ho20

Nov 23, 2004
hello guyz ...

malyadayada :
hmm , tell me more how u mod ur stock engine to da max la . kinda curious leh :huh: :huh:

cipan_supercas :
bro , i und dat good look wit stock engine is useless la . well , im more to both exterior n interior ... not left out ICE too . i mod my car to make it more power than stock n not modding it for racing purpose . i wan ppl to admire my car n not to ajak me go race ler . illegal racing is a big NO to me man ... dun k ppl say i chicken or watsoever , to me ... life is important . neway , thankz for ur advise bro . haha , dah macam essay la ni :D :D

SEG86 :
bro , student still can mod their cars ma . well , some can go for engine transplant n i cant n dat doesnt stop me fr modding my car rite ?? im interest in cars n juz wanna make my car stronger than it is . haha , yea man ... study smart !! hmm , i noe money is hard to earn but diff ppl hav diff hobby rite ?? i bet u also like sumting so much until ull spend lotsa money on it ... thankz ;) ;)

Yong_5290 :
haha , thankz for ur recommendation man :lol: :lol:

cheers ...

voon

Nov 28, 2003
Yong u are rite...most uncle 'race' also. For me most guys are car craze, no matter who u are. Cars and Man are in-separable, everybody is talking about hp, 0-100 how many second....big boys big toy !!

Yong-- i now plan to change my air filter and exhaust first...hopefully next week can be done, i am going for the good one like hotbits extractor and K&N drop in. For flywheel, i am a bit worried...dun know where to get it done, can't trust any mechanic around my area. Chop-shop also limited here. But, if got chance sure grab it !! BTW, how much do i expect to spend for super touring flywheel ?

Eric Ho--- i am like u too lah....just mod car because like it. Race is big NO NO. I got a family to take care !! Happy modding man, maybe we can share our experience in modding our NA next time, what do u think ??!!

eric_ho20

Nov 23, 2004
hello ...

voon :
yea u r rite ?? hmm , u got a family to take care off huh . well , i dunwan my parents to worry bout me 24hrs ... hehe !! so , i wont involve myself into any illegal racing :) :)

share experience huh ?? of course man , i need more lessons on modding a N/A 4G15 ler :D :D

happy modding ya :lol: :lol:

verticalimit

Mar 27, 2005
get yourself a cam n adjustable campulley thats make a whole lot of different. campulley around rm 200++ cam if u r lucky got people sell off maybe u can get below rm400 like my friends did. he put it in his wira the power so nice even exhaust standard :D

My car just got broken in by bloody thief yesterday night. I am still wondering how they actually got into my condo area. We have like guards 24 hrs and my car is parked near to the guard.

If anyone staying in Casa puteri condominium please becareful. If possible pls detached your CD player at night so the chances are lower of getting breaks in.
But surprisingly, 3 cars was affected and all of them are Wiras.

I don't know la...the way they take my stuffs...if wanna take, take la...