Need advise on suitable turbo for my E3 engine..

jegvd

1,500 RPM
hi all,

im planning to upgrade my current standard E3 TD05 turbine on my EVO 3 engine. plan to boost higher and my target hp is 450hp-480hp.kindly advise the suitable turbine to achieve the targeted HP:

My engine spec:

1. HKS 272 high cam both intake and exhaust
2. 1.5mm metal gasket
3. 87mm nissan fairlady pistons
4. Walbro fuel pump.
5. Adjustable cam pulley
6. HKS external wastegate
7. E-manage with turbo module

*currently with this setting, boosting at 1.3bar, im getting 374hp at engine.

Last edited:
depends totally on budget , in tht hp range

1. Garrett t3/t4 60Trim
2. Garrett t3/t4 60-1
3. Holset HX35
4. Borgwarner S258
5. Forced Performance Red
6. GT3076

im planning to get a banana and t3/t4 turbine, im running evo4 engine with basic mod, filter, ss intercooler piping, tial wastegate and afc neo...should i mod more before changing the turbine? like cams and all? how do u differentiate a turbine that produce more torque then hp? thanks guy, sifu2 tolong...

im planning to get a banana and t3/t4 turbine, im running evo4 engine with basic mod, filter, ss intercooler piping, tial wastegate and afc neo...should i mod more before changing the turbine? like cams and all? how do u differentiate a turbine that produce more torque then hp? thanks guy, sifu2 tolong...

errr more hp more torque , depends on spool up also to achieve fastest spool b4 max torque achieved

depends on ur aim , if u want to get slightly higher hp , then just send to bebolagalas to get a 20g hybrid done

if u r looking for a t3/t4 , there are too many specs , range untill 600-700hp i tink even more also got , must let us know ur application, street , hardcore streen , drag , drift , etc :D , cams and turbo's are a package, do either one first bt make sure do both , when more air is pumped, u need better cams to cope with that flow

looking for turbo...maybe this step will help u :nurse: TO choose THE rite turbo..:smokin:

1.How much HP u want to make:confused:..300~400 HP or 500~600 HP OR 600 ABOVE ...*PLEASE be rational OR 'AGAK-AGAK LA'- refer to engine mod that have been done or to be done, select wat type or engine setup can be help full ..such as..street daily driven,street racing,drift,drag rally & etc..

2. How much u gonna spent?? RM..RM.. RM :stickyman: ..if u r in tight budget u can dream the new ball bearing BUT -just buy the journal bearing..:biggrin: p/s: u car still can go fast wit Jb TURBO :D

3.After gather all the information need then...choose one :top:

should i mod more before changing the turbine?

depend. u can ask experience people or tuner or mechanic 1st before start ur mod...:shakehands:

how do u differentiate a turbine that produce more torque then hp?
Turbo makes torque, torque makes HorsePower..easy...:listen:
bigger turbo can produce lot of torque...but the question IS can ur engine support the turbo to produce it???:proud:

enjoy..

:marchmellow:

Last edited:
yup2! thanks alot jinkl and bebolas! really appreciate it...im not sure wat kinda spec is the t3/t4 turbine, but that dude was only selling it for only rm1200, so i was interested to get one, and it seems wat he told me the hp range around 350-400, my kinda taste and boost kick in 3k++ rpm with standard cams and with my mods...
ok guyz, here's the answer to ur question...

1.with my kinda mods with some feature mods coming soon, i would want 350hp, and alot more torque if possible...

2. ok on turbine, not more than 2k if can, i wish gt28 or gt30 could go this price :banghead:

ok guyz, i want something where the pull is hard, i mean who dosent, but now all ive dont is like wat i mention, well yea got other stuff also but for now, i target turbine,banana and e-manage or afc neo, because lt10 is out of my budget already, and my fren told me he was only using safc2 and yet churning out lots of horses from his evo3 engine, man love his car G's...

well from my understanding, torque give u the G's rite?

yup2! thanks alot jinkl and bebolas! really appreciate it...im not sure wat kinda spec is the t3/t4 turbine, but that dude was only selling it for only rm1200, so i was interested to get one, and it seems wat he told me the hp range around 350-400, my kinda taste and boost kick in 3k++ rpm with standard cams and with my mods...
ok guyz, here's the answer to ur question...

1.with my kinda mods with some feature mods coming soon, i would want 350hp, and alot more torque if possible...

2. ok on turbine, not more than 2k if can, i wish gt28 or gt30 could go this price :banghead:

ok guyz, i want something where the pull is hard, i mean who dosent, but now all ive dont is like wat i mention, well yea got other stuff also but for now, i target turbine,banana and e-manage or afc neo, because lt10 is out of my budget already, and my fren told me he was only using safc2 and yet churning out lots of horses from his evo3 engine, man love his car G's...

well from my understanding, torque give u the G's rite?

1. for 350 u can used stock turbo with a rite tuning and good mod or upgrade ur stock turbo..(upgrade turbo will cost u below then 2K)
bro..turbo will spin based on wat ur engine give and engine give turbo
wat ever ECU told..ecu told the engine base on ur foot la...
so..
everything need to be match nicely :D....remember also
NO MATTER HOW BIG UR ENGINE,TURBO, AND BEST ECU u used..if u dont hit the throttle or gas..ur car wont MOve hehe..:proud: - food for thought

2. for budget BELOW 2K U CAN GET NEW T3/T4 GARRETT TURBO..BUT ISNT BALL BEARING LA..LIKE I SAID BEFORE ONLY DREAM LA..:banghead: DOUBLE UR BUDGET then for sure can la bro:D..OTHER WISE fIND USED ONE..

hi all,

im planning to upgrade my current standard E3 TD05 turbine on my EVO 3 engine. plan to boost higher and my target hp is 450hp-480hp.kindly advise the suitable turbine to achieve the targeted HP:

My engine spec:

2. 1.5mm metal gasket
4. Walbro fuel pump.
5. Adjustable cam pulley

why not try change 700cc injector and boost up to 2bar??

whoo great...!
but jin, tis is wat i heard from la...most of the ppl said tat 16g capabilitiy can only reach 1.5 bar wor?
so when an e3 can boost 2bar wit 16g, so does gsr rite?

whoo great...!
but jin, tis is wat i heard from la...most of the ppl said tat 16g capabilitiy can only reach 1.5 bar wor?

yeah of cos , bt tuning is important n kind of petrol
nah it doesnt die at 1.5bar , stock engine dies, not the turbo

whoo great...!

bro Higher the gas octane..level of engine boosting safely gonna be higher....:driver:

hi all,

My engine spec:

2. 1.5mm metal gasket
4. Walbro fuel pump.
5. Adjustable cam pulley

can u tell us how much of torque that ur engine produce with de specs above?

wow what a great spec but think the best is just upgrade to td05 20g i bought from the guy in the marketplace its new and ballbearing some more.....any way heppy boosting:smokin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom