Advise on turbo for Honda.

Fatality

Sexy Moderator
Hondarians,

Im helping on behalf of my friends which is intrested to modd their Honda City new generation model aftermarket turbo kits. If get those 2nd hand parts from chop shops exp: turbo, intercooler and etc..etc.. which kind of items recomended. Since the new City have CVT gearbox this also would be a challenging issue, would appreciate all knowledge from people out there or any recomended workshop known for modding Honda Turbo. Thanks alot for your kind help in advance!

CVT can't take a lot of power, so it's something to think about.

Auto transmissions like the CVT was designed to be economical, not to be sporty.

It can be done, but understand the risks.

CVT can't take a lot of power, so it's something to think about.

Auto transmissions like the CVT was designed to be economical, not to be sporty.

It can be done, but understand the risks.

Thanks for the reply shiro, any place you know does before Turbocharge City?

Im currently helping my friend survey on this as their new project.

i saw 1 turbo-charged city (pre-facelift) in sri damansara industrial part

Thanks for the reply shiro, any place you know does before Turbocharge City?

Im currently helping my friend survey on this as their new project.

I think RS motorsports in puchong do a lot of turbocharging. Try have a talk with Robin, their tuner and see what he says about the idea of turbocharging a City.

i saw 1 turbo-charged city (pre-facelift) in sri damansara industrial part

Do you have the contacts for the workshop? This saturday will do a survey around since im free, Thanks mate, booze on me!

Bump:
I think RS motorsports in puchong do a lot of turbocharging. Try have a talk with Robin, their tuner and see what he says about the idea of turbocharging a City.

RS? Is it that place where they tuned Unichip? I heard a few bad mouth about RS but what do you think? Need more input before i share the knowledge, this saturday i will be at Mun Lee chop shop shopping maybe will drop by RS have a chat with Robin. Thanks Bro!

Last edited:
RS? Is it that place where they tuned Unichip? I heard a few bad mouth about RS but what do you think? Need more input before i share the knowledge, this saturday i will be at Mun Lee chop shop shopping maybe will drop by RS have a chat with Robin. Thanks Bro!

Well, it's usual, due to the myriad of mods done on various cars, there's bound to be badmouthing when something goes wrong.

That's why I said when doing mods, have to understand the risks associated with the mods. There is no such thing as "Sure, with that much power, your engine will last as long as the stock engine."

It will last that long, sure.. but with MORE FREQUENT MAINTAINANCE.

In fact, if you ask enough people, there's probably some badmouthing on I think maybe near all of the tuner shops around KL, because some have had bad experience with a certain shop (from their perspective)

That's why have a talk with him first, and when I say talk, not "I want to turbocharge my city!" but more like talk as in understand how the CVT systems work, and how friendly it is to turbocharging, and understand what turbocharging does.

Something akin to "risk assessment" if you're familiar with the term.

Then, if you still think it's worth the risk, go ahead.

In most cases, I find that people aren't sure of the risks, they go mod, then when something goes wrong, they blame the shop doing the modding.

In my case, a guy came to me saying he wants to up the boost on his kancil. I said it's risky, and I don't recommend it. He goes to another shop and the shop of course agrees to do it "money what?" and shows it off to me that it's doable, that I was being too cautious till it blows on him on one of his daily drives to work.. within a week.

Now he blames the other shop for not doing it properly, and badmouths that shop when ever he can. Can you see the trend here?

There are inherent limits in modding before reliability takes a REALLY HEAVY toll, so make sure you understand what you CAN do, vs. what you want TO DO.

Good luck.

bro Fatality,will try to get his contact tomorrow coz it's located nearby my company.

will keep u update!

Well, it's usual, due to the myriad of mods done on various cars, there's bound to be badmouthing when something goes wrong.

That's why I said when doing mods, have to understand the risks associated with the mods. There is no such thing as "Sure, with that much power, your engine will last as long as the stock engine."

It will last that long, sure.. but with MORE FREQUENT MAINTAINANCE.

In fact, if you ask enough people, there's probably some badmouthing on I think maybe near all of the tuner shops around KL, because some have had bad experience with a certain shop (from their perspective)

That's why have a talk with him first, and when I say talk, not "I want to turbocharge my city!" but more like talk as in understand how the CVT systems work, and how friendly it is to turbocharging, and understand what turbocharging does.

Something akin to "risk assessment" if you're familiar with the term.

Then, if you still think it's worth the risk, go ahead.

In most cases, I find that people aren't sure of the risks, they go mod, then when something goes wrong, they blame the shop doing the modding.

In my case, a guy came to me saying he wants to up the boost on his kancil. I said it's risky, and I don't recommend it. He goes to another shop and the shop of course agrees to do it "money what?" and shows it off to me that it's doable, that I was being too cautious till it blows on him on one of his daily drives to work.. within a week.

Now he blames the other shop for not doing it properly, and badmouths that shop when ever he can. Can you see the trend here?

There are inherent limits in modding before reliability takes a REALLY HEAVY toll, so make sure you understand what you CAN do, vs. what you want TO DO.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Shiro, i've also spoken to my friend about this issue. His also having an unichip unit, like you mention the trend is somethings goes wrong the tuner is to be blame. But i have to argee with your statement, most modders just want to thrill and ignore the risk involve. Once problems starts to arise then the workshop is to be blame, not only the tuner's name smells but the shop business will drop too if spread. This saturday i asked my friend to seek Robin in RS get his advise from A-Z on doing turbocharged in the new gen City. Likewise its a new car and with these Modds maintainence sure rise and i told him on the spot its not 100% the car wont give you problems. Get more inputs before modding and learn more about the car would be a good step into performance modds. Thanks for your time bro, i will send your advise to him before something unpredicted happens.

Bump:
bro Fatality,will try to get his contact tomorrow coz it's located nearby my company.

will keep u update!

Thanks alot Bro, need to gather more input for my friend before start this kind of risky modds. Best the workshop contacts and Add then will drop by for advise this sat. Im not modding these kind of stuff anyway, been playing Vtec for past 4years and hell NO i want to turbo charged it. Just helping a friend of mine seeking advise since his also new to peformance world. Cheers~

called my fren to get the workshop number,he recommend me another mech which is located at subang

Albert 016-604 4844

do let me know if u need the contact of 1st mentioned mech i told u

called my fren to get the workshop number,he recommend me another mech which is located at subang

Albert 016-604 4844

do let me know if u need the contact of 1st mentioned mech i told u

Thx for the contact, Albert workshop is which part of Subang?

More contacts will be good, need all the advise. Thx alot! Call Unker Fred we go Booze and pluck papaya session! Hehehe!

im not sure,fren of mine "highly recommend" him to me,he always send his fiat coupe to Albert.u may give him a call for the location

join our kepong tt for "papaya"/"china chck" farming session

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom