Need Advice for Exhaust Muffler

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
I've just changed to a 2" inlet 2.5" outlet local Remus straight flow muffler, the noise is a bit too bassy and loud to my liking, but I would like to maintain using a straight flow type muffler, so question is if I were to use a straight flow muffler with a larger box or those that come with silencers, would that help to reduce the noise level? Any suggestions on muffler brand/types to use? Thanks. Btw I'm using extractor, 2 inch piping and 2 tabung before the muffler.

Last edited:

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
straight flow muffler with a larger box than what you are using should make things fairly quiet. Mine is straight flow with the the muffler as big as the satria gti, very quiet :lol:

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
2 tabung before the muffler oso still loud ar..hhmm...ur muffler is kinda small rite?? the larger the muffler, the softer the sound..so u can try changing to a larger muffler..

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
wildboar said:
2 tabung before the muffler oso still loud ar..hhmm...ur muffler is kinda small rite?? the larger the muffler, the softer the sound..so u can try changing to a larger muffler..
thanks for all your input guys.....btw any suggestions for straight flow muffler brands and price range?

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi guys,
Currently I'm looking to buy another project car and came across this CIVIC ES converted to K20A type R with 6 speed manual gearbox from DC5.

Tested a short while since penang traffic everywhere.
Engine is good, handling is good.

Engine K20A type R facelift - apparently still virgin.
6 speed manual LSD gearbox
Dashboard DC5 with facelift DC5 meter.
BC adjustable absorbers - handles quite nicely.
Engine bay is clean.
Exterior is quite neglected - needed a fresh coat of paint...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience