Civic ES converted K20A type R

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi guys,
Currently I'm looking to buy another project car and came across this CIVIC ES converted to K20A type R with 6 speed manual gearbox from DC5.

Tested a short while since penang traffic everywhere.
Engine is good, handling is good.

Engine K20A type R facelift - apparently still virgin.
6 speed manual LSD gearbox
Dashboard DC5 with facelift DC5 meter.
BC adjustable absorbers - handles quite nicely.
Engine bay is clean.
Exterior is quite neglected - needed a fresh coat of paint.
Power steering fluid leaking
Exhaust pipe rubbing sound at bottom.
Brembo disc brake
Rim DC5 type R
Power window at rear broken

Note:
Check engine light is ON. Apparently for 3 years already and recently he scanned codes are:
48-05 (P1157) - HO2S (A/F sensor) S1 AFS Line voltage high
65-02 (P0141) - HO2S S2 Heater Circuit malfunction

For price 35k, I nego it to RM32k. Worth it?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
honestly those prices, kira oklah, the halfcut itself is already horribly priced these days. (tho when i did some looking up, memang got some around that price. theres even a r with a 2.4 block for those prices with almost the same mods you listed for the same price)
this kinda car i would be looking for signs that they dekitted the thing.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
honestly those prices, kira oklah, the halfcut itself is already horribly priced these days. (tho when i did some looking up, memang got some around that price. theres even a r with a 2.4 block for those prices with almost the same mods you listed for the same price)
this kinda car i would be looking for signs that they dekitted the thing.
U meant the red one in penang? The 2.4 block is from honda odyssey i think. Not a type r engine.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
U meant the red one in penang? The 2.4 block is from honda odyssey i think. Not a type r engine.
eh my bad, u might be right.. i thought i saw just the block k24

do understand tho.... the es is the model that gets very little love, not one of the better civic chassis out there

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys,
Currently I'm looking to buy another project car and came across this CIVIC ES converted to K20A type R with 6 speed manual gearbox from DC5.

Tested a short while since penang traffic everywhere.
Engine is good, handling is good.

Engine K20A type R facelift - apparently still virgin.
6 speed manual LSD gearbox
Dashboard DC5 with facelift DC5 meter.
BC adjustable absorbers - handles quite nicely.
Engine bay is clean.
Exterior is quite neglected - needed a fresh coat of paint.
Power steering fluid leaking
Exhaust pipe rubbing sound at bottom.
Brembo disc brake
Rim DC5 type R
Power window at rear broken

Note:
Check engine light is ON. Apparently for 3 years already and recently he scanned codes are:
48-05 (P1157) - HO2S (A/F sensor) S1 AFS Line voltage high
65-02 (P0141) - HO2S S2 Heater Circuit malfunction

For price 35k, I nego it to RM32k. Worth it?
If you have another 30k more to invest in fixing it up - sure. If you don't then you're in for a real roller coaster ride

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
If you have another 30k more to invest in fixing it up - sure. If you don't then you're in for a real roller coaster ride
What do you mean ya? Need so much repair? I standby 7k for repairing..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
eh bro, you know what? I've been reading what I wrote and I realized it was my OCD talking most of the time. If the car runs, you have 7k to touch it up, then if you like it - just buy it. Seriously the Civic ES is a nice looking car and with a K series engine it's a really good combination. For picky people like me I'd want to spend on doing a lot of crap to it to make it perfect to my standards which sometimes can be a little excessive.... so ignore what I said about the 30k and work with your 7k and go for it.

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
eh bro, you know what? I've been reading what I wrote and I realized it was my OCD talking most of the time. If the car runs, you have 7k to touch it up, then if you like it - just buy it. Seriously the Civic ES is a nice looking car and with a K series engine it's a really good combination.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
eh bro, you know what? I've been reading what I wrote and I realized it was my OCD talking most of the time. If the car runs, you have 7k to touch it up, then if you like it - just buy it. Seriously the Civic ES is a nice looking car and with a K series engine it's a really good combination.
Haha yeah while i was ocd-ing on what to repairs and whatnot, someone else already bought the car when i told him im ready to put the deposit now LOL.

Oh well the hunt continues. Any suggestions? Budget around below 70k.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haha yeah while i was ocd-ing on what to repairs and whatnot, someone else already bought the car when i told him im ready to put the deposit now LOL.

Oh well the hunt continues. Any suggestions? Budget around below 70k.
That's a healthy budget. I'm just thinking off the top of my head la. Not really thinking too far :

- Civic EF with a B18 conversion
- Altezza manual
- KE + 4AGE
- BMW e36/46 with a M54B30 transplant

If you had looked early 2020, you could probably get a really good JZX100 or JZX110. But now these cars are sky high asking prices already.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
That's a healthy budget. I'm just thinking off the top of my head la. Not really thinking too far :

- Altezza manual
- KE + 4AGE

If you had looked early 2020, you could probably get a really good JZX100 or JZX110. But now these cars are sky high asking prices already.
I do not prefer continental cars due to their manja nature.. the only one acceptable to me is the altezza.

What i have in mind is the altezza (but it looks old)..
Or civic fd2r convert.
Or maybe i up budget to 130k get ori..

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
70k...
altezza very good choice
mrs
impreza can still scrape by
335i also can but upkeep, errrr

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

- Altezza manual
- KE + 4AGE

WHY NO MENTION BMW E36/E46 with 2JZ or 1JZ swapped.

Joke aside, i think below cars can be quite interesting choices depending on how well they were done:

1.) BMW 328i/330i - E36 or E46. Keep it stock, these engines apparently revs better after modded with M50 intake manifold and with a tune.
2.) Toyota Celica - ZZT231 1.8 M - personally i like its look, some may said its RICE, however its a good handling car, just watchout for its timing chain issue. Its a rare unicorn too.
3.) Proton Inspira 1.8 M - If you able to get past the Proton logo, its 100% Mitsubishi chassis, engine and transmission. The 4B10 (1.8) can easily being bolt on turbo with TD04 with 0.7 bar of boost, making 230-240hp. Reliability depends on how aggressive is your tune. Aftermarket support is tremendous for this model.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
WHY NO MENTION BMW E36/E46 with 2JZ or 1JZ swapped.

Joke aside, i think below cars can be quite interesting choices depending on how well they were done:

1.) BMW 328i/330i - E36 or E46. Keep it stock, these engines apparently revs better after modded with M50 intake manifold and with a tune.
2.) Toyota Celica - ZZT231 1.8 M - personally i like its look, some may said its RICE, however its a good handling car, just watchout for its timing chain issue. Its a rare unicorn too.
3.) Proton Inspira 1.8 M - If you able to get past the Proton logo, its 100% Mitsubishi chassis, engine and transmission. The 4B10 (1.8) can easily being bolt on turbo with TD04 with 0.7 bar of boost, making 230-240hp. Reliability depends on how aggressive is your tune. Aftermarket support is tremendous for this model.
just saying for option 2, theres an original sports m on sale (was on sale last 2 weeks) not the nicest cond, but cheap... around 40k... pandai pandai cari on fesbuk ya

Reactions: Mitevo7

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
just saying for option 2, theres an original sports m on sale (was on sale last 2 weeks) not the nicest cond, but cheap... around 40k... pandai pandai cari on fesbuk ya
Celica ZZT231 is very underrated.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... any1 know where to get transparent rod for makin angel eye ???
:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience