Myvi Lagi Best.....Modification

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
things i did for my wife MyVi are for...
- increase response a bit due to AT
- increase handling and security a bit due to MyVi torsion beams setup

all out performance will be on my SEG...:wavey:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Everyone has his own opinion.

Whatever the case, one need to budget the spending on cars.
I would think cars are liability, not an asset like property.

When it comes to modding cars, the sky is the limit in hp, performance, handling, look, etc.
If got money and crazy enuf, even skateboard can have an engine with turbo power.
but when it comes to money, there is always a limit.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
N/A mods on Myvi..wasting time and money. Don't do it. Handling, big difference.. Myvi really lacking in that area. You want power..turn off air con..that's immediate 2bhp for you..

A Myvi 1.3L, you spend RM2k, also don't know if you can match the performance of a Myvi 1.5L. And a Myvi 1.5L is still relatively gutless.

If you want something significant, something that makes a difference, get a turbo. Otherwise things like open pod filter, exhaust system, header..really, don't bother.

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
N/A mods on Myvi..wasting time and money. Don't do it. Handling, big difference.. Myvi really lacking in that area. You want power..turn off air con..that's immediate 2bhp for you..

A Myvi 1.3L, you spend RM2k, also don't know if you can match the performance of a Myvi 1.5L. And a Myvi 1.5L is still relatively gutless.

If you want something significant, something that makes a difference, get a turbo. Otherwise things like open pod filter, exhaust system, header..really, don't bother.
Thanks for ur comments Bro ixeo..

Cheerz.

:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

that is also true, bro.

However, I have seen "fearless" (or dont know how to write "die") myvi drivers, taking a stock car and drove it (insanely) to the limit.

Gutless Myvi car, yes.

but

Takes balls of steel to drive it like that.

So, to drive well, take a good car, plus a good driver.....a perfect marriage!

For most of average drivers, I guess we are too sayang of our car....sikit sikit scratch oso heart pain-pain liow.

Wacking our car to the limit?? hahahaha....very seldom

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
agreed.

even my grandmother thinks the Myvi is underpowered... so why would anyone think it's ENOUGH?
I think it's enough. Our highway speed limit is 110, trunk roads 80-90 only. There's no need to do sprint test at every traffic light stop like those boy racers.. :proud:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some will be content with 100hp car. Other see 100hp car are like grass cutter machine.

Different ppl see hp differently.
One thing for sure.....do you have the moolah to do the modding? Would you think it would worth it?

and once you have attained the hp (just say 350hp), do you have the guts drive the car to the limit?

Kenny Yeoh Oon Siak

From Facebook
Mar 31, 2012
www.facebook.com
Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro NukeeZoid, so if i happen to want to swap the myvi to something real powderful, what would your suggestion be? i need something which is real quick, handles like its on rails and must look good..
what's your definition of real quick? give a 0-100 time and only then sensible recommendations can be made.

to me a kenari with a fart pipe feels real quick at 140km/h.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
what's your definition of real quick? give a 0-100 time and only then sensible recommendations can be made.

to me a kenari with a fart pipe feels real quick at 140km/h.
DANGEROUSLY quick. ;)

an F430. nuff said. :rofl:

but i'm sure your RS250 is already plenty fast. ;)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm in agreement with Ixeo (for once!). The Myvi's H-frame torsion beam doesn't really help with the cars overall handling. No matter how stiff you make the ARB for the rear, you will not get the same type of handling with say a Wira with 19mm rear ARB.

Center of gravity is high, short and wide wheel base, soft firewall and that's just the least of its worries.

You mod a Myvi for fun, you can't mod a Myvi for speed, power and reliability. Because there will always be some other little car out there that'll eat you for breakfast on a track. Like a EG for example. Or a Neo. Or a Wira. (All examples are stock vs stock. If modded vs modded, I think the Myvi would be at an even larger disadvantage).

The Myvi makes for a very nippy city driver and those who say the Myvi is fast under the right driver - yes.. but driving at break neck speeds on public roads makes the driver a moronic ass. The Myvi can't stop that well unless you have super sticky tyres and 4-pot calipers. But if you had 4-pot calipers getting to those break neck speeds would be harder.

I dunno about you but I've never felt safe my Myvis, it's more of a milo tin than my Wira. But at least it has ABS and EBD, so when I get into an emergency situation I won't completely obliterate myself and the car. In my Wira I'd go to the afterlife car blazing and all that.

Wish my wira had ABS. Sigh.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

How about an Ariel Atom? :rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why when they 1st launched the Myvi 1.5, I always think Lagi Best, Lagi Power or Lagi Best, Lagi Banyak Accident? :hmmmm2:

Kids never learn, thinking myvi can fly, adi come across a few youngsters in their 1.5 Myvi, driving like as though they think they are in
sports car or whatsoever...at crazy speeds, whack corners like nobody business until 1 day turtled baru cry...

Not to say 1.5, 1.3 Myvi some of them also really :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How we drive a kelisa also wont be fast one la bro :rofl: got limitations...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
aiyo..myvi not to say no good..i personally drive a myvi..1.3 stock standard with juz some exhaust modifications..for handling wise..wat i do is put the 15mm spacer infront and open up camber fo more grip..makes it easier for turn in..you can own a fast car and if u dont know to drive it than wats the use..

talking about myvi handling on track..i find it awesome..larger single pot brakes and dunlop FM901 serves you well for street use..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
"Its not what you drive.....It is how you drive it"
True la bro.

Let's say I give you a tricked out Myvi and you can whack the fella maximum all over a track.

Then I give you a tricked out Putra, I'll bet you'll be able to whack the fella even faster all over a track.

Then I give you a tricked out EG, you'll probably cream the Myvi and Putra on a track.

Yes the skill is important. But you're only ever going to be as fast as the maximum of your tool.