Myvi 1.3 SE lagi best improvement

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Please don't fully trust on those myvi's owner reviews. Some owners are too subjective (probably they too love their car). Personally i found out some are overrated the product performance. Example, front lower 4points structure bar. It does a little improve on the braking part (which the car won't falls too much to the front). Same to the rear ARB and front tower bar.

If you want significant improvement in stability. I can recommend you to install fully adjustable suspension and bear in mind that, your passenger (especially rear passenger) will dislike the feedback from the road. 

PS: Stay in stock form IS THE BEST!
thank you for your opinion :) will stay in stock until something happen or need to be changed :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thank you for your opinion :) will stay in stock until something happen or need to be changed :)
Play Satria Neo if wanna play. Not myvi. :listen:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Hi,
i would like to ask all the sifus in these following areas, :
1) i have been driving this car for a month, and i feel this is abit bumpy ride compared to gen2 2003 i drove before. what improvement should i do on this.
(change the suspension, adjust damper rate, however, wont help that much due to the car weight and etc)

2) the normal cornering rate to me is really disturbing as i used to drive gen2, i sways alot to the side and i need improvement too. any suggestion would be great.
(lowered ur suspension, bigger wheel, more jj/ width, however all down to how u wan to tune ur ride)

3) im planning to change the stock rims to a 15" rim, budget less than 700bucks and black,light weights and attractive. any suggestion?
(nth to suggest, perhaps can go shop along jalan kapar)

4) I have no planning to do any modification on the engine and or anything like open port or air intake, for now i just need to improve on stability and comfortability to the ride.
(strut, suspension, better tyre, however still a myvi, dun expect much from it)

5) how to have a stable and heavy steering when on speed of 120kmh ++ ? i drove a satria neo ( friends) it has very stable and heavy steering. really convenient on highspeed
(it was meant and design ftowards urban usage, not so much for cruising high speed, however do check ur tyre, or u just need to buff up ur muscle (biceps and triceps)

**all parts are still stocks and under warranty. i just want to drive better at cornering and good FC.
(good fc, change engine oil on time,replace airfilter, remove unecessary items, and lighten your right foot)

thank you.
just my worthless 2cents from a noob

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You still on stock tyres, right? Once you upgrade your tyres the cornering can be improved on further.....:driver:
ya stock tyres...no $$ to change. Wait till tyres botak first haha.

Upgrading to tyres that bites more means higher FC...also wider tyres means more drag. If TS wana save more fuel than cannot loh haha. Gotta give and take :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi,
i would like to ask all the sifus in these following areas, :
1) i have been driving this car for a month, and i feel this is abit bumpy ride compared to gen2 2003 i drove before. what improvement should i do on this.

2) the normal cornering rate to me is really disturbing as i used to drive gen2, i sways alot to the side and i need improvement too. any suggestion would be great.

3) im planning to change the stock rims to a 15" rim, budget less than 700bucks and black,light weights and attractive. any suggestion?

4) I have no planning to do any modification on the engine and or anything like open port or air intake, for now i just need to improve on stability and comfortability to the ride. '

5) how to have a stable and heavy steering when on speed of 120kmh ++ ? i drove a satria neo ( friends) it has very stable and heavy steering. really convenient on highspeed

**all parts are still stocks and under warranty. i just want to drive better at cornering and good FC.

thank you.

get hwl/gab adjustable suspension...then if u want with slight comfort then find dealers that offer free selection of spring rate during installation...

then get the biggest front and rear anti-roll bar from ultra racing....

thats about it u can do

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
Assuming stock suspensions lah.
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.
Alloy rims have wider offset then stock metal rims also, so center of gravity improved....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's not heavier rims la. Heavier rims just increase momentum and makes braking goddamn scary. Oh and kills acceleration for small engine cars.

And your friends Viva changed to larger and wider Vios wheels, sure la planted. Hell, My myvi 175/60/14 change to 185/60/14 already got difference lor. But tyres in these range are kinda limited. CS1 just does not grip as much as RSR. :biggrin:

Screw high profile tyres. LONG LIVE LOW PROFILE!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's not heavier rims la. Heavier rims just increase momentum and makes braking goddamn scary. Oh and kills acceleration for small engine cars.

And your friends Viva changed to larger and wider Vios wheels, sure la planted. Hell, My myvi 175/60/14 change to 185/60/14 already got difference lor. But tyres in these range are kinda limited. CS1 just does not grip as much as RSR. :biggrin:

I want to hear you say it when you are 50. :laugh:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I'm using 185/60/14 in Wira also. But haven't tried before any other Wira in stock tyre size. Does it make much of a difference compared to stock? If there is, in what way?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm using 185/60/14 in Wira also. But haven't tried before any other Wira in stock tyre size. Does it make much of a difference compared to stock? If there is, in what way?
175 and 185 got difference in the Myvi, Wira I dunno. Slightly wider track can hold on longer before giving way to 175. But then again it might be the tyre brand and quality itself now that you mention it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Is 175/65R14 original size not 175/60R14....:biggrin:

CS1, you mean CD2.....you getting confused yourself....hahahaa:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I want to hear you say it when you are 50. :laugh:
I am running 45 series even lower then bro. Izso 50 series.....:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Wira 1.5 original is 175/70R13, if change to 185/60R14 sure traction & handling will improve. Wider for traction and grip, lower profile for handling, even if same tyre brand....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
175 and 185 got difference in the Myvi, Wira I dunno. Slightly wider track can hold on longer before giving way to 175. But then again it might be the tyre brand and quality itself now that you mention it.
Even 10mm also can feel the difference. I still need to learn more about tyres.

Yours bigger and wider, ass shorter also :biggrin:
You mean his car or tyres?

Is 175/65R14 original size not 175/60R14....:biggrin:

CS1, you mean CD2.....you getting confused yourself....hahahaa:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I am running 45 series even lower then bro. Izso 50 series.....:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Wira 1.5 original is 175/70R13, if change to 185/60R14 sure traction & handling will improve. Wider for traction and grip, lower profile for handling, even if same tyre brand....:driver:
Now i feel grateful that the tyres have been changed

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You mean his car or tyres?
If change to performance model tyres, the handling and traction will even be better.

Bro. Sc will get shot for that.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences
How much thread left?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What does it takes for you to be called a man?

Male by birth, man by choice

When the Almighty creates man, He make him to be adventure, ambitious, dare to take chances or risk, one who protect his family & provides......they get easily attracted with visual & Audio.....Fast cars & highway way

and how entrepreneur taking advantages of it by creating so called the adventure branding of "Camel Trophy" ...Malboro man in 70's -80's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience