Mod to fit 2 pot brake on AE111

peter.estropigan

From Facebook
Mar 6, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hi, I am 2 pot user. The caliper is plug and play. If you want to use original rotor, you have to skim it smaller a bit in diameter.
But I am using Levin single pot rotor, so everything is plug and play
so the 2-pot caliper will be plug and play with the Levin single pot rotor?any modifications on the knuckle?how about brake pad alignment of the contact surface to the rotor?do you have a photo of your setup?can i request a photo of your setup?here is my email. [email protected] thanks

JDM-EK-AE101

500 RPM
Apr 5, 2010
Caribbean
www.zerotohundred.com
The modification you did is abit weird because its too near to the middle of the rotor, your brake pads are even touching the indicator of disc thickness. Also using Honda disc on a toyota creates another problem, because the middle hub clearance is bigger on a honda compared to toyota so you need an adapter to prevent vibrations.

Contact area for JDM Single pot and Twin pot is the same. Its just that twin pot got bigger disc originally so it can dissipate more heat. You could actually modify a single pot disc into a 2 pot caliper without much problem, thats what I am using now.

If you want to use the full 275mm, you need a 16 inch rim and an adapter to mount the caliper further out.
Just to confirm... I already have the st202 brackets, looking to get the super strut calipers and one question, This is using the 275mm diameter disc and 55mm center bore from the super strut model right? what Brake Pads I need? from ST202 or From Levin Super Strut? the St202 Bracket need to be milled? or the disc? where online to buy those discs?

Thanks In Advance!