around 2 to 4 minutes.As far as i am concern the timing is just good
because idling is around 800 and with aircond 1k.So far i have change the
trottle body,spark plug and the cable but the problem still exist...Man i
am deep *****...Please give some tips so i wont have headache when rolling
downtown with my Mivec.Apart from that do inform and recommend me the
type of spark plug and engine oil i should use.This problem happen at any
time when start early in the morning or idling time.....It only stay ok
when i am doing the chasing or running....Heard Mivec common Problem is
the Map sensor...Where can i get a replacement...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
bro i dont know whether this is relevant or not but try advancing ur ignition timing on ur cam

position sensor...maybe a few degrees would be enuff...then u might notice that rpm would

increase a little bit..i had this experience in the middle of federal hiway..then a mechanic

came and he just advanced a bit of the ignition then no problem so far...just a suggestion

but there's no harm in trying right?? gud luck..

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Quite possible that its your ECU acting up... from what I have experienced the engine should be able to start even if the MAP sensor is damaged.
I once saw a Waja with similar problems. For that car it was the ECU dying.

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
hey bro i got the same prob as urs with my vr4...i went to my mech and change timing belt,spark plug,and cables...using NGK cables and spark plug...its ok now...might come again la...maybe

yellowklone

Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
this problem not related to MAP sensor..I'm saying this because i already faced the problem..MAP sensor damage on my case occurs when "check engine' indicator lit even your cruising at 100km/h..then you feel that your car are running like only 3 cylinders and when your stopping (using air cond) engine will die just like that..after i replace wit new MAP sensor..everything back to normal..but i tell you, the price of that sensor, is killing you!! a piece, size of a bottle cap (slightly bigger) cost you around nearly RM 500!!

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
i didnt read fully wats ur problem coz really lazy right now but last time i faced this problem with my mivec is because 1) spark plug kong and (2) throttle body dirty

HEIZAL

Jul 3, 2005
PENANG
Mate as i gather the information and so far the diagnose problem as below:
* Map sensor
* ECU
* Trottle body - Confirm ok.
Apart from that i went to local EON spartpart centre and they said for local map sensor you can get it around Rm 140 and From Mitsubishi around Rm 480....Is it true when i asked them about this sensor they said we can use the local proton one because all the same....Boleh percaya ka?????Ada butol Ka?
yellowklone said:
this problem not related to MAP sensor..I'm saying this because i already faced the problem..MAP sensor damage on my case occurs when "check engine' indicator lit even your cruising at 100km/h..then you feel that your car are running like only 3 cylinders and when your stopping (using air cond) engine will die just like that..after i replace wit new MAP sensor..everything back to normal..but i tell you, the price of that sensor, is killing you!! a piece, size of a bottle cap (slightly bigger) cost you around nearly RM 500!!

Last edited:

HEIZAL

Jul 3, 2005
PENANG
Mate how much the ECU will cost me and is it difficuilt to get a replacement?Can we swap and use the normal proton ECU....
Apart from that how to confirm wheather these part perform or not ...ECU,Map Sensor and Trottle Body...
Zeroed said:
Quite possible that its your ECU acting up... from what I have experienced the engine should be able to start even if the MAP sensor is damaged.
I once saw a Waja with similar problems. For that car it was the ECU dying.

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Yo Bro,
Try checking the "speed sensor" behind the speed/rpm meter.
This happens to GTIs also...might be the same.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, plug with normal ecu first, just to confirm ... if ok, that mean is ecu faulty...

actually cannot to said faulty, because from electronic view, maybe some parts like regsister, capacitor or tansistor was open during working in high temperature. :D
think u need to try sawp ecu .

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
E-Tech said:
Yo Bro,
Try checking the "speed sensor" behind the speed/rpm meter.
This happens to GTIs also...might be the same.
speed sensor faulty MUT will show error ?? but seldom to hear can be happen ... can be try also :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience