MIVEC (Auto) - Share Experiences

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pje

Known Member
Anybody which using Mivec(auto), please share with me about your experiences of using this engine. I need to know it perfomances ( Pick-up, top speed, fuel consumption) and also problems if any....thank you.

i have used a mivec 1.6 auto before, performance is definately better than the original 1.6cc 4g92p wira engine, pickup+top speed is better but the gearbox give up after i press 175/km for 20 min.

After that i change to 1.8 block with a new auto gearbox, now the pickup is consider good BUT the fuel consumtion is an issue to me, very VERY high consumption, cant take it anymore RM60.00 can only reach the most 19x~20xKM only.

as for MIVEC kick in after 5.5k RPM i seldom try it, because it will kill the gearbox even more faster. (why do i change to MIVEC auto in the 1st place... sigh)

At the end of the day if you want to have a high Rev engine go for the manual spec, not the auto, but if you are planing to change from a 1.5auto to this 1.6 MIVEC auto then still consider ok atleast its a DOHC engine. Just my personal opinon.

Hi wiraloh..
wah your 1.8 mivec is very 'telan minyak'. But firstly, thank 4 your info. Its help me a lot...
Actualy my original engine is 4g92p auto and last year i change it to GTI ( engine only). the wiring is still 1.6 auto. The performance is better than last one, it easily can go 160km/h but the problem is, it hard to get top speed..I thinking to change the wiring to 1.8 but my mechanic said 'buang duit saje' b'cause i can get bit diffrent only.. the important is change to manual... Why must i pay for 1.8 r/tax if the performance can't go further, that why i thinking to change my engine to mivec 1.6 auto.

Have anyone like to share experinces the mivec auto with me?

pje, i am driving wira 1.6A standard. i am very happy with the performance now...
straight acceleration is as good as wira 1.5M, with reasonable top speed and reasonable fuel economy.

personally speaking, i too wanted a power hike but put it on hold first. WHY??

1. change to 1.8 liter engine wont entitle me to half price road tax which i really do enjoy now.
2. a good and powerful engine like 4G93 DOHC, 4G92 Mivec even 4G92 DOHC would be of little use if u insist on using auto tranny.

my sincere advice - if power and traction means a lot to you, drop the auto gearbox and use manual instead. with the manual gb, a standard 4G92 SOHC like our wira will give a big smile and happiness whenever we hit the road.

if u get stuck in traffic jam often enough like me, then stick to auto. heh heh

peace!!

From what I know the reason why the auto tranny isn't able to coupe with the power from the engine is because its ATF heats up to easily.. So for 4G93 and 4G92 gearbox the problem would be solve by installing a ATF cooler.. That should do the trick

I pretty much agreed with ZAN on point 1 and 2, an auto will always be an auto, no matter how you mod it.

Initially i thought that the MITSU auto gearbox was suppose to be of better quality, but after that gearbox also spoil!! i got no choice but to install one of those ATF cooler with the hope that it really works and and keep the auto Trans life longer.

Before this i also drove a original wira 1.6 auto for 5 years and the gearbox also gave me problem even with routine service and maintenance. is like something wrong with the original design of the 1.6 Auto with PROTON and MITSU.

according to my friend, I'm not sure myself as I never seen one the original mitsu does come with an ATF cooler

the ATF cooler is installed as an aftermarket item, no factory fitted.

i came to know EON does sell ATF oil cooler for Perdana V6...at only RM2,500.

wiraloh, how much does it cost u to install the cooler? i am thinking of installing one :D

So far I've no problem with my gear box, may be because of i follow their routine service but according to your guys anything can happen... So It was a good idea to install ATF oil cooler..

I already check with my mecha..he estimate that the ATF cooler is RM1xx-GSR auto + installation is RM1xx...

Mine was all original from halfcut. No problem till now. Regular service and use 10W40 oil. Just ram without any worries. Best engine I ever drive.

any of u guys know any good mivec mechs around subang? my mivec doesn't seem to engage. i only got 79hp during a dyno test. its a tiptronic by the way

mivec tiptronic?
installed in a waja?
got change the ecu or add-on piggyback for the ecu or not?

hi i waiting my wira to finish transplant mivec also auto anyone can compare the FC between the mivec auto and the ori wira 1.5 auto.....

any of u guys know any good mivec mechs around subang? my mivec doesn't seem to engage. i only got 79hp during a dyno test. its a tiptronic by the way

79hp only?? .. goshhh..

previously driving mivec md tiptronic auto.
only doing minor modification.. AFR, KNN drop in
the fuel consumption.. a bit high.
performance: chak latt.. worst. i feel that not so many diff with my previous waja 1.6.
top speed: 100-165 km/h is ok. after that cannot even touch 180.. lol.. waja 4G18 is better laaa i think..

currently change to 1.8 block.. car still at the workshop. still use standard tiptronic gearbox. will give a feedback after came back from raya..

Mine 180km/h cut. From 80-180km/h more powerful than perdana v6. I think there is something not right if it don't perform well. Big exhaust and mushroom all useless one. Keep everything stock better.

I pretty much agreed with ZAN on point 1 and 2, an auto will always be an auto, no matter how you mod it.

Initially i thought that the MITSU auto gearbox was suppose to be of better quality, but after that gearbox also spoil!! i got no choice but to install one of those ATF cooler with the hope that it really works and and keep the auto Trans life longer.

Before this i also drove a original wira 1.6 auto for 5 years and the gearbox also gave me problem even with routine service and maintenance. is like something wrong with the original design of the 1.6 Auto with PROTON and MITSU.

Wiraloh installing that atf cooler realy work??? i also planing to install one

Mine was all original from halfcut. No problem till now. Regular service and use 10W40 oil. Just ram without any worries. Best engine I ever drive.

since when?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom