Mitsubishi Storm Midifications

Sep 10, 2007
Hi,
may i know what can you do to increase the power of the 2.5 litre turbo intercooler mitsubishi storm. And since its has a turbo, is it possible to install a blow off valve in it??

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
BOV will increase horsepower meh??..

why not try increasing the boost??.. btw, its a gasoline or diesel engine??... sorry, i noob in cars...

maddogz

Sep 10, 2007
Erm BOV does not give the car more power... but i like the sound of it :P thats why. its a diesel car. i also want to add more power to it, maybe changing the exhaust system and air intake system..
but i wanna find out is it possible to add a BOV into a Mitsubishi Storm

OrDiNaRy_GuY

Apr 4, 2005
u need to match the BOV for the car,if not it will decrease HP.anyway MIT storm was the worst diesel car,no power,if u boost up the car,the turbine will spoilt.

maddogz

Sep 10, 2007
so there is no way can install a BOV without spoiling the turbo?? another question is what do you think i can do to improve the power of the car??? is it possible to upgrade the mitsubishi storm to a mitsubishi storm evo engine??? since it is the same engine...

maddogz

Sep 10, 2007
Oh ok... then what can i do to improve the power of the Storm?? change the air intake??? exhaust??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
first of all, i dunno wat makes ordinary guy so sure that mit storm is the lousiest turbo diesel vehicle, he sounded like he tried all turbo-diesel car like ranger, fighter, rodeo, trooper, sorento, kyron, discovery, freelander, frontier, land cruiser, hilux, prado and so on so forth... every car got their pro & cons, dun just simple gave this kind of comment...

As for performance part, i m using pajero 2.8 diesel turbo, i didnt do much for the performance part... only a volts stabilizer to enhance the electrical part, but my fren invest in air induction, exhaust, and a computer and the performance kinda good... overseas user replace the turbine and make high boost too...

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
i have fuel consumption problem with my storm (2.5l diesel turbo) . any recommended workshop to fix? RM110 per full tank only can reach 400km/ full tank.
is this correct?
i'm in jalan kuchai lama area - kl
thanks

Satish Kumar Black

From Facebook
Jan 14, 2011
shah alam
www.facebook.com
for more power in a stormer, my mechanic told me to get a proper exhaust system, not a fancy or noisy one, but one with less restriction, and then he mention sum chip tuning, he recommended those steps but i havent tried any, so not sure of it... bt get sum expert advice buddy, n cheers to ur attempt... :)

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Check Unichip I saw there was a significant power after install. If you at JB area you can go to Viswork to test drive.

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
yah...... check unichip.........you will shocked about the result you get....
viswork......they are "pakar" for tone up 4x4 diesel turbo

Jul 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mitsubishi storm is mechanical engine so it wont able to install unichip...
if wish increase power on that vehicle,u can try to modify the fuel pump,it will increase quite a lot on the power.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mugen has been churning out tuned versions of Honda’s finest for decades. The Civic has obviously been their weapon of choice but the tuner has even lent their magic touch to the Accord and have recently come out with a supercharged CR-Z. Even the lightweight Ariel Atom has been bestowed a touch of its sword.

Well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience