Want to know if Mikuni 2BBL carb can be use with Mitsubishi EFI ECU?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
My car was a Mitsubishi Lancel EL 1996 with 4G13 engine, Variable Venturi Carburator or Piston Type Carb. It's similar to your Proton Wira in Malaysia.

Two your ago I've bought an Electronic Controlled Mikuni 2Barrel Carburator with Intake manifold for my car. But the Electronic Control Module was not included and therefore not able to install in my car.

Recently a friend have swapped his ECU from his Mitsubishi Lancer with 4G15 EFI engine with my old 4G15 engine block and add some cash.

I want to know if the Mitsubishi ECU Model MD190283 E2T38979 with ROM version E499 can be use with Mikuni 2BBL Carburator for my Mitsubishi Lancer.

I saw a thread here in zerotohundred that have also Mikuni Carburator with ECM. The ECM was look like my EFI ECU. Was it possible that these 2 computer box were the same?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/10108-carburetor-section-305.html

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Why? I can't post my jpg pictures with file size less than 100kb? Did I exceed some sort of limit? My total sum attachment was only 1.58mb.:confused:

Oops. just noticed the tiny message that I have 6 hour anti-bump limit.:banghead::biggrin:

Last edited:

dawnryder

Jan 14, 2013
Kajang
Here's the picture of Mitsubishi ECU and Electronic Controlled Mikuni Carburator
My computer box code is MD175434. But i never open the steel box yet. It takes times for me to do that as it is placed somewhere under my dashboard. But i will try to do that later.

Dont know your computer box would be compatible with electronic controlled carburetor or not. But my engine was originally automatic transmission. Maybe that computer box controls both engine and gearbox.

Anyway i can provide u the images of my computer box with the number label.

Attachments

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
My computer box code is MD175434. But i never open the steel box yet. It takes times for me to do that as it is placed somewhere under my dashboard. But i will try to do that later.

Dont know your computer box would be compatible with electronic controlled carburetor or not. But my engine was originally automatic transmission. Maybe that computer box controls both engine and gearbox.

Anyway i can provide u the images of my computer box with the number label.
Thanks dawnryder for posting picture of your ECM.

No need for you to open the box of your ECM.

Your Model number MD175434 will surely confirmed that I can't use my friend ECU for electronic controlled Mikuni Carburator.:banghead:

Planning to sell my Carburator and EFI ECU. So I can convert my 4G13 engine from carb to EFI using MegaSquirt-II version 2.2.:idea:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/425739-diy-megasquirts-v2-2-question.html

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1) I would like to change my crv 99 engine..

what the types of engine suit with my crv..

or maybe have any optional ideas to make the more powerful then the stock..

2) Where can i find crv 99 body kit?? Such as MUGEN etc..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience