mini countryman s opinion

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So that means if I have an original JCW (with registration card saying JCW) or a normal S-mini with JCW everything, (reg says mini only), the only difference would be the registration card?

Wouldn't that drop the value of the car regardless of parts similarity or not?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
So that means if I have an original JCW (with registration card saying JCW) or a normal S-mini with JCW everything, (reg says mini only), the only difference would be the registration card?

Wouldn't that drop the value of the car regardless of parts similarity or not?
The real deal will definitely command higher value but as with all used stuff, in the end it's how much you're willing to pay / sell.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Unlike the Evo, BMW M cars or GTR and such, the JCW is literally the S MINI with off the shelf JCW performance and aesthetic parts, which is why it still is pretty okay.

unless we're talking about the GP then yes, you probably can't replicate that
The Proton Lanspira Evo has been done, complete with the 4WD drive shaft and all. Complete half cut "salin".

Still not an Evo.

I'm not familiar with M cars or GTR. Can't comment there. But I guess in THIS CONTEXT, people can't tell its an original JCW or not.

The real deal will definitely command higher value but as with all used stuff, in the end it's how much you're willing to pay / sell.
And you said it. No matter what you do, its not the real deal. Other people won't be able to tell since it'll be EXACTLY the same. But its not the real deal. Lie to the whole world but can't lie to yourself.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
The Proton Lanspira Evo has been done, complete with the 4WD drive shaft and all. Complete half cut "salin".

Still not an Evo.

I'm not familiar with M cars or GTR. Can't comment there. But I guess in THIS CONTEXT, people can't tell its an original JCW or not.

And you said it. No matter what you do, its not the real deal. Other people won't be able to tell since it'll be EXACTLY the same. But its not the real deal. Lie to the whole world but can't lie to yourself.
To lie or not to lie aside, I wouldn't generalise people who do conversions as pretenders because one can't deny that these things help individualise / improve their pride and joy. So no matter if you're forced to drive a regular MINI or you just don't have the cash to, there's still potential.

at the end of the day, the JCW remain as one of the few reputable go-to option for aftermarket MINI stuff

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<a href="http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/171843-grass-racing-autosports-autocross-championship-round-2-2007-a.html">
<a>

Shah Alam, July 15th 2007 – Grass Racing Autosports or more commonly known as GRA ran their 2nd Autocross Round in Shah Alam Car Park in the wet! Rain did not dampen the spirit of the drivers.

Words and Pictures: GRA...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience