Mini Countryman - Paint correction and 22ple glass coat

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I have been away for some time now. I need to apologise to my legendary detailers whom I did not follow, or read your posts here - Josh, Kenneth, Erik are just a few to mention. I do keep up to date with your posts in facebook and for Henry, in youtube :top:. Jack and Kc, I see that the hive is doing great :burnout:

It's time I make a comeback to let you guys know that I am still alive, and not kidnapped by terrorist over here in Sabah.

Upon arrival, the car was given a 3 hours wash and thorough clean for paint inspection.

Wheels were washed with Osren Multi Clean, followed by a brief soak in Iron-X to remove any iron deposits and caked brake dust.

The paint was clayed to remove any light surface contaminant such as tar, minerals and traffic deposits. As one can see, the tar spots on this car was not removable by claying (black spot in picture). A heavy duty tar remover was used as an alternative.

The car was then inspected under sunlight for paint defects. Note the slight pink hue of the paint - signs of paint oxidation.

Swirls and random deep scratches were abundant.

After identifying defects and deciding for the right treatment, the car was masked thoroughly to protect plastic, emblems, and other sensitive parts prior to paint correction.
Treatment was 4 passes of Osren Active Polish 34 on wool pad, followed up by 3M Machine Polish and 3M Ultrafine Polish on polishing pad. Extra time was required due to the hard nature of the ceramic clear coat.

A 50/50 shot of before and after (first step) on the bonnet.

A 50/50 shot of before and after (first step) on the roof

A shot of before and after (first step) at the rear boot.

Small areas were not neglected

Tyres were applied with protectant

After a 3 step paint correction, the surface was applied with 22ple VX Pro Signature Glass Coat

Some before and after pictures of paint correction and coating. Note the slight pink hue of the uncorrected paint. Bright red colour and gloss were restored as well as added durability and paint protection.

Here are some after pictures of a 35 hours paint correction over 4 days, followed by a coating of 22ple VX Pro Signature Glass Coat

Thank you.

Last edited:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
The Legend.....has spoken. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Thats what i call a quality finish with no manipulative lighting to snap photos. This is how a post should be like, not just posting results photo with warm lighting and calling it Professionalism.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I didn't know you were a detailer full time!
Not full time lah... Can can lah...

The Legend.....has spoken. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Thats what i call a quality finish with no manipulative lighting to snap photos. This is how a post should be like, not just posting results photo with warm lighting and calling it Professionalism.
Thanks for the kind words bro... Over lah... No where near your scale!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
quite a huge process there, and great job!

Didn't know you can polish over the decals too, good stuff

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
quite a huge process there, and great job!

Didn't know you can polish over the decals too, good stuff
Thanks for kind words Tom. I was being careful over what I thought to be decals. To my surprise, it is a painted surface. I think they use paint instead of decals for the new models. I have done another relatively new, 5 years old Cooper S and that was still using decals.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai guys..

my story...
i want buy a 2nd car, so now i try to find out a new car model Honda Civic 1.8 and bmw e46 1.9.

so any opinion can share with me what the best car should i buy?
honda civic 1.8 or BMW e46 1.9. :burnout:

what difference endurance honda civic and BMW e46 ?

any opinion can share with me..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience