Michael Schumacher to retire...

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
butthead said:
hmm...Alonso did not really shown that he is susceptible to the preassure given on the tracks... but at any mistakes, failures on his or his teams side he will start screaming his head off while pointing fingers:emoticon_U:

what you are saying in your 2nd section actually refers more to MSCs driving styles... after watching Alonsos 2 world championship winning seasons... i noticed that Alonso drives in a manner where he takes calculated risks and with sensibility constantly gauging his opponents.. in other words i put it as fast but carefull driving... Michael on the other hand re-acts more on his instincts and sort of "at the beat of a heart" decisions... he would almost do everthing in and outside of the book to drive fast...Interlagos 2006 is a fine example... some might everyone except for kimi and fisi just moved over and let him pass... but for the duration of the 2 years... how many times Alonso did something like this...

again comparing this 2 nemesis in overtaking maneuveres... Alonso is often seen having hard time overtaking drivers... and often showing fists and sign languages to drivers like backmarkers if they block him for a tad too long... in my years of watching Michael... i find him trying all the odd and iregular moves when he is trying to pass someone... Turkish GP this year trying to pass Alonso is a great example... he tried left, right, inside lines, outside lines and anything imaginable to him...

overall... i think as a driver... he pushes exceptionally hard even when his car is not able too.. whether it is overtaking or trying to put in a fast lap... you might see him get out of shape at places that make him looks like a rookie...

last 2 Chinese GPs i don't really know how to explain it... the weird spins and crashes at the oddest places... but the first Chinese GP Michael did already sealed his Championship... so i guess he had not that much intentions to win instead letting his good team mate rack in some wins...
hehe i don really expect u to agree with me as we have been over the FA topic many times, anyway i will still give my opinion..

well i disagree with ur first point as FA haven prove himself being UN crackable under pressure.. erm instead of me giving examples of him cracking under pressure why don u give me examples? aside from Canada GP 2005 and Brazil GP 04 i think i don remember FA actually spun or whack anything and retired.. no offence but how many drivers actually make less mistake than FA during pressure? no1 that i can think of.. (oh btw i do agree with u on the point where he shud have keep his comment to himself regarding his crew rather than screaming it out.. then again its jus diff drivers, he did thank his team in brazil gp this yr in a 3 languanges the crew was based and i though it was very moving for him to do so..)

ah the other pt where u said MS was more aggressive, while i agree with u on MS is aggressive i don think FA is less aggressive, Japan GP 05 for instance shows how much gut he has.. and not to mention many other overtaking moves that was brave and exciting.. and also FA only calculate the risk this GP coz it is the only sensible thing to do.. i mean pls recall when MS used to dominate, i remember he doesnt mind losing the occasional GPs becoz he does not see the risk of giving all out.. (thats what make both of them multiple champs, fast and SMART)

errr FA never and i mean NEVER look like a rookie in GPs, he might be pusing damn hard but he dont make big rookie mistake, i mean name me one if u can think of.. its his driving style that make it look like he struggle but then he wont be fast if he is struggling, right?

while i idolise MS, there is this weird habit of him at least having a poor gp in a season.. but then that makes him more sentimental don u think? haha.. at least prove to us he is still human

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
GT3 said:
hehe.. funny enough FA have the reputation among the F1 team personnals as being UN-crackable under pressure.. don know how u came out with ur conclusion.. (b4 u comment 1 fine example would be i think monza race last yr and ah yes the last Brazilian GP?).. btw i don really want to defend FA because i really don like the fact he is switching to RON DENNIS's Mclaren.. just have to let it out because i think its only fair to give a more objective comment

the other thing, while i have the upmost respect for MS (he is my favourate driver of all time) i cant say he is better in taking pressure than say FA, he does occasionally make some very style contrasting mistake when he is under pressure.. the first 2 Shanghai GP for instance.. and also some other races which frankly i forgotten.. ah yes another thing, i remember i read from Autosport from one of the Ferrari personnal who use to compare Ruben and MS, (i vaguely remember is Jean Todt or maybe its ross brawn but anyway..) the person says weird enuff MS is more latin and RB is more european (in the sense more rational).. so again i cast abit doubt on ur comment
Funny enough, I actually agree with the general consensus (not yours) that Alonso is very cool and calm under pressure. Until that is, the recent (before they recovered) mini slump from the Renault team. During that period, he was less than stellar (I thought) at dealing with his emotions and neither did his performances go to show that he was unaffected by the pressure. And to be honest, until Ferrari and Schumacher gained huge momentum and put him and his team under some pressure, Alonso has not really had to deal with seriously stressful situations.

That said, your observation that Alonso hardly makes any mistakes on track is quite true. But then again, he hasn't been around for too long (we'll have to wait and see after more seasons) and for the past 2 years when he has been in the public eye, he has been in a bulletproof Renault. I think (and many I suspect also think) that next season onwards in a McLaren might be a testing time for Alonso. Because unless McLaren suddenly comes up with a fantastic car for next year, Alonso will have more to deal with and we'll see what he is really made of.

On the other hand, my opinion on Schumacher is based on his spectacular record throughout the years. The statistics does not lie. Schumacher is made of much much much sterner stuff than anyone else on the F1 grid.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
hehe i don really expect u to agree with me as we have been over the FA topic many times, anyway i will still give my opinion..

well i disagree with ur first point as FA haven prove himself being UN crackable under pressure.. erm instead of me giving examples of him cracking under pressure why don u give me examples? aside from Canada GP 2005 and Brazil GP 04 i think i don remember FA actually spun or whack anything and retired.. no offence but how many drivers actually make less mistake than FA during pressure? no1 that i can think of.. (oh btw i do agree with u on the point where he shud have keep his comment to himself regarding his crew rather than screaming it out.. then again its jus diff drivers, he did thank his team in brazil gp this yr in a 3 languanges the crew was based and i though it was very moving for him to do so..)

ah the other pt where u said MS was more aggressive, while i agree with u on MS is aggressive i don think FA is less aggressive, Japan GP 05 for instance shows how much gut he has.. and not to mention many other overtaking moves that was brave and exciting.. and also FA only calculate the risk this GP coz it is the only sensible thing to do.. i mean pls recall when MS used to dominate, i remember he doesnt mind losing the occasional GPs becoz he does not see the risk of giving all out.. (thats what make both of them multiple champs, fast and SMART)

errr FA never and i mean NEVER look like a rookie in GPs, he might be pusing damn hard but he dont make big rookie mistake, i mean name me one if u can think of.. its his driving style that make it look like he struggle but then he wont be fast if he is struggling, right?

while i idolise MS, there is this weird habit of him at least having a poor gp in a season.. but then that makes him more sentimental don u think? haha.. at least prove to us he is still human
no...no no... you got me a tad wrong.. i was saying in my previous post that Alonso did not shown that he was crackable under racing conditions... but he vented his stress and anger off the track...he did occasionally get angry at some backmarkers on track though...

actually FA did have very little mistakes made on track.. or at least mistakes that were fault of his own and not due to mechanical failures...

on most times... i don't really see Alonso push his car to the limit... for instance... compare Alonsos races right after when the Mass Damper was banned... he did slowed down... but seldom you see him push his car until it gets all out of shape...compare it with Michael at the beginning of the year at Albert Park... the car was definitely not sticking well to the ground... sliding and slipping at some spots often... he still push hard... a bit to hard if i might add untill he punted it into the wall at the last turn... my point is... drivers do tend to learn their cars limit by pushing it until something bad happens... in most other touring car and other racing events... especially like Super GT... driver do push their car until it spins or go off track... but they tend to learn their cars in practice and not important times like Quali or during the race...i have seen Michael done this over the years... maybe Australia is a place where he has nothing to lose by that time.. but heck... i'd say he is more often on a limit than FA is...some might think this are mistakes made by the driver... but i do think that some off them are made on pure attempts to push the car pass or close to its limits...that is what i think when i say Alonso always take calculated risk... you don't see him pushing his car extremely hard when it is unnecessary...either that or Renault really did made a super perfect car...

maybe it will be like what silverfish says... lets wait till next year until he gets into an imperfect McLaren ans sees what he is made off...

on overtaking drivers... i find both Michael and MS are both quite simillarly aggresive...

si|verfish said:
On the other hand, my opinion on Schumacher is based on his spectacular record throughout the years. The statistics does not lie. Schumacher is made of much much much sterner stuff than anyone else on the F1 grid.
Murray Walker mentioned before

"I think he is the greatest. Before I think it was (Argentinian legend Juan Manuel) Fangio, but when you look at what Michael Schumacher has done over a 15-year career, which is incredibly long, he has been at the top all the time,"

he really has been at the top for most of his years... for a fact he has never gotten lower than 3rd place on the word title standings since 94... except for the 99 season where he broke his leg...he has 7 championshp winds... two 2nd place and three 3rd place...one 4th, one 5th, one 14th place and one disqualification for his clashes with Captain Jacques... not bad a result for 15years in F1...it will stay unbeatten for quite a long time...

Alonso also fears McLaren reliability problems...
http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0,15909,3210_3213_1628465,00.html

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Funny enough, I actually agree with the general consensus (not yours) that Alonso is very cool and calm under pressure. Until that is, the recent (before they recovered) mini slump from the Renault team. During that period, he was less than stellar (I thought) at dealing with his emotions and neither did his performances go to show that he was unaffected by the pressure. And to be honest, until Ferrari and Schumacher gained huge momentum and put him and his team under some pressure, Alonso has not really had to deal with seriously stressful situations.
hmm well i wont say his complaint wasnt valid, i mean do u think no1 in renault is pleased with FA taking the champion title to mclaren with their hardwork, don think so.. maybe they wont sabotage him as obvious but i think they might be less motivated and to get ppl motivated he might have use screaming?

and yes when renault mass damper system was banned the whole renault was under pressure but again i don remember FA did any driving mistake to loose races, if i recall the only retirement was becoz of engine failure and hardly a driver's mistake in f1 nowadays (with all the electronics)

si|verfish said:
That said, your observation that Alonso hardly makes any mistakes on track is quite true. But then again, he hasn't been around for too long (we'll have to wait and see after more seasons) and for the past 2 years when he has been in the public eye, he has been in a bulletproof Renault. I think (and many I suspect also think) that next season onwards in a McLaren might be a testing time for Alonso. Because unless McLaren suddenly comes up with a fantastic car for next year, Alonso will have more to deal with and we'll see what he is really made of.
well i agree we need a few more season to see to fully justified if he is that consistent but... he is been in this business for what 3 or 4 yrs, and one of them was in a minardi and i don think that is a easy car to drive let alone race, while i conceive i dint pay much attention to him that time i did look back at his records n again don think he made much mistake..

si|verfish said:
well MS record speaks itself so i m not gonna doubt it, but he was beaten by FA 2 times in a row so i think that give FA certain credential with his achievement isnt it? i mean its not like last yr where many of u said he won becoz he is lucky, he prove himself to be a champion material

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
butthead said:
no...no no... you got me a tad wrong.. i was saying in my previous post that Alonso did not shown that he was crackable under racing conditions... but he vented his stress and anger off the track...he did occasionally get angry at some backmarkers on track though...
well i think it just normal for anyone to get piss when u are block by backmarkers, just everyone show it differently.. and again even FA show finger or whatever that didnt distract him to loose a race

butthead said:
on most times... i don't really see Alonso push his car to the limit... for instance... compare Alonsos races right after when the Mass Damper was banned... he did slowed down... but seldom you see him push his car until it gets all out of shape...compare it with Michael at the beginning of the year at Albert Park... the car was definitely not sticking well to the ground... sliding and slipping at some spots often... he still push hard... a bit to hard if i might add untill he punted it into the wall at the last turn... my point is... drivers do tend to learn their cars limit by pushing it until something bad happens... in most other touring car and other racing events... especially like Super GT... driver do push their car until it spins or go off track... but they tend to learn their cars in practice and not important times like Quali or during the race...i have seen Michael done this over the years... maybe Australia is a place where he has nothing to lose by that time.. but heck... i'd say he is more often on a limit than FA is...some might think this are mistakes made by the driver... but i do think that some off them are made on pure attempts to push the car pass or close to its limits...that is what i think when i say Alonso always take calculated risk... you don't see him pushing his car extremely hard when it is unnecessary...either that or Renault really did made a super perfect car...
well why would u risk losing the race by overdriving when u can win it easily? i mean logically speaking no1 will wanna loose something unnessarily right? the other thing, MS and FA have rather distintive driving style and sometimes its appearance might be misleading in a sense where u might think a driver is driving harder than another but in actual fact both of them is putting the same amt of effort.. same principle applies to this case (in a more simple way of thinking, MS is fast, very fast and i don think anyone else can beat him without trying hard, don u think so as well)

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
GT3 said:
well MS record speaks itself so i m not gonna doubt it, but he was beaten by FA 2 times in a row so i think that give FA certain credential with his achievement isnt it? i mean its not like last yr where many of u said he won becoz he is lucky, he prove himself to be a champion material
I wouldn't say Alonso was unlucky, would you? The fact is he has had a lot of good fortune, or should I say Raikkonen had a lot of misfortune. This season was a lot tougher for him thanks to Ferrari and Shumacher giving him a run for his money. But again he gets the stroke of luck during the most critical time just as Schumacher caught up with him and Ferrari's often bulletproof reliability decides to pack up and go home.

IMHO, in both seasons, his runner ups have stole his thunder (means they got a huge chunk of the limelight away from him) although they failed to steal his crown. Kimi's tragically unlucky but heroic bid to beat Alonso last season and Schumacher's nearly Hollywood swansong this season.

I don't for a minute doubt Alonso's capability, I really don't. I've given him comparison to Alain Prost (an all time great and known as the Professor) for his calculating driving. He's probably the best overall driver on the grid after Schumacher's retirement. But truth be told, he's going to have much much tougher challenges ahead of him. There's much less to admire about his attitude and behaviour though. He has annoyed me no end this season with his antics.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
GT3 said:
well why would u risk losing the race by overdriving when u can win it easily? i mean logically speaking no1 will wanna loose something unnessarily right? the other thing, MS and FA have rather distintive driving style and sometimes its appearance might be misleading in a sense where u might think a driver is driving harder than another but in actual fact both of them is putting the same amt of effort.. same principle applies to this case (in a more simple way of thinking, MS is fast, very fast and i don think anyone else can beat him without trying hard, don u think so as well)
Dude, I think you've copied the wrong persons name on the quote for this post of yours. This ones by butthead.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
I wouldn't say Alonso was unlucky, would you? The fact is he has had a lot of good fortune, or should I say Raikkonen had a lot of misfortune. This season was a lot tougher for him thanks to Ferrari and Shumacher giving him a run for his money. But again he gets the stroke of luck during the most critical time just as Schumacher caught up with him and Ferrari's often bulletproof reliability decides to pack up and go home.

IMHO, in both seasons, his runner ups have stole his thunder (means they got a huge chunk of the limelight away from him) although they failed to steal his crown. Kimi's tragically unlucky but heroic bid to beat Alonso last season and Schumacher's nearly Hollywood swansong this season.
well champion needs luck like it anot, i mean MS beat KR several times becoz KR was more unlucky so its jus fair sometimes he faces similiar situation

another thing while i agree both season FA had tough challenge i think it was quite different kinda challenge, i mean last season when he was fighting KR kimi was having a faster car almost the whole season but still lost due to his consistency and KR's typical bad lucks.. then this season ferrari and renault is more or less similiar in terms of performance and reliability and he won rather fairly i would say (not to mention there was a weird suspiction with the timely ban of renault's mass damper system which cause renault's dip in performance).. so obviously both season the 2 runner up seems to took the lime light (due to diff factor) but then in years to come ppl only remember winners and FA is a worthy winner

si|verfish said:
I don't for a minute doubt Alonso's capability, I really don't. I've given him comparison to Alain Prost (an all time great and known as the Professor) for his calculating driving. He's probably the best overall driver on the grid after Schumacher's retirement. But truth be told, he's going to have much much tougher challenges ahead of him. There's much less to admire about his attitude and behaviour though. He has annoyed me no end this season with his antics.
haha for the first time i completely agree with u on something, or close to completely anyway.. i dint really like FA comment during the season abt his team and FIA (even though it sound reasonable i preferred it be kept as it damage the sport credential)

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Dude, I think you've copied the wrong persons name on the quote for this post of yours. This ones by butthead.
hehe sorry.. cut and paste error.. its edited now

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
well i think it just normal for anyone to get piss when u are block by backmarkers, just everyone show it differently.. and again even FA show finger or whatever that didnt distract him to loose a race

it seems a bit rude... even the DC apologised for his incident in Magny Cours where he showed his middle finger when Michael blocked him...

it is sort of strange.. because often people nag about the entertainment values that drivers aren't pushing hard enough... driver aren't doing fantastic overtaking wheel to wheel maneuvers...

to me... it seems Alonso is not trying his best... whenever he senses that there is no danger from his rivals... remember williams few years back with ralf and montoya with their super powerful BMW engine... they could get to be infront and yet they still push... i remember once in hockenheim unchanged layout ...they lapped so damn fast that they almost catched Michael in 3rd place... Michael was about a whole minute behind them... examples of drivers who still pushed hard while leading with their rivals far behind... Michael and Mika used to do that... often gaining at least a 30 second or more lead over their closest rival...

si|verfish said:
luck was somethings that was on Alonsos side quite often... this year for example... he collected a huge chunk of championship points early in the season for Michaels troubles with his car and tyres and his form... then Michael gain momentum from gaining back their form and Alonsos few misfortunes..all which seems that Ferrari has gain back all they lost... then again all out of a sudden...shit came down on them again...

GT3 said:
well champion needs luck like it anot, i mean MS beat KR several times becoz KR was more unlucky so its jus fair sometimes he faces similiar situation

haha for the first time i completely agree with u on something, or close to completely anyway.. i dint really like FA comment during the season abt his team and FIA (even though it sound reasonable i preferred it be kept as it damage the sport credential)

it is agreeable that Kimi lost his 2003 championship due to his luck and McLarens reliability...the biggest hit was the US GP...but they fought hard for the whole season... and Kimi was furious with every failure he encountered which was because he was still in contention... last year was so bad to the extent which i think he himself knows that there is lesser chance compared to 2003... hence a more calm person whenever he gets a DNF..

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
hmm well i wont say his complaint wasnt valid, i mean do u think no1 in renault is pleased with FA taking the champion title to mclaren with their hardwork, don think so.. maybe they wont sabotage him as obvious but i think they might be less motivated and to get ppl motivated he might have use screaming?

well i agree we need a few more season to see to fully justified if he is that consistent but... he is been in this business for what 3 or 4 yrs, and one of them was in a minardi and i don think that is a easy car to drive let alone race, while i conceive i dint pay much attention to him that time i did look back at his records n again don think he made much mistake..
i think you know Flavio as what type of person he is right... he would not let anyone take away his hard efforts that easily... look at his comments about coming up with an anti-alonso... how grateful sort of a person he is...

it's hard to talk about his performances back then...first, the broadcasts seldom show minardis...2nd he wasnt really anything exceptional when he was in a Minardi... which led to why the broadcast seldom show Minardi... i remember last time they even show Arrows when Arrows was still around... Jos the Boss performed quite a few times exceptionally well...

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Y debate bout MS pushing the car very hard n off its limit. But i stil c him surviving til today. He's not dead yet by crashing to any walls. Come on....Its Formula One "Racing". C the word racing??? Ur machine is brand new every race. So dun hav to be gentle to it when u're racing it. I call this professional coz when he's into a race he's focus n aggresive enuff n of coz brave enuff to push the machine to its limit. Mayb call this racing skill.
But i tink most of us here cant judge him coz he's a veteran F1 driver. We're not even go kart racers.
He knows wat he's doin.

Overtaking in a too aggresive manner? Racing la....Its a test of pressuring ur opponent n opponent handling pressure from u.

Anyway both MS n FA r drivers with their own unique style n skills. FA is quite rude n bold sometimes but in terms of racing skills he does has it.

F1 is very scientific though. Its bout overall package. Who has the best package+ a bit of luck will be the winner most of the time.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Actually, because in modern F1, championships are determined by points accumulated over a season, you come across the phenomenon whereby consistency is rewarded more than excellence, not to say that they are mutually exclusive.

The result is sort of like Chelsea (for those familiar with English football). Their game is always not to lose first and foremost, winning second and entertainment value third. This approach is stunningly effective in the league because you play it safe and you make sure you don't drop points. Even on a bad day when things aren't going their way, they can get a favourable result.

For the past 2 seasons, Alonso and Renault has been the F1 equivalent of Chelsea. They probably ain't the fastest (by a slim margin), but they are the most reliable and therefore they maximise their ability to accumulate points.

Alonso is a brilliant driver but his calculating style can sometimes be deemed as cautious or safe (therefore boring) by some. This is not to say he can't be fast and furious, its just his natural tendency not to take big risks if unnecessary.

Going back to the football analogy, compare Chelsea against Arsenal or Man Utd. Both of the latter go out to attack and entertain first, win second and not lose third. Which would people prefer to see?

Which is why guys who go all out, all the time are much more endearing than guys who are a little bit too cautious. Same reason why Senna is deemed in greater regard than Prost.

My humblest opinion, of course.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
butthead said:
it's hard to talk about his performances back then...first, the broadcasts seldom show minardis...2nd he wasnt really anything exceptional when he was in a Minardi... which led to why the broadcast seldom show Minardi... i remember last time they even show Arrows when Arrows was still around... Jos the Boss performed quite a few times exceptionally well...
errr sorry i cant agree with u on this point (not that i completely agree with other points but then its diff personal opinion so i decide to let it be), FA was on his first yr when driving for minardi and he basically beat his more senior team mate flat thru out the year, don remember jos doing it.. (btw kimi who on his first yr still lose to NH, although Nick is a better driver than those FA had to face but nevertheless it shows how talented is FA)

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
kher said:
Y debate bout MS pushing the car very hard n off its limit. But i stil c him surviving til today. He's not dead yet by crashing to any walls. Come on....Its Formula One "Racing". C the word racing??? Ur machine is brand new every race. So dun hav to be gentle to it when u're racing it. I call this professional coz when he's into a race he's focus n aggresive enuff n of coz brave enuff to push the machine to its limit. Mayb call this racing skill.
But i tink most of us here cant judge him coz he's a veteran F1 driver. We're not even go kart racers.
He knows wat he's doin.
erm sorry, even though f1 team generally have enormous budget they don hav a new car every race, not only the engine due to the regulation but also the chasis (which are one of the most exp item).. also professional does not mean jus pushing it so hard to prove u hav the fastest car, pro means fast enuff to achieve the objective of competition which is to WIN. Also MS drive 100% of the car most of his career, just that he is too good in driving that he does not need to use 100% of his brain to drive it, so he seems to be at ease (which btw is the same trade FA shares)

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
si|verfish said:
Actually, because in modern F1, championships are determined by points accumulated over a season, you come across the phenomenon whereby consistency is rewarded more than excellence, not to say that they are mutually exclusive.

The result is sort of like Chelsea (for those familiar with English football). Their game is always not to lose first and foremost, winning second and entertainment value third. This approach is stunningly effective in the league because you play it safe and you make sure you don't drop points. Even on a bad day when things aren't going their way, they can get a favourable result.

For the past 2 seasons, Alonso and Renault has been the F1 equivalent of Chelsea. They probably ain't the fastest (by a slim margin), but they are the most reliable and therefore they maximise their ability to accumulate points.

Alonso is a brilliant driver but his calculating style can sometimes be deemed as cautious or safe (therefore boring) by some. This is not to say he can't be fast and furious, its just his natural tendency not to take big risks if unnecessary.

Going back to the football analogy, compare Chelsea against Arsenal or Man Utd. Both of the latter go out to attack and entertain first, win second and not lose third. Which would people prefer to see?

Which is why guys who go all out, all the time are much more endearing than guys who are a little bit too cautious. Same reason why Senna is deemed in greater regard than Prost.

My humblest opinion, of course.
I agree with u most of the point, only beg to differ by saying FA is a boring driver, i think he is the one of the drivers that overtakes the most in most races (aside from races he is in pole of coz), and his overtaking moves are not completely text book style (as butthead pointed out earlier but he deemed it rookie move or some sort) so how cant it be entertaining?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche Panamera - First 4 Door Sedan

The Porsche Panamera is a four-door, four-seat coupe, currently still in concept stages, set to be launched in 2009. It will be front engined and rear wheel drive and powered by a modified version of the 4.5 L V8 found in the Cayenne, equipped with the FSI system invented by Volkswagen (Porsche and Volkswagen collaborated on the Cayenne/Touareg sport utility vehicle)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience