Mazda 13B RE in a 80's Toyota KE70 DX

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
Btw. A 13B isn't that cheap no? How is this gonna be budget build?
I've had a rough calculation on how much a Boosted 4A-GE (20v/16v) is compared to an N/A 13B and the RE is cheaper, especially if i'm going towards a Carby rotary build. not too messy with the electricals and there is no need for forged internals and turbo setups whatsoever. Power output is probably the same.... i'm just wondering, will the gearbox fit in the transmission tunnel? :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

not risky...just need proper attention to detail especially when involving weld/cut for mounting fabrication....

and honestly i've seen with my own eyes wira with b16 vtec engine inside using oem mounting with some base fabrication....very clean install....but thats not in klang valley ;)
I've also personally seen a VTEC Satria Neo... B18C Type R in a Neo is no easy task...
VTEC KICKED IN YO! :driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have no idea. But the 13b sits very low and further back. I imagine the tranny is short? I have no idea. Sorry bro. But if you take fabrication into account, probably REW will cause more. Plus REW will make way way more power. Easier to get power compare to piston engines actually.

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
I have no idea. But the 13b sits very low and further back. I imagine the tranny is short? I have no idea. Sorry bro. But if you take fabrication into account, probably REW will cause more. Plus REW will make way way more power. Easier to get power compare to piston engines actually.
Well, thanks for all the information. appreciate it. yeah, thats why i vouch to choose a Rotary. so far, i've got information that i should use a series 3-4 13B with a carburetor, mated to a 5-speed series 1 gearbox. I have no idea what this combo is about but it seems that it fits in a KE chassis according to threads on rollaclub.com :biggrin: .... im not sure about the mountings and where to get it fabricated but i'll have to work on that :banghead: someone told me to check out R.P.S Motorsports located in USJ 1 because it seems their famous for Old school Rotaries. do you have any idea who the are and are they recommendable? :confused:

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
Did some research and the RE engine mounts are at the front, making the original engine cross member useless. which means, i need to custom fabricate an "engine mount cum engine cross member" which is bolted onto the front of the chassis. I'm already having doubts. i've heard of getting an engineer to approve it in order for it to pass.... i don't know anything about hiring an engineer and what procedures to carry out prior to inspection... help? the transmission bracket also needs some slight fab work for it to fit... :thumpdown: :dontknow: is there any other way to make it look legit? or any other way to mount the RE in place?

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Did some research and the RE engine mounts are at the front, making the original engine cross member useless. which means, i need to custom fabricate an "engine mount cum engine cross member" which is bolted onto the front of the chassis. I'm already having doubts. i've heard of getting an engineer to approve it in order for it to pass.... i don't know anything about hiring an engineer and what procedures to carry out prior to inspection... help? the transmission bracket also needs some slight fab work for it to fit... :thumpdown: :dontknow: is there any other way to make it look legit? or any other way to mount the RE in place?
Wah...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i think there is still hope for that....just need a goood creative welder to fabricate and link the mount to original crossmember

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
its said that the FC3S - RX8 Rotary engine has its mounts located at the rotor housing or something close to it. not at the front but towards the sides, closer to a cylinder engine mounting layout... but that means the engine is a boosted RE... which i don't want :ahhhhh: looking for an N/A one. I am not really sure, anyone can clarify?

So, main idea was a KE70 DX with a 13B 48mm IDA weber carb Bridgeport capable of 220hp and 500Nm (proven). I wonder what this project would end up to be... :hmmmm: haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all i saw modification of this on bike.
i just wonder if it will work on car's engine

its a thing to let us save fuel, and preserve the low end torque.

see the pic, (plz dun mind it is a 2 stroke, more later)
it menas when the intake is close, there is something like 'reverse flow' of fuel+air
or maybe it means momentum of intake air still comming in
so the reserve actually can hold it (something like the air inside get compressed?)
than when the intake open again it can suck from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience