Mazda 13B RE in a 80's Toyota KE70 DX

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
I've decided that my project for next year would be a Budget built, KE70 DX and i'm having problems deciding what engine to throw under the hood of the car. Knowing a few examples I've seen so far online which consists of the SR20DET, 3S-GTE, CA18DET, the infamous 4A-GE / 4A-GTE / 4A-GZE and some extremely insane ones carrying 1UZ's and 2JZ's, I'm just wondering if its LEGAL to put in a Mazda 13B Series 4-6 rotary engine in a innocent Corolla DX in Malaysia. And I'm talking about having a valid car to be driven when i want (doesn't have to be a daily driver) with legitimate car registration (roadtax & insurance). I'm thinking more towards an N/A rotary Bridegeport motor mated to any 5 speed box which fits (i don't really know about rotary Gearboxes... help?) and it doesn't matter if its a Carby or a fuel injected engine. I've seen to many 4A's in Rollas to know its certainly quite under powered (my personal opinion) so its a no no from me. I know its all plug and play but i'm a little mad, so yeah.
remember, it has to be LEGAL, Rotary powered and MAAAADDD!:biggrin: So, is it possible?

BRAPPPPPP!! BRAPPPP!!! :driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to burst your bubble but a rotary mounting will be sat differently in a KE chassis.
Although, it seems logical to do so with the lightweight and small 13b in it.
Probably a damn good track weapon but no roadtax. :\
13B REW even more powerful. A street port is probably enough for a KE chassis.
Surprise you would want to involve in the rotary world where everyone is scared of it.

brapbrapbrap :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
technically, with enough money, these wild ideas and project can be done.
The big question is do you HAVE enough money?

Heck, you could strap a rocket to a car if you have the means to do so.

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
Lets say if a rotary can't be possibly legal in a KE chassis, what would you guys recommend I put under the hood? something out of this world which makes a hefty load of power and make you piss unicorn tears when launching? or a basic plug and play 4A unit? all in all, it has to be legal. :idea:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Lets say if a rotary can't be possibly legal in a KE chassis, what would you guys recommend I put under the hood? something out of this world which makes a hefty load of power and make you piss unicorn tears when launching? or a basic plug and play 4A unit? all in all, it has to be legal. :idea:
Forced induction for 4AGE.

Unker Google:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/51849-wats-d-fastest-engine-that-can-fit-ke70.html

The Noob Starting Guide To Ke70S. - KExx Corolla Discussion - rollaclub.com

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
Somebody once told me its possible to send a runner to complete the job for me. is that all true? i'm having my doubts.
What do you think of a 7A-GTE build? :itsme:

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
A 3S-GTE or a 3S-GE in a KE70... hrmmm.. is it road worthy? or do i need to get an AE70 (1.5L / 5K) instead of a KE70 (1.3L / 4K) to be able to meet the engine swap capacity regulation? :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
actually since on paper the rotary engine usually stated as 1.3liter(13b) /1.2liter (12a) provided proper mounting and safe method applied during engine+transmission swap...i assume it was possible to get it legally endorsed by puspakom/jpj.....

just make sure the weld and custom mounts bracket weld were done matching factory quality and look...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
actually since on paper the rotary engine usually stated as 1.3liter(13b) /1.2liter (12a) provided proper mounting and safe method applied during engine+transmission swap...i assume it was possible to get it legally endorsed by puspakom/jpj.....

just make sure the weld and custom mounts bracket weld were done matching factory quality and look...
I thought as long as mounting change, totally cannot be endorsed in Malaysia?

Blanc2z

May 24, 2013
Subang Jaya
hrmmm... interesting.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

any idea where it can be done around Petaling Jaya - Subang Jaya? sounds risky tho... :confused:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hrmmm... interesting.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

any idea where it can be done around Petaling Jaya - Subang Jaya? sounds risky tho... :confused:
not risky...just need proper attention to detail especially when involving weld/cut for mounting fabrication....

and honestly i've seen with my own eyes wira with b16 vtec engine inside using oem mounting with some base fabrication....very clean install....but thats not in klang valley ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, bro,
im newbie here,
but just want to inform all the members,my just got smashed at bangsar last two days.They just managed to take out my apex boostmeter and the rsm in the early morning around 5 am.Beware of this guy in bangsar area they just looking for the meters on the dash.in the incident they smashed the drivers window.
Beware of this mother f**king buggers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience