Matching sports spring with stock absorbers ...appreciate feedback

e1fnd

Known Member
Dec 29, 2004
Hey u know anyone has used wira 1.6 with eibach... just want to know how is it.... I am planning to change to R3 springs... Not that high not that low... eibach is an option but still unable to find a place where they can do a Maybank 0% installment...

What you think? of r3 springs

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
SlipStream,
why ur APM performax spring got problem?? what happen??

SlipStream

Aug 25, 2006
xbalance2002 said:
SlipStream,
why ur APM performax spring got problem?? what happen??
To date, I'm still not sure what the problem is actually but I'm suspecting that the APM Performax spring is not compatible with the stock wira absorber. The stock absorber is a long stroke so might need to replace with a short stroke abs to see if the knocking sound at the suspension still persists. Either that or replace the spring with a set of Eibach since Eibach is reputated to be able fit to stock abs. Think the latter would be a better option since i do not want to make my ride any stiffer. Will need to check the cost before i decide. :emoticon_U:

Anyone has any idea how much is a set of EIbach sports spring?

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Eibach new set will cost u around RM800-RM900 .. second hand units at around RM400 ..

e1fnd

Known Member
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah R3 springs are on sale..You can get it at ENEOS... but I talked to my friend who's an R3 owner and he says that it is quite bumpy...

Guess still the best is Eibach la...

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hi all sifus....can reconmend wat spring & absorbers to use if i wan the car to be more stable but not too bumpy?

SlipStream

Aug 25, 2006
If budget is not a concern then I think TITAN adjustables would be good enuff.. performance without sacrificing too much on comfort. Just my 2 cents.

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
thteh86 said:
in order to fit lowered springs with stock absorbers, u gotta cut the bushes. The best spring to fit in without doing anything in my opinion is a set of eibach springs.
hi , What bush needs to be cut ? me & my friends re using sports springs on our stock abs (long stroke)for few yrs without cutting anything ??? of course the ride is very bouncy because of the spring rate..

if you are talking abt cutting the shaft of the abs then i think that is strongly not recommended by the manufacturers at all..some even put a visualised picture in sticker form on the abs itself prohibiting from doing so....

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
mind to share with me which spring you are refer to is bouncing?

simon said:
hi , What bush needs to be cut ? me & my friends re using sports springs on our stock abs (long stroke)for few yrs without cutting anything ??? of course the ride is very bouncy because of the spring rate..

if you are talking abt cutting the shaft of the abs then i think that is strongly not recommended by the manufacturers at all..some even put a visualised picture in sticker form on the abs itself prohibiting from doing so....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
davidv00 said:
mind to share with me which spring you are refer to is bouncing?
Iam using APM performax in front & KW at the back...i hv tried using APM all round & KW all round also but the ride quality still feels the same...bouncy...

i would like to have my car lowered but the ride quality as same as standard springs ...is that possible ?? comfortable , can be driven fast on uneven roads , not bouncing up & down on the highway.... which spring or setup can provide me this ??

tks

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
ok but its better to have someone already using these brands to testify abt the ride quality...cos after investing money on these brands & if the ride still feels bouncy then waste of money only....anyway i hv never seen any shops selling eibach or tein in my place (sban).....maybe i have not come across yet

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hi all sifu....can reconmend any spring and adsorbers that are stable and and not so bumpy?

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
then you know wats the cost for Tien adjustables for wira 1.5?

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
SkYwAlKeR...any idea how much it cost for both front and back?