Lowering leads to faster wear and tear ..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
U cannot simply lower a car!

Best way is to gauge the side... if fender to tire is 3 fingers, ur height must also be 3 fingers. To really close the gab, put bigger rims.

If u lower till height is 1 finger... the car will never clear speed bumps or potholes.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
RPM_freak said:
So i was talking to this friend of mine .. and he mentiond some things that got me wondering ..

a) Lowering the car means more downforce .. this means the car is being pressed harder on the road .. and will lead to more wear on the tyres ?

b) By lowering your car, the chasis is more prone to feeling the impat of every nook and cranny on the road .. reducing its stiffness ..
my suggestion: stop talking about car stuffs with this "friend".

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
acbc said:
U cannot simply lower a car!

If u lower till height is 1 finger... the car will never clear speed bumps or potholes.
Hehe, mine can, Titan adjustable on a charade :_:

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
:cyclops: In the land of the blind .. the one eyed jack is the king ..

Hmmm .. i presume most of you guys drive national cars (proton/produa) ... would lowering actually increase the stability of the car as well as improve its performace .. or is it just for cosmetics .. ?

these guys with 17" rims slapped on their cars .. they have changed their power steering pump is it .. cos 16" with sports steering also kind of a hassel alredy .. ..

** i saw this guy getting the springs cut .. is he trying to lower his car the cheap way or what .. ??/ :embaressed_smile:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
errgh..about lowering till too loww, yeah, its true you cant clear bumps/humps without having the rish of scratiching your undercarriage..... i lowered my car till pretty low, so erm, yeah, im facing that problem......

cant really say wether got any increase in tire wear anot lar, cause im running -2 degree cambers at the front and previously was in the GRA event so the tires are still pretty okie looking till now ;) still using the same pair of tires.....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
it wont increase wear and tear.unless by wear and tear u mean scratching ur bumper..that means ur car is too low.

proper lowering wont give u that prob.

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
there's a chinese saying... "sik tak ham yue .. dai tak geng hort.." ... if u wanna eat ikan masin, make sure u can tahan the thirst...
Wah, keluar cantonese quote somemore :_: ..... Gavan, u understand or not? If you want to lower until 1 finger, you have to :
1) Get a good adjustable or
2) Don't eat ikan masin

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna mod my 4g91...I feel my 91 like 1.3sohc engine. Cannot tapau my friend. he oso use 4g91(stock)...

So, i need someone to help me to mod my engine..please....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience