KIPS Car Battery from TESCO Stores

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
guys,

1.10.10 - bought a new NS60 car battery from tesco mutiara damansara, cos i need it urgently, as my car does not have any sound system, just a single CD player therefore ns60 should be sufficient.
The car batt comes with a 1 year warranty. RM189

18.03.11 - battery flat, called AAM technician to check on my alternator, starter & battery....he confirmed that its the battery. So the next day i went to TESCO to complaint....they told me that i have to liase with the supplier, KIPS - Kumpulan Ikatan Perusahaan Sdn Bhd @ Kampung Baru Sg Buloh.....ok fine....i called KIPS up & they told me to come over to their factory & i get a 1 to 1 exchange as its still under 1 year warranty & kept my original warranty card but gave me a photocopy of it.

22.09.11 - battery flat again, called AAM technician to come & check again, he confirmed battery is at fault.

23.09.11 - i went over to KIPS & demanded another new battery (although i left 7 days till my warranty expires)...the boss said that im unable to claim for a new 1 cos warranty will expire soon, but then i told her that im still able to claim cos its still within the 1 yr warranty. She still insists that i dont get a refund......so i argued with her..summore told me my car not suitable for NS60...must use NS70 bla bla bla...i dont care.....so i asked her what other solution do i have? she said will give me a very special price for me for NS70 one RM225(maintanance free batt)...i told her is that the best u could give me? she said yes....outside cannot find this price.......i was annoyed & left...as i have to get back to office.

that evening i called up KIPS to survey the price for NS70 (wonder how special was the price she offered me earlier on) a malay lady picked up....she quoted RM255 for NS70 & additional 10% if i go there & collect it myself....i was like WTF...only gave me RM5 discount...must well dun give at all.

so fine i was pissed off...i report to Consumer Tribunal (TTPM) & later that night made a police report against KIPS so that i could bring this evidence during the Tribunal Hearing.....

i also wrote an email to TESCO customer service & till now have not recieved any feedbacks from them, if by end of this week still no news, i will email to the operations mgr or who ever is inchage. Serve them right.

from now on pls ban KIPS car batteries.
still pending date for hearing...will update again.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
bravo..that's the right way to go. if its not 1 year yet means its not 1 year yet and they have to honor the warranty regardless.

serves these businesses right..trying to rip consumers off.

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
had the same experience with KIPS battery.

Bought 1 from C4 as I was desperate, (car cannot start) but the battery lasted less then 10 mths.

Asked poreman why so fast kong and he mentioned that it was not really 12/13 plates

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
arturo..
haha u know me...

ixeo..
thats right..no matter i wanna claim 10 times ke...as long still under warranty....

rakyat..
true..KIPS batteries are not really that reliable...tesco selling rm190..i bought a new century marathoner batt rm180..even yokohama ones are selling at that price.....

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
Ur price is for NS60? Very expensive-la, I bought mine NS70L oso around RM180 but from C4.

Battery - most of the time never shop around coz normally flat and cannot start then only look for it :banghead: If pre-empted then of course go buy established brand since pricing not much difference (I'm talking bout Yoko/ Century ect not the exotic racing batteries :thefinger:)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You guys get your NS70's cheap. But for my car since I got ICE and other stuff, I use a MF Panasonic NS70 battery got it 'cheap' at RM260. Best ever battery I've bought. Gonna continue using Panasonics forever. They don't seem to 'leak' like the other brands I've used and work great with my ICE - no dimming of lights everytime the bass kicks in.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Ur price is for NS60? Very expensive-la, I bought mine NS70L oso around RM180 but from C4.

Battery - most of the time never shop around coz normally flat and cannot start then only look for it :banghead: If pre-empted then of course go buy established brand since pricing not much difference (I'm talking bout Yoko/ Century ect not the exotic racing batteries :thefinger:)
wat brand is your NS70L? is it branded? cos the tauke at the battery shop offered me NS70 but rm240....yokohama brand.......at that time it was out of my budget...so i went for NS60 century. traded in 3 used batteries RM10 per batt.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes panasonic can last for 3year++

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Izso...wanted to fit in a NS70...but cant fit. so stuck with NS60. but i bought GP MF last time. 2nd year n still ok. :touch wood:

wonder how much is the NS60 panasonics....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
arturo...relocate your batt to the boot lor hehe...buy the orange jumper cables good enuf.....
since panasonics lasts quite long sure expensive.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso...wanted to fit in a NS70...but cant fit. so stuck with NS60. but i bought GP MF last time. 2nd year n still ok. :touch wood:

wonder how much is the NS60 panasonics....
Can get from Eneos. Price is about RM180 last time my friend quoted me.

And just modify the tapak la.. unless you've changed to a much larger engine? Battery in the boot! Equal weight distribution.. hahaha

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yes..go for yokohama or century battery,and make sure buy up from spare shop as it more easy claim if anything happen than hypermarket..they only good ask ppl go to baterry suppier factory..really waste time and petrol...how to go as our car cant start up..ask help from friend..menyusahkan ppl on own problem.
NEVER never buy spare part from hypermarket as it may offer a bit cheap but hard to claim.
believe it or not...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Danz...malas la wanna relocate to boot...hahah

Izso...thanx. thats damn cheap u know...i bought my gp mf aredy rm200...at fren fren price. cant use ns70 cos my batt is between the firewall n the front absorber towers. behind the batt at the firewall is the outlet for all the wiring....so no place to fit in. n like i said to Danz...damn lazy wanna relocate to boot...wiring will be a bloody mess :rofl:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
jimmy...true...normally those spare part shop/hypermarket will cuci tangan..u may need to go to the suppliers factory to claim.....thats wat happened to me.

arturo...aiya...u ask izso to help u DIY...he is DIY SIFU haha..u belanja him teh tarik ok lor..:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has constantly denied the existence of a new baby Ferrari, but it keeps emerging everywhere, guess Ferrari is just trying to make a hype of it before its debut. Expected to be introduced at this years Paris Motor Show, the successor to the legendary Ferrari Dino will be possibly named the GT420 or 470 or maybe just, Dino all over again.

To be based on a shortened platform of the Maserati...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience