Yokohama Battery Shop - Where ?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
:confused:Anyone knows any battery shop that sells YOKOHAMA car battery kindly reply here.

Through years of observations I find YOKOHAMA battery is THE most reliable brand in terms of lifespan, troublefree and performance usage...

So I'm planning to buy one maintainance free YOKOHAMA battery for standby as my CIPPLAK brand
which now I am using showing signs of weakness, when I start the car in the morning...

I had to buy this CIPPLAK brand because I had no choice as I was stalled near PJ

So better be prudent, get a good brand and put on standby when you expect your battery is due to konk!

Anyone who also used YOKOHAMA battery can also share their experience here...

I have also heard people using it for up to 5 years on YOKOHAMA! :love:

I also read in other forums the high quality feedbacks on it....

Especially VR2Turbo, and other sifus, any comment on this brand ?

And where can I get it from? :wavey:

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro leslie

there is a shop along jalan loke yew that sells this battery. i was there last 2 weeks. they quote me RM 270 for NS70 MF

if you are at kl, after the bomba opposite victoria institution, turn left and go straight. do no go up the flyover. take the left lane. you will see a shop with yellow signboard that says pusat tayar liew or something, cant really remember the full name

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro leslie

there is a shop along jalan loke yew that sells this battery. i was there last 2 weeks. they quote me RM 270 for NS70 MF

if you are at kl, after the bomba opposite victoria institution, turn left and go straight. do no go up the flyover. take the left lane. you will see a shop with yellow signboard that says pusat tayar liew or something, cant really remember the full name
OK thanks bro cherabeng, that means its after the San Peng junction right?

So did you buy it?

May cost a little more, but can use longer period, no need to worry of flat battery for at least 2 years mah...i think its worth it, saving the trouble of frequent flat battery problems...

Once I heard a tyre shop refuse to sell YOKOHAMA battery because they say they cannot cari makan if they sell that brand, too long lasting....

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yes, dont turn into san peng. just go straight a little bit more.

in front of you is the round about that connect to sg besi, klcc or straight to cheras.

this tyre shop is just before that.you will see a big signboard of a kopitiam. i think the signboard is green color.

i havent buy yet.buy most of my friends are giving positive feedback on this battery. i am thinking of changing before CNY.

i just asked my friends, the tyre shop is call MB Liew or something. their alignment work is very good according to one of my friends who did alignment recently

hope this helps

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yes, dont turn into san peng. just go straight a little bit more.

in front of you is the round about that connect to sg besi, klcc or straight to cheras.

this tyre shop is just before that.you will see a big signboard of a kopitiam. i think the signboard is green color.

i havent buy yet.buy most of my friends are giving positive feedback on this battery. i am thinking of changing before CNY.

i just asked my friends, the tyre shop is call MB Liew or something. their alignment work is very good according to one of my friends who did alignment recently

hope this helps
Wow !
You are very generous in sharing info you knew!
Add me as your fren?
Thanks again for your instruction on how to go to that battery shop...

adzrul

Jun 29, 2010
SELANGOR
:confused:Anyone knows any battery shop that sells YOKOHAMA car battery kindly reply here.

Through years of observations I find YOKOHAMA battery is THE most reliable brand in terms of lifespan, troublefree and performance usage...

So I'm planning to buy one maintainance free YOKOHAMA battery for standby as my CIPPLAK brand
which now I am using showing signs of weakness, when I start the car in the morning...

I had to buy this CIPPLAK brand because I had no choice as I was stalled near PJ

So better be prudent, get a good brand and put on standby when you expect your battery is due to konk!

i have been using yokohama battery from last year...almost reach 1 year...then the battery exploded one day...to be exact on 07/12/12...pity my battery...:bawling:

still not sure what cause it to exploded...some sifu say there is a spark when i start the engine...the spark catch on the gas release by the battery...battery is depends on luck and also how you take care of it...mine is not so lucky...don't know if there is any fake yokohama battery in market...good luck...:smokin:

Last edited:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i have been using yokohama battery from last year...almost reach 1 year...then the battery exploded one day...to be exact on 07/12/12...pity my battery...:bawling:

still not sure what cause it to exploded...some sifu say there is a spark when i start the engine...the spark catch on the gas release by the battery...battery is depends on luck and also how you take care of it...mine is not so lucky...don't know if there is any fake yokohama battery in market...good luck...:smokin:
Send back to YOKOHAMA battery factory for analysis and also to claim another new one!

See what they say?

Whats the outcome?

Who knows, they will give you a replacement on grounds of manufacturer defects plus other goodies,

Or it could be an imitation product.

Did you buy it from a shop near Pekeliling flats?:confused:

adzrul

Jun 29, 2010
SELANGOR
Send back to YOKOHAMA battery factory for analysis and also to claim another new one!

See what they say?

Whats the outcome?

Who knows, they will give you a replacement on grounds of manufacturer defects plus other goodies,

Or it could be an imitation product.

Did you buy it from a shop near Pekeliling flats?:confused:
i bought it at a tire shop in rawang...forgot the shop name...already email yokohama batteries regarding this matter...got reply from them..they said they need to investigate further and will contact me as soon as possible...their representative quite efficient in replying my email...so, now awaiting them to call me...will update here is possible...my advise just buy car battery from authorized dealer@agent of reputable brand....but always be prepare for the worse and take good care of your battery...:smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Within warranty can send back to them for check, but explode can be tough to claim. Here are the possibility....

Explosion Hazard
When a battery is recharged at an excessive rate, an explosive mixture of hydrogen and oxygen may be produced faster that it can escape from within the walls of the battery, leading to pressure build up and the possibility of the battery case bursting.

Flammables
Lead acid batteries contain an acid electrolyte, which is corrosive and harmful; it will produce flammable gasses when re-charged. If a source of ignition is present, an explosion can occur.

If cannot hold charge then sure claimable but not sure for explosion....

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Bro., not sure where got sell yokohama batteries around my area. My mechanic used to sell when under old management of Tai Kwong Yokohama. Now I think bought over and renamed Yokohama Battries Sdn. Bhd.

adzrul

Jun 29, 2010
SELANGOR
just got call from Yokohama representative..Ms. Yvonne..she said Yokohama will pay compensation to me....told me to take picture of my engine bay that damage due to acid from exploded battery....get quotation from workshop to repair it, receipt of the new battery i bought and sent to her...very nice after sales service...she doesn't even want to look my purchase receipt (which i already lost)...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just got call from Yokohama representative..Ms. Yvonne..she said Yokohama will pay compensation to me....told me to take picture of my engine bay that damage due to acid from exploded battery....get quotation from workshop to repair it, receipt of the new battery i bought and sent to her...very nice after sales service...she doesn't even want to look my purchase receipt (which i already lost)...
That is really good after sales.....:driver:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
adzrul,
Kindly share what are the damage for the explosion? any picture to share?
I just bought it and used the battery for almost 2 month...
Explosion and battery acid around engine bay will cause trouble to paint also...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
adzrul,
Explosion and battery acid around engine bay will cause trouble to paint also...
Explosion damage should not be bad, only the acid splashed all over will damage the paint and certain components provided you can hose and wash it away quite immediately....

adzrul

Jun 29, 2010
SELANGOR
adzrul,
battery acid from the exploded battery leave a damage marks to my canister assy and hood insulator...fortunately the paint in that area not affected..buying battery is one thing...take good care of it is a whole different thing....hope your battery can last longer than mine...:smokin:

qoute from yokohama batteries reprensentative, Gary Yip :

"We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

There could be various causes related to the vehicle electrical, usage pattern, etc, which could have caused the battery to explode. However, it’s a very rare case, where a battery explodes in usage.

As you mentioned that the battery has been in good service for about a year, we may have to get more details to understand the reason for explosion now.

We may have to get the defected battery in order to understand the reason for explosion.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience caused."

now, awaiting my claim patiently...already one week...hope to get it by this month...:driver:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, i owned a wira 1.3 injections year of makin 2003. the car was using semi synthetic oil since the start n never missed an oil changing schedule. Recently, the car have a few problems. Early morning when i start the engine, the idling were not stable even after it has been warm up. And the dashboard meter showed an "engine check" sign even when i start to drive the car. After a few hrs of driving and park it with engine still running, there is a scent of petrol humes from the exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience